Polish NT 2018

• Basing on the current season just some predictions:

Setter: Joanna Wolosz, Marlena Plesnierowicz, Julia Nowicka
    Opposite: Malwina Smarzek, Martyna Lukasik
    Middle: Agnieszka Kakolewska, Zuzanna Efimienko, Monika Ptak, Maja Tokarska, Klaudia Alagierska, Justyna Lukasik
    Outside hitter: Natalia Medrzyk, Emilia Mucha, Martyna Grajber, Julia Twardowska, Natalia Murek
    Libero: Maria Stenzel, Krystyna Strasz, Agata Durajczyk

• I would add few more names.

Imho, Nowicka is overrated. She has big problems with technique and there is a hype on her because she is left-handed and she likes to attack and has jump serve. I would prefer Wołodko over her, which is also left handed, higher and currently starts over Nichol in Impel.
    Dorota Wilk also deserves an invitation.

For opposites I would add Bociek, Tomsia (however I think that there is "mutual agreement" between her and Nawrocki and she is no longer considered). If I am right I would like to see Kowalińska if she is interested. We need someone experienced for Łukasik or Szczurowska to learn from.

In middle block, I would add Śmieszek and in a long run Aleksandra Gryka from SMS. We will probably see Ganszczyk too, even though she is not playing too much, but Nawrocki knows what she can do. Maybe this year Ewa Kwiatkowska will be available too.

OH: I would add Wójcik, Damaske, Bączyńska, Łyszkiewicz. Nawrocki will also call his favourites as Gałucha...

For liberos maybe Łysiak, but for me Stenzel should be our starter. The best libero in terms of reception. For the defense we can try someone else. I do not want to see Witkowska as starter any more. She is very messy.

There is a lot of names, but all should be in NT this year. Not all the time, but instead of one month break (which is planned after VNL) all players like Damaske, Bączyńska, Wołodko and so on should practice.

• I hope Ewa Kwiatkowska will be called. She is my favourite player in the league. :super:

Tomsia's club is already relegated from serie A so maybe after long vacation she will be ready for NT. Today she scored 26 points... :whistle:

• Tomsia's club is already relegated from serie A so maybe after long vacation she will be ready for NT. Today she scored 26 points... :whistle:

Unfortunately that performance was an exception, I think throughout the season she showed a very poor performance. Poland should rather give chances to younger players to gain experience than relying on Tomsia :S

• Calling Kwiatkowska may not be that stupid, maybe she could be sth like Lena Dziekiewicz, who had her debut in NT around 35yo(?) and became the best blocker of wgp right away ;d no but seriously, Kwiatkowska playing slides with Wolosz hmmm... that could be a scoring machine, and another middle Kakolewska also can score A LOT...
    I don't know, we don't play WC this year, we can take it slow...
    As it comes to the NT's lineup, the way I see it, we need to take our most talented players (currently) on each position (S - Wolosz, Op - Smarzek, MB - Kakolewska, L - Stenzel, OH - Mędrzyk) and add some players :D
    second MB probably Efimienko, who finaly is playing a nice season, she deserves the spot like never before :DD but I like the idea of Kwaitkowska
    and OH the biggest mystery as always :D I think the other 4 should be Grajber Twardowska Murek Damaske, but no idea who would be the best to play next to Mędrzyk from these 4

• Unfortunately that performance was an exception, I think throughout the season she showed a very poor performance. Poland should rather give chances to younger players to gain experience than relying on Tomsia :S

She was by far the worse Opp of Serie A this season (competing with Malagurski), season average of 30.9% attack ratio is very low for an Opp. :white:

Instead of forcing Smarzek as OH, keeping her as Opp seems like best option for Poland

• Calling Kwiatkowska may not be that stupid, maybe she could be sth like Lena Dziekiewicz, who had her debut in NT around 35yo(?) and became the best blocker of wgp right away ;d no but seriously, Kwiatkowska playing slides with Wolosz hmmm... that could be a scoring machine, and another middle Kakolewska also can score A LOT...
    I don't know, we don't play WC this year, we can take it slow...
    As it comes to the NT's lineup, the way I see it, we need to take our most talented players (currently) on each position (S - Wolosz, Op - Smarzek, MB - Kakolewska, L - Stenzel, OH - Mędrzyk) and add some players :D
    second MB probably Efimienko, who finaly is playing a nice season, she deserves the spot like never before :DD but I like the idea of Kwaitkowska
    and OH the biggest mystery as always :D I think the other 4 should be Grajber Twardowska Murek Damaske, but no idea who would be the best to play next to Mędrzyk from these 4

Dziekiewicz was 29 in 2007 :D but seriously, I dont know if its the best idea to call a 32 year old 181 cm MB...dont get me wrong, I like her a lot, but there are other young players who deserves to play - Alagierska, Swirad..and if we want young slider, just call Chojnacka, she is a beast this season

• I remember 2004 when Karpol called Olga Nikolaeva for Athens Olympic Games. She was 32 and it was her first season in national team. It's never too late!! So I wait for Ewa Kwiatkowska in national team. :box:

• The problem is we have like 6 or 7 MBs who could play, so to choose just 4 I think reasonable choice is Kakolewska, Efimienko, Ptak and some young face :)

If I were the coach I think I could call Ewa, but the problem is I wouldn't choose her anyway to TOP 4. I'd rather have Lukasik, Chojnacka or Alagierska.

• Alagierska defenitely deserved a call.. look at her stats (best blocker with Efimienko , 1 block/set) she is fast and tall (1.90). I want to see her in starting six in some matches

• Once again we have difficulties to choose who can be NT-memeber as throughout last years so many players appeared here...

