You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

flyingdutchman

Inside-Volley.com Expert

• "flyingdutchman" is male
  • "flyingdutchman" started this thread

Favourite Team: Dutch NT, LiB Aachen

Favourite Players: Buijs, Beliën, Plak, Bongaerts, Daalderop, Polder, Sloetjes, Boskovic, Zhu Ting, Wolosz, Akman, Eda, Kim, Ognjenovic, Mihajlovic, Naz, Castillo, Herbots

Sunday, February 4th 2018, 10:00pm

Dutch NT 2018

I watched this weekend both Suhl-Aachen (Saturday) and Münster-Stuttgart (today). Jamie Morrisson attended both matches..watching many Dutch players on court.

My gues for 2018 wide-roster:

Setters: Dijkema (Firenze), Stoltenborg (Stuttgart), Bongaerts (Aachen), ?

Opposites: Sloetjes (Vakifbank), Plak (Novara), ?

OHs: Daalderop (Stuttgart), Balkestein-Grothues (Casalmaggiore), Pietersen (Modena), Buijs (Nilufer), Jasper (Dresden) ?

MB: De Kruijf (Conegliano), Beliën (Bursa), Polder (Aachen), Stoeten (Aachen), Koolhaas(Bucaresti), ?

L: Schoot (Dresden), Knip (Aachen), ?

I expect some girls of Dutch Youth Team, to take the ?-spots.

The most important thing will be Judith Pietersen's return, after finishing her studies. Presumably it means, Jasper will not be in the roster for the big tournaments..

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Sunday, February 4th 2018, 10:06pm

I think Nicole Oude Luttikhuis, even though she's still very unstable, is a bigger prospect on international level than Marrit Jasper. The most Jasper can become is serve/reception substitute but her attack is too weak even on Bundesliga level.

For MB position I think Juliet Lohuis deserves the call.

flyingdutchman

Inside-Volley.com Expert

• "flyingdutchman" is male
  • "flyingdutchman" started this thread

Favourite Team: Dutch NT, LiB Aachen

Favourite Players: Buijs, Beliën, Plak, Bongaerts, Daalderop, Polder, Sloetjes, Boskovic, Zhu Ting, Wolosz, Akman, Eda, Kim, Ognjenovic, Mihajlovic, Naz, Castillo, Herbots

Sunday, February 4th 2018, 10:11pm

I think Nicole Oude Luttikhuis, even though she's still very unstable, is a bigger prospect on international level than Marrit Jasper. The most Jasper can become is serve/reception substitute.

For MB position I think Juliet Lohuis deserves the call.

Oude Luttikhuis....I don't know...she played many horrible games this season..

About Jasper: indeed, she is only suited for backcourt.

Lohuis got MVP today, but I don't know much about her season so far..

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Sunday, February 4th 2018, 10:30pm

Lohuis has been very solid throughout the whole season in all elements but she's not a spectacular player. When Münster announced her transfer Teun Buijs said that she has the potential to play in NT soon because now she'll focus on Volleyball 100%.

About Oude Luttikhuis...I don't think she's that terrible :S Whenever I watched Aachen (which wasn't THAT often though...) I thought she did a decent job, surely not great but I think she has potential. She is tall but still adapted well to Aachen's very fast game and also her reception has improved. I think she deserves a chance at least, the Netherlands don't have that many players to choose from.