Brazilian NT 2018 - who deserves the spot?

• no mayhara? she’s one of the best blockers in BRA these days.

She's 29 years old and was never considered when she was younger. I don't think she'll be considered now when she's about to hit her thirties. If she had a sick slide like Juciely, she would be in contention now that Brazil only has Bia for that attacking role but she's not really known for that and we still have Thaisa.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• She's 29 years old and was never considered when she was younger. I don't think she'll be considered now when she's about to hit her thirties. If she had a sick slide like Juciely, she would be in contention now that Brazil only has Bia for that attacking role but she's not really known for that and we still have Thaisa.

Based on this season Mayhara deserves it more than Mara does.

• Based on this season Mayhara deserves it more than Mara does.

Because she's in Rio with Brazil's best receivers, best setter and a great coach/trainer like Rezende. Minas had a bad season overall, we can't exactly pinpoint that on Mara alone and also Carol deserves it more than the two but she's not coming because she's old.

It doesn't matter anyway... Mara will probably be cut if Thaisa, Adenizia, Bia and Carol are all healthy. Even Juciely has a better chance than the two because of her back slide.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Mb - we have no problem with the mb’s
    Bia is strong and can block zhu ting and boskovic; carol has a nice serve and block...
    Ade is awesome!!! No. 1 blocker in italian league

Tandara - opposite; fires blatantly
    Monique - in the 5n1 inversion, she can receive well

Oh - thiugh rosamaria has an aweful game in club this season, let us not forget that she shines in the preliminary rounds (had reviewed her against drussyla and she out win drussyla...

Drussyla when not in panic is wonderful!

Gabi - recovering from injury but i think she can still do it!

Amanda - to be used in the service of ade
    Jaque as a libero is something new to me but let’s see. Though i prefer gabi!!!!

I have a question does gabi souza spikes hard in service compared to amanda???

Regarding bruna - though i like her serve; volleyball is a team play. She will be used in the 5n1 inversion...
    brazil needs a stable passer with an awesome service which i believe is amanda!

Regarding setters, roberta will be starting and come world championship dani lins will take place...

• I have a question does gabi souza spikes hard in service compared to amanda???

Gabi Souza has switched to libero. And her service is not as good as Amanda's.

• I have a feeling Roberta will play a lot but when World Champion starts, Dani Lins will become starter again.

so far I am happy with the selections.

Roberta, Dani Lins, Fabiola -- all amazing setters.

Gabi, Natalia, Drussyla -- good defensive and offensive OH combination.

Tandara is a beast. Monique might be short but she has always been consistent. is Tiffany invited?

MBs are the positions that I am worried about the least. Bia, Carol, Adenizia, and Juciely are the fantastic 4. I just wish Brazil can find another 1.9m MBs.

Gabiru showed a lot of potential last year at the WGC. And Jaque is a good receiver and defender.

So excited to see this new phase of NT!

• Tifanny was not invited, also Jucy is not back to the NT.

• Tifanny was not invited, also Jucy is not back to the NT.

oh, too bad. Tiffany could be that force to be reckoned with. I guess with Bia on the team, Jucy is not that much needed. They have Bia who can attack slides and Carol/Adenizia to attack from the front. Rosamaria needs to step up her game as OPP if she wants to have a slight chance to make it to Tokyo. Those OH spots seemed to be secured already by Nati, Gabi, Garay.

• oh, too bad. Tiffany could be that force to be reckoned with. I guess with Bia on the team, Jucy is not that much needed. They have Bia who can attack slides and Carol/Adenizia to attack from the front. Rosamaria needs to step up her game as OPP if she wants to have a slight chance to make it to Tokyo. Those OH spots seemed to be secured already by Nati, Gabi, Garay.

I wouldn't be too sure about those OH spots.. Natalia has been injured all season long, and we don't know if she'll get back to her previous shape. Garay is already 32, maybe she's playing great now but you can't take it for granted, 2020 is far away

• I wouldn't be too sure about those OH spots.. Natalia has been injured all season long, and we don't know if she'll get back to her previous shape. Garay is already 32, maybe she's playing great now but you can't take it for granted, 2020 is far away

Nati wont play the VNL but they are certain that she will be back to the WCH.
    Fe Garay retired from the NT and has said many times she is not willing to come back, which is a pity.

• Nati wont play the VNL but they are certain that she will be back to the WCH.
    Fe Garay retired from the NT and has said many times she is not willing to come back, which is a pity.

so we are going to see all these young players to fight and battle for the OH spot. Gabi and Drussyla/Rosamaria combo is okay, I guess.

I thought Fe Garay only wanna take a break to start a family? OMG this is too bad. She is still slaying the Superliga. Garay + Natalia duo is a good combo tbh.

• so we are going to see all these young players to fight and battle for the OH spot. Gabi and Drussyla/Rosamaria combo is okay, I guess.

I thought Fe Garay only wanna take a break to start a family? OMG this is too bad. She is still slaying the Superliga. Garay + Natalia duo is a good combo tbh.

Ze Roberto is trying to convice her to come back to the NT for the WCH but I don't think she will be back...

• Fe Garay would be a great loss. None of the current OHs are close to her peak and level.

#FreeBritney

• Ze Roberto is trying to convice her to come back to the NT for the WCH but I don't think she will be back...

I hope she changes her mind. She is still a very valuable asset to the NT. Gabi, Drussyla, and Rosamaria are still too "young".

Fe Garay would be a great loss. None of the current OHs are close to her peak and level.

Agreed. She is one of those OH that can receive and attack although her defense can be a bit slow. Coach Ze really needs to train these young players a.s.a.p. Tokyo is just 2 years ahead.

• In one article ive read she thought if retiring to nt but ze is persuading her.

She wants to get pregnant then she would like to play in nt agaian!

• I don't know if I'm getting it right, but looks like Bruna is angry why she's not invited to the NT

She is lol She also burned the bridge by reporting her anger to the media.
    I would've liked to at least see her in one of the games, but oh well.

• She is lol She also burned the bridge by reporting her anger to the media.
    I would've liked to at least see her in one of the games, but oh well.

I actually don't think that angry is the best word in this case... I would rather say that she is disappointed. Bruna did a really good Superliga, she was the 3rd best scorer (and she hasn't played the semifinals). I really would like to see her in the NT, especially because I don't think that Monique has any chance to guide Brazil against top international teams.

• That`s exactly why I can`t ever cheer for Brazil... Ze Roberto sucks... Bruna was the 2nd best OPP this season and she should be there...and not Monique. I like Monique and she`s great for Sesc...but NT is a different thing and she`s already 29.... ( and Tandara is almost 30 as well).

Only problem with Bruna is that she`s only 1.80cm........ but Monique is 1.79cm.

Another thing is that Ze Roberto does not know how to develop young players....she gave up on Edinara and Naiane this season...

• She is an average player and she is complaining like she was a Hooker... I personally find it kind pathetic the way she talked about. And also she complained that she didn't have more time on court when she played in Rexona but well Sheilla and Pavan were there... :whistle: