You are not logged in.

flyingdutchman

Inside-Volley.com Expert

• "flyingdutchman" is male
  • "flyingdutchman" started this thread

Favourite Team: Dutch NT, LiB Aachen

Favourite Players: Buijs, Beliën, Plak, Bongaerts, Daalderop, Polder, Sloetjes, Boskovic, Zhu Ting, Wolosz, Akman, Eda, Kim, Ognjenovic, Mihajlovic, Naz, Castillo, Herbots

Sunday, February 4th 2018, 10:00pm

Dutch NT 2018

I watched this weekend both Suhl-Aachen (Saturday) and Münster-Stuttgart (today). Jamie Morrisson attended both matches..watching many Dutch players on court.

My gues for 2018 wide-roster:

Setters: Dijkema (Firenze), Stoltenborg (Stuttgart), Bongaerts (Aachen), ?

Opposites: Sloetjes (Vakifbank), Plak (Novara), ?

OHs: Daalderop (Stuttgart), Balkestein-Grothues (Casalmaggiore), Pietersen (Modena), Buijs (Nilufer), Jasper (Dresden) ?

MB: De Kruijf (Conegliano), Beliën (Bursa), Polder (Aachen), Stoeten (Aachen), Koolhaas(Bucaresti), ?

L: Schoot (Dresden), Knip (Aachen), ?

I expect some girls of Dutch Youth Team, to take the ?-spots.

The most important thing will be Judith Pietersen's return, after finishing her studies. Presumably it means, Jasper will not be in the roster for the big tournaments..

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Sunday, February 4th 2018, 10:06pm

I think Nicole Oude Luttikhuis, even though she's still very unstable, is a bigger prospect on international level than Marrit Jasper. The most Jasper can become is serve/reception substitute but her attack is too weak even on Bundesliga level.

For MB position I think Juliet Lohuis deserves the call.

flyingdutchman

Inside-Volley.com Expert

• "flyingdutchman" is male
  • "flyingdutchman" started this thread

Favourite Team: Dutch NT, LiB Aachen

Favourite Players: Buijs, Beliën, Plak, Bongaerts, Daalderop, Polder, Sloetjes, Boskovic, Zhu Ting, Wolosz, Akman, Eda, Kim, Ognjenovic, Mihajlovic, Naz, Castillo, Herbots

Sunday, February 4th 2018, 10:11pm

I think Nicole Oude Luttikhuis, even though she's still very unstable, is a bigger prospect on international level than Marrit Jasper. The most Jasper can become is serve/reception substitute.

For MB position I think Juliet Lohuis deserves the call.

Oude Luttikhuis....I don't know...she played many horrible games this season..

About Jasper: indeed, she is only suited for backcourt.

Lohuis got MVP today, but I don't know much about her season so far..

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Sunday, February 4th 2018, 10:30pm

Lohuis has been very solid throughout the whole season in all elements but she's not a spectacular player. When Münster announced her transfer Teun Buijs said that she has the potential to play in NT soon because now she'll focus on Volleyball 100%.

About Oude Luttikhuis...I don't think she's that terrible :S Whenever I watched Aachen (which wasn't THAT often though...) I thought she did a decent job, surely not great but I think she has potential. She is tall but still adapted well to Aachen's very fast game and also her reception has improved. I think she deserves a chance at least, the Netherlands don't have that many players to choose from.