Some players for consideration:
    S: Wołosz, Pleśnierowicz, Nowicka, Wołodko/Wilk
    OP: Smarzek* (preferred), Bociek, M. Łukasik, Jasek, Szczurowska/Kowalińska/Konieczna
    OH: Mędrzyk, Mucha, Grajber, Twardowska, Murek, Wójcik, Gałucha, Różański/Krzywicka/Łyszkiewicz/Bączyńska
    MB: Kąkolewska, Efimienko, Alagierska, J. Łukasik, Ptak, Tokarska, Ganszczyk, Kwiatkowska/Chojnacka
    L: Stenzel, Krzos, Witkowska/Łysiak/Drabek

For Setters - two first are obvious, Nowicka is surprising us, don't know if she's overrated or not, as the last one I'd pick either Wilk who unfortunately got some time wasted on benches or promising Wołodko who does decent job in Wrocław.

As OPs - I still prefer Smarzek as right-side player, she should stay here, Zaroślińska didn't want to play in NT and she's injured, Tomsia was awful in Italy and don't know if she can help, Bociek and Łukask should be there, as the last it's hard to choose - Nawrocki wanted to call Jasek (though as MB), Szczurowska can learn from others, it would be good to have someone experienced, BUT I tihnk that Kowalińska seems to be not interested... I'd like to see Konieczna as she was always decent OP in league, but she has a child and outside Poland she wasn't such good player, eventually both Jasek and Szczurowska can be there

As OHs - if Smarzek isn't used as OP, then as OH (OP slot would be used for one more player), for sure we should have Twardowska and Mędrzyk, Graber will be there but she doesn't exists as spiker... Murek should learn from others and get some playing time, I would like to see Krzywicka who has another decent season, I'm almost sure that Gałucha wll appear though she's nothing special :S to add soemone we can use either Łyszkiewicz which has not bad season in KSZO, Bączyńska who's not bad or young Różański

MBs are stil the same choice - Kąkolewska for sure, Efimienko tough clumsy, will be there, Alagierska and Łukasik are ok, Ptak as well, don't know if Tokarska wants to be there, I won't be surprised seeing Ganszczyk and at the end I'd add either Chojnacka who's decent or experienced Kwiatkowska who can surprise as Dziękiewicz in the past

As Libero it's hard choice - Stenzel is great, Witkowska is quite shaky and don't know if she finds place, Krzos will probably find place, while it could be good to try younger player such as Łysiak or Drabek

In italics are player who would be a option, but probably won't be called. At start we'll proably have around 25 players, from which around 18 can be chosed to main group.

edit: I forgot about Grejman and Wójcik - for sure I would include Ola in roster as well, but Grejman is a mystery playing on 2nd turkish level :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• S: Wolosz, Nowicka
    OP: Smarzek, Baczynska
    OH: Medrzyk, Grajber, Twardowska, Mucha/Grejman
    MB: Kakolewska, Efimienko, Kwiatkowska, Ptak/Chojnacka
    L: Stenzel, Krzos

I regret Skorupa doesn't want to play and Zaroslinska's injury :down:
    Hope no calls for Tomsia, Witkowska and Galucha :obey:

• I would give Ola Wójcik a chance

• thanks for remiding about Wójcik and Grejman guys :D

btw. Anyone knows how did Grejman in Turkey ?( Her team got second place in Turkish second level Finals.

• Grejman team was promoted to the highest league in Turkey. And what about Ania will probably depend on Kurek

• My types:

S: Wolodko, Pleśnierowicz, Nowicka, Grabka
    OP: Smarzek, Szczurowska, Bociek, Bączyńska
    OH: Mędrzyk, Mucha, Murek, Górecka, Wójcik, Grejman, Twardowska
    MB: Kąkolewska, Efimienko, Chojnacka, Alagierska, Ptak, Łukasik
    L: Krzos, Stenzel, Łysiak, Strasz

• I guess Nawrocki will call:
    S: Wołosz, Pleśnierowicz (?), Tobiasz, Wołodko,
    Opp: Jasek (maybe MB), Bociek, Gałucha,
    OH: Smarzek, Brzezińska, Paszek, Murek, Mędrzyk, Twardowska, Grajber, Bałuk, P. Polak
    MB: Kąkolewska, Efimienko, Alagierska, J. Łukasik, Ganszczyk (?), Kwiatkowska (?)
    L: Krzos, Witkowska, Stenzel

I think it's a little bit funny everyone sees Bączyńska in NT. She probably cares more about the weekend's parties than NT/club :)
    I don't think there's a big chance Szczurowska will join the team. Nawrocki will probably add more players from SMS Szczyrk.

• didn't know that Bączyńska is that kind of player :lol: then I wouldn't recommend her :P your prediction can be quite accurate Phil

• Polish National Team 2018

S: Alicja Grabka (Legionovia ), Julia Nowicka (BKS Bielsko-Biała), Marlena Pleśnierowicz (BKS Bielsko-Biała), Weronika Wołodko (Impel Wrocław)

Opp: Monika Bociek (Muszynianka), Martyna Łukasik (Trefl Proxima), Marta Matejko (Truso Elbląg), Malwina Smarzek (Chemik Police), Małgorzata Jasek (Legionovia)

OH: Oliwia Bałuk (SMS Police/SMS Szczyrk), Magdalena Damaske (Legionovia), Zuzanna Górecka (Legionovia/SMS Szczyrk), Martyna Grajber (Budowlani Łódź), Natalia Mędrzyk (Chemik Police), Emilia Mucha (BKS Bielsko-Biała), Natalia Murek (Impel Wrocław), Olivia Różański (BKS Bielsko-Biała), Julia Twardowska (Budowlani Łódź)

MB: Klaudia Alagierