Turkish NT 2018

• NT season gets closer and closer and I feel it's time to start this thread. Personally I'm really hopefull for next season, also I know I'm not the one that generally does this but let's give it shot. :D

Head coach: Giovanni Guidetti
    Captain: Eda Erdem/Dündar

Possible (super) wide roster:

(L): H.G. Örge (VakıfBank), S. Akoz (Eczacıbaşı), M. Yılmaz (Fenerbahçe), D. Çayırgan (HalkBank):
    (S): N.A. Akyol (VakıfBank), G. Alikaya (Galatasaray), E. Dilik (Eczacıbaşı) C. Aydınoğulları (Bursa BBSK) C. Özbay (VakıfBank)
    (OH): M. İsmailoğlu (Eczacıbaşı), T. Şenoğlu (VakıfBank), F. Yıldırım (Bursa BBSK), H. Baladın (Eczacıbaşı), S. Ercan (Beşiktaş), F. Ural (Halkbank), B. Güler (Nilüfer)
    (MB): E. Erdem Dündar (C)(Fenerbahçe), K. Çalışkan(VakıfBank), Z. Güneş (VakıfBank), D.N. Babat (Fenerbahçe), B. Arıcı (Eczacıbaşı) , B. Toksoy/Guidetti (Fenerbahçe) (also Opp? :lol: A. Kalaç (Galatasaray) J.C. Erkul (Çanakkale)
    Ö.N. Yurtdagülen (Nilüfer)
    Opp: M. Boz (Seramiksan), P. Uslupehlivan (Fenerbahçe), M. Durul (VakıfBank), E. Karakurt (Bahçelievler & VakıfBank)

As you can see this is a pretty big wide roster but I just wanted to add all possible players. Just for clarification:
    some players I picked despite their underwhelming performance because I see talent in them like Janset. (also Çanakkale has horrible reception) Also it is no secret that we seem to have a lot of MB options while I still didn't even add Y. Güveli for example despite I really like her. (Maybe next year)
    some players in the list like Fulden, Derya are unexpected I know but I believe deserve a chance to add least train with NT to see what they got. I'm really hopefull and some of my faves now are for example Tuğba Şenoğlu (!), Meliha, Melis Yılmaz and like all MBs :lol:

• Who do you think will make the cut and/or will be good starters? Also did I forget some players or you feel some really don't deserve it, also tell me? What do you guys think in general? :D
    :box:

• i liked your wide roster
    has Cansu Aydınoğulları been doing fine so far ? i havent wacthed her much this season

my 14-player list would be :

S : Naz A. Akyol,Gamze Alikaya (if Naz takes some rest then Ezgi Dilik)
    OHs : Fatma Yıldırım,Meliha İsmailoğlu ,Tuğba Şenoğlu,Birgül Güler/Şeyma Ercan
    OPP : Meryem Boz,Hande Baladın (both as OPP and OH)
    MBs : Eda E. Dündar,Kübra Akman,Dicle N. Babat,Zehra Güneş
    Ls: : i dont have certain names indeed..anyone!i dont like the big teams' liberos much..any name is tolerated..lol

• Good list!. :thumbup:
    Cansu Aydınoğulları is one of those setters that can wake an asleep team up. I love her energy a lot and she is a pretty good setter overall as well from what I had seen. I didn't see that much of her btw, I would still easily pick Naz and Gamze over her of course + Ezgi.

Agreed about the liberos btw, but I do like Melis Yilmaz. Simge I expected to be so much better in the beginning of the season but she disappointed me especially in important moments. Gizem Örge will probably step up her game when it matters (final rounds) but indeed other liberos could be used as well.

Those 4 MBs were imo the best as well. Really amazing 4 btw :obey: Beyza and Asli are to me just not enough for A team atm

• Beyza and Aslı are good as well however more than4 middles arent chosed for the NT..
    if Eda retires Beyza fill in the gap..i dont remember any other slider than her..Kübra ( she is not a real slider),Dicle,Aslı and Zehra all attack from 3....
    only Beyza and Bahar are sliders..considering Bahar's age, Beyza seems to be the slider after Eda unless a very talented slider comes up

btw..if she hadnt retired, Güldeniz would be very good for the NT amonsgt the current players
    she is needed for her defence,passing and smart-quick attacks

• Beyza and Aslı are good as well however more than4 middles arent chosed for the NT..
    if Eda retires Beyza fill in the gap..i dont remember any other slider than her..Kübra ( she is not a real slider),Dicle,Aslı and Zehra all attack from 3....
    only Beyza and Bahar are sliders..considering Bahar's age, Beyza seems to be the slider after Eda unless a very talented slider comes up

Yasemin Güveli hopefully :win: but we will have to wait a little longer before we can say anything yet ofc.

