• Ankle injury

Indeed. I think she is still recovering from her ankle-injury..or at least not ready yet for a match.

The same for Robin de Kruijf, after her knee-sugery.

Bongaerts arrived earlier than Stoltenborg at NT Camp, so that could be the reason why Femke is not in the roster.

I hope to see Polder and Lohuis on court :win:

• 21-roster for VNL/Summer

Setters: Dijkema (Firenze), Bongaerts (?), Stoltenborg (?), van Aalen (Junior NT)

Opp: Sloetjes (?) Plak (Novara)

OHs: Buijs (Monza?), Balkestein-Grothues (?), Daalderop (Firenze), M.Jasper (?), H. Jasper (Sneek), Oude Luttikhuis (Aachen),

MB:
    Beliën(?), De Kruijf (?), Polder(?), Lohuis (Münster), Koolhaas (?), Korevaar (Junior NT)

L: Schoot(?), Knip (Aachen), Kos (Junior NT)

• Why Kim Renkema had not any chance to show herself? And what about Meijners?

Renkema retired as a player, she is now manager in Stuttgart.

Meijners retired from NT in 2007...at the age of 20...

• If I correctly understand (translate) the article in the Dutch press, Robin will not participate in VNL, she’ll recovery for the World Championship

Could you give the link to the article :win:

Edit: I found it. It is on the federation's website. Your statement about Robin de Kruijf is correct, she will focus on WCH. Daalderop will be part of the roster again in 2nd week (in Japan).

https://www.volleybal.nl/nieuw…ns-league-toernooi-bekend

• Polder reminds me a lot of De Kruijf in terms of playing style, and I think at the age of 20 she's even better than Robin was when she was 20, so I hope she can grow a lot and show her potential also in NT this summer.

In my opinion she is a little bit more a player like Beliën :D she is a good server and she is better in blocking than attacking. I'm very curious where she will sign for upcoming season..

But, since Lohuis is also more a Beliën-type, I guess Morisson will try Polder at Robin's position.

Of course, it is hard to find a MB attacking like Robin...there are only a few worldwide...

Intersting battle will be between Daalderop and Buijs.

• Actually I think Polder has been attacking quite well this season in Aachen, both in front of and behind the setter. Surely not even close to Robin's level yet, but again, she's a much better attacker now than Belien was with 20 :D

Lohuis is one of those players who tend to go unnoticed, she plays very unspectacular but always gets her job done fairly well.

• Judith Pietersen was just on tv as a co-commentator.
    She said she was not selected for the national team :white:
    I think they could have used her well. She can be the second oppostite or a good substitute as outside hitter.

Judith Pietersen was just on tv as a co-commentator.
    She said she was not selected for the national team :white:
    I think they could have used her well. She can be the second oppostite or a good substitute as outside hitter.

Did she said that? Or the commentor himself? And indeed, she should be the second opposite.
    Is there a chance she will play at WCH in October? I hope so..

• Did she said that? Or the commentor himself? And indeed, she should be the second opposite.
    Is there a chance she will play at WCH in October? I hope so..[/quote]

No the commentator said it, but she nodded yes when he said it.
    I also hope she will be at the WCH, but I do not think so. Otherwise she would be with the team now.

• The results in Apeldoorn and Rotterdam were certainly with ups and downs..

Likely Buijs and Daalderop are not 100% fit, so that explains for some part why Buijs played so bad this week and Daalderop stayed outside court totally.

I watched all matches on Dutch tv, and I must say I'm totally fed up with Grothues, after het comments in the post-match interviews....what an arrogant b*tch she is :hit: :hit: :hit: Now I understand why she has always troubles with the club she plays for...her character must be really bad.

In both matches (Italy and Serbia) she got blocked 100 times...and still after the match she couldn't deal with criticism by the interviewer....I

In general, I hate Grothues, Schoot and Dijkema for their totally over the top celebrating of easy points on court :hit:

• I watched all matches on Dutch tv, and I must say I'm totally fed up with Grothues, after het comments in the post-match interviews....what an arrogant b*tch she is :hit: :hit: :hit: Now I understand why she has always troubles with the club she plays for...her character must be really bad.

In both matches (Italy and Serbia) she got blocked 100 times...and still after the match she couldn't deal with criticism by the interviewer....I

:what: What did she say?

• I thougt it was funny :rolll: She is right, because the commentator doesn't understand a single thing about volleyball :down: I think they were too negative about her game. Okay she did not play her best matches, but she is verry important for the team. Whitout her their is no defence or reception.

• I thougt it was funny :rolll: She is right, because the commentator doesn't understand a single thing about volleyball :down: I think they were too negative about her game. Okay she did not play her best matches, but she is verry important for the team. Whitout her their is no defence or reception.

Totally agree with you! Commentator doesn't understand the rules about volleybal and all the time talked about players and their family,how much money they could get by playing in certain countries... Maret didnt play well, but Netherlands can't miss her...