Brazilian NT 2018 - who deserves the spot?

• To me yes, Suelen is the best libero Brazil has and she is playing amazing. Against Italy she was defending everything! And overall her performances are great!!

• she had an amazing superliga
    Already had connection with the current brazil nt
    Precised sets from over the pass balls and defends well...

• Sorry been out of the loop but why is Tandara not playing vs Italy?

• holders is bruna and lorenne.. two more names will be cut

Mara must embark after league of nations to dominican republic...

Plenty of mbs and setter in the selection....

Im ok with edinara lorenne and bruna!!!!

• setter roberta dani lins
    Opposite tandara bruna
    Oh fe garay natalia amanda gabi guimaraes
    Mb adenizia bia carol thaissa
    Libero suelen gabi souza

• ze will really look into the pan american cup players to test with players

Edinara
    Bruna
    Dani
    Thaisa

Its confirmed that mara, macris, rosamaria and monique will be cut in the world championship

• Fe Garay said she wants to get pregnant. But the WCH is only 3 months away....I honestly think that she will come back if she does not get pregnant.

And where did you get that these players are officially cut??? Bruna Honorio even called Ze Roberto out for not taking her to the VNL.... Knowing how Ze Roberto is he might punish her for doing that..

• Fe Garay won't go back to the NT and I dont think she will get pregnant any time soon considering she renewed with Praia Clube and is probably one of the highest paid player in Brazil right now.

• Ze needs to find out ASAP what causes the inconsistency of his players. One day, they play like in the final of 2008 or in 2012. But next day, they play like a bunch of noobs. IMHO, they shouldn't lose to Turkey and to China.

• bringing back fe garay will be th elast option!!!!!
    But i confident with edinara and bruna.
    Bruna got the serve and edinara got the receptionzzz
    And blocking

• Ze needs to find out ASAP what causes the inconsistency of his players. One day, they play like in the final of 2008 or in 2012. But next day, they play like a bunch of noobs. IMHO, they shouldn't lose to Turkey and to China.

IMHO as a fan of Brazil... They don't look as invincible as you think they are. Neither against China or even Turkey. That's a little disrespectful to both teams.

bringing back fe garay will be th elast option!!!!!
    But i confident with edinara and bruna.
    Bruna got the serve and edinara got the receptionzzz
    And blocking

Edinara and Bruna will probably go to Montreux Volley Masters to defend the title. VNL was the real test for the WCH as the players who set foot in the game actually faced the strongest teams in the world. Bruna and Edinara hardly have any international experience playing against those teams. Ze would be insane to put out inexperienced players for the most important volleyball competition for this year. Only Thaisa and Dani Lins have the real chance of moving through from the PanAm to WCH roster.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I want to believe that you're just guessing, because otherwise you would be sharing fake news. There is no confirmation that Mara, Macris, Rosamaria and Monique will be cut from the final list of a competition that's only happening in 3 months.

What Ze said is that players competing in PanAm Cup are under observation and they can make it to the main NT. Although I do think that only Dani Lins and Thaisa has real chances to make it (and now I am the one who's guessing). :win:

ze will really look into the pan american cup players to test with players

Edinara
    Bruna
    Dani
    Thaisa

Its confirmed that mara, macris, rosamaria and monique will be cut in the world championship

• IMHO as a fan of Brazil... They don't look as invincible as you think they are. Neither against China or even Turkey. That's a little disrespectful to both teams.

I'm not disrespecting China or Turkey. What I mean is Ze needs to find out what cause the recurrent inconsistency of his players. They played like a well oiled machine or a Swiss clock during the two first games. But in the two last games (especially the third game), they looks like they just got out of the bed. Roberta made lot of silly mistakes and Tandara had lot of difficulty to backcourt spike (her speciality). Even the commentators kept asking what happened to them. If they fought like when they were in the two first games but still lose to the opponents, we can say the opponents are too strong. But now, the Brazilian players are so inconsistent that we are reluctant to bet on them even when they play against a very weak team (Germany).

• I'm not disrespecting China or Turkey. What I mean is Ze needs to find out what cause the recurrent inconsistency of his players. They played like a well oiled machine or a Swiss clock during the two first games. But in the two last games (especially the third game), they looks like they just got out of the bed. Roberta made lot of silly mistakes and Tandara had lot of difficulty to backcourt spike (her speciality). Even the commentators kept asking what happened to them. If they fought like when they were in the two first games but still lose to the opponents, we can say the opponents are too strong. But now, the Brazilian players are so inconsistent that we are reluctant to bet on them even when they play against a very weak team (Germany).

tbh, the 4th match (bronze medal) was ok. Probably they could do little bit more in this match. But they are human after all and China is also a very strong team.

• tbh, the 4th match (bronze medal) was ok. Probably they could do little bit more in this match. But they are human after all and China is also a very strong team.

I think people are overestimating Brazil to be honest... Turkey did play a great match because they've done their homework by understanding how our NT plays. Our tatics is based on a good serve, block and defense. Turkey, thus, were really solid when receiving Brazil's serve. Akoz and Meliha covered Hande in many occasions. Ozbay played with really good reception and had set her middles a lot (which was a smart move given the fact that both Eda and Zehra were consistent during the competition). Brazil was unable to block because Turkey played a game full of quick sets.

Turkey also did their homework by serving on both Suelen and Amanda. Suelen is a great at defense but her reception is really shaky sometimes, she needs more consistancy for sure. In Amanda's case I really don't want to comment about it because she has proven that she's not NT material.

Besides that, Turkey did a really good block-defense job to put some pressure on Tandara. In many VNL games, Tandara was attacking from position 6 with single blocks in front of her (the same happened against China), so she was able to score like 30+ points. Turkey did a centered block strategy when Tandara was in the backrow, which is pretty reasonable because, most of times, it was Amanda attacking in position 4. We can also add that Akoz was really well positioned at defense in position 5.

In sum, Turkey played well, although I think that they've just done smt that other teams should've done against Brazil during the whole competition.