Güldeniz and Gözde both looked in form indeed. I like Tuğba and even Meliha currently but OH performance in general will be a big question mark before the tournaments start.

• Yasemin Güveli hopefully :win: but we will have to wait a little longer before we can say anything yet ofc.

Güldeniz and Gözde both looked in form indeed. I like Tuğba and even Meliha currently but OH performance in general will be a big question mark before the tournaments start.

i hope Yasemin will be a very good middle..she seems to have a good potential

Meliha or Tuğba will be offensive OH of the NT :D

i mean it wont be easy after the offensive players like Neslihan-Eda-Neriman-Gözde

what i believe is that Hande and Tuğba should be the part of the new NT anymore..

this new team seems offensively not to be as strong as the former ones so Hande Baladın's offence is needed but her passing could be a liability at times

Tuğba Şenoğlu should be connected to the NT at this young age considering that the other OHs are not that great

Meliha looked good when she was on the court,she deserves to be given a chance

Fatma is needed for her passing and defence after Gözde and Güldeniz

maybe in 2 years young OPP Ebrar could be given a chance in the NT

• Those 4 MBs were imo the best as well. Really amazing 4 btw Beyza and Asli are to me just not enough for A team atm

You were praising her as if she is Turkish Thaisa 8) Finally you realized that she doesn't have anything special :rolleyes:

MB position seems like secure for now but as we don't have any replacement for Eda, in the case of her injury, we will be in big trouble. Let's hope that she will be injury free and she can keep up this shape till 2020.

Setter position is also safe as long as Naz and Gamze are healthy. If we are discussing about 3rd or 4th names; I think Arelya is doing way better job than Cansu and she has been playing as a starter in this league since she was very young. I think Guidetti should invest either to Arelya or Aslıhan Kılıç from Halkbank instead of Cansu

For libero; I don't any better option than Gizem and Melis although neither of them are showing a great performance. Both young liberos of Beylikdüzü also deserve some chances

For Opp, we don't have much options here unfortunately: Meryem is having a better season than last year so she seems to be the best option unless Neslihan will return to NT. I hope Ebrar will make the cut to WCh instead of Polen so that she can get the international experience. Of course she should first prove herself by keeping up her game (she really needs to learn to attack with faster and lower balls)

OH position is still up to debate, somehow I feel like Guidetti will invest on Tuğba Şenoğlu and Saliha Şahin as a preparation for 2020. However both still has a lot to prove. Also Hande, Meliha and Şeyma are having a good season.

It is still too early to talk, we should how is their shape during playoffs

PS: Büşra Cansu is also having a very solid season so far, pity that the rivalry is very tough at MB position this year

• Turkeys wide roster for all tournements for this year 2018 is officially published by TVF, Turkey will participate in the FIVB Nations League, Mediterranean Games, Montreux Volley Masters, FIVB World Championship

Setters: Naz Aydemir Akyol (VakifBank), Gamze Alikaya (Galatasaray), Buse Ünal (Mersin BsB), Aslihan Kilic (Halkbank), Cansu Özbay
    (VakifBank)

Opposites: Neslihan Demir Güler (Galatasaray), Ceren Kestirengöz (Kameroglu Beylikdüzü), Meryem Boz (Seramiksan), Ebrar Karakurt
    (VakifBank), Hande Baladin (Eczacibasi VitrA)

Outside Hitters: Gözde Kirdar (VakifBank), Neriman Özsoy (Toyota Queenseis), Fulden Ural (Halkbank), Meliha Ismailoglu (Eczacibasi VitrA)
    Saliha Sahin (Karayollari), Tugba Senoglu (VakifBank), Seyma Ercan (Besiktas), Yagmur Mislina Kilic (THY), Ilkin Aydin (Galatasaray)

Middle Blockers: Eda Erdem Dündar (Fenerbahce), Kübra Akman (VakifBank), Beyza Arici (Eczacibasi VitrA), Zehra Günes (VakifBank),
    Yasemin Güveli (Karayollari), Asli Kalac (Galatasaray)

Liberos: Gizem Örge (VakifBank), Simge Aköz (Eczacibasi VitrA), Aylin Sarioglu (Bursa BBSK), Melisa Memis (Kameroglu Beylikdüzü)

http://www.tvf.org.tr/milli-ta…mizin-kadrosu-belli-oldu/

• Gozde kirdar is not going to retire? It is good news for vakifbank. :win:

• harboboy

hadnt Neslihan Demir Güler,Gözde Kırdar and Neriman Özsoy (not Gençyürek??) already retired ? 8|

btw..i dont know much about setter Buse Ünal from Mersin BB...what about her ?

i liked the wide roster..maybe libero Derya Çayırgan from Halkbank could have been there too

setters Cansu Özbay from Vakıfbank and Aslıhan Kılıç from Halkbank are on the wide roster.I hope we can see them play in some tournaments
    nice to see MBS Zehra Güneş from Vakıfbank and Yasemin Güveli from Karayolları
    I suppose OH Fulden Ural from Halkbank must be called first time to the NT
    Ebrar Karakurt OPP from Vakıfbank is on the wide roster too
    Ilkin Aydın OH from Galatsaray is an interesting young player.wheneve enters the courth she does a positive thing,her jump serve is not bad
    Yağmur Mislina Kılıç OH from THY is there too.I dont know much about her

• I like the wide roster a lot except just like Canter I really would have liked to see libero Derya Çayirgan from Halkbank. She is the best libero imo still. Also happy for Fulden, she really did deserve the call.

What amazing to see such a young roster, I will be even more excited to watch those youngsters now on play-off today :win: only thing I don't understand Neri, Nesli and Gözde who had already retired, Neriman even made beach volleyball plans and said it was time for th newcomers to play, Gözde made plans too. I personally don't think these players will be called after final cut. I guess Guidetti just added them in case this team completely fails or something.

• Canter, yes they actually did, as you can read in the following news, Guidetti will play the FIVB Nations League with the young players who played in their club this season and without Gözde, Neriman, Naz & Neslihan. They are not even in the 25 players list by FIVB. The federation wanted to put those names on the wide list.

http://worldofvolley.com/News/…st-during-the-season.html

Guddetti says without these experienced players,this year will be a practising year for this young team, so do not expect too much this year. :what:

• I list the players who were part of NT roster previously but didn't get the call this year. I only listed the players who played as starter or get the chance to play often in their clubs:

Setters: Nilay Karaağaç, Cansu Aydınoğulları, Cağla Akın, Ezgi Dilik, Arelya Karasoy
    OHs: Güldeniz Önal, Seda Aslanyürek, Fatma Yıldırım, Birgül Güler, Ezgi Dağdelenler, Damla Çakıroğlu
    Opps: Polen Uslupehlivan, Ceyda Aktaş
    MBs: Bahar Toksoy, Ergül Eroğlu, Büşra Kılıç, Dicle Nur Babat, Özgenur Yurtdagülen, Ceylan Arısan, Janset Erkul
    Liberos: Gizem Karadayı, Merve Dalbeler, Melis Yılmaz

The absence of these players are mostly fair due to their poor performances this season. However, I marked the players who deserved the call in bold.

• Arelya had a nice season and she has been playing as a starter for many years. I think she deserved the spot of Buse Ünal.

• Fatma Yıldırım did not get a phenomenal season but I still believe she could contribute more than Fulden Ural or Mislina Kılıç

• Selection for opposite position is fair. Since there is not much competition anyway in this position, it was the easiest choice probably. I am curious about seeing Hande as Opp again. Due to Boskoviç, Eczacıbaşı doesn't want her to switch position in long term. But considering only good Opp prospect we have is Ebrar and Hande hasn't made much progress as OH, maybe it is not a bad idea at the end.

• MB choices were the most controversial ones for me. Janset Erkul and Dicle Nur were 2 best blockers of the league after Rasiç. Also Büşra had a very nice season in both attacking and block. She was even starter before Beyza in most of the matches. To me, all these 3 players deserved a spot more than Beyza Arıcı and Aslı Kalaç who had just mediocre seasons. I can understand absence of Janset due to her poor attacking but both Büşra and Dicle had better attacking ratios than Beyza and Aslı on top of being way better blockers as well. :aww:

• I think Gizem Karadayı and Derya Çayırgan were the best liberos of the season after Gizem Örge. I like that Guidetti İnvited young Melisa Memiş (Indeed I would invite Simay Kurt, who played more than Melisa during the season and she is even younger). However, Simge did not show anything special this season and although Aylin played decent games she was not close to spectacular performance of Derya. Gizem has more international experience than Simge and she did show a consistent performance after she transfered to GS.

All in all, except the players in bold, I am happy with the wide roster. Everyone considers our 94 generation as golden generation but to me our 98 generation is even better and they have the potential to lead the way to 2020 Tokyo :super: It is really nice that Guidetti already included 6 players from this generation and 2 players from 2000 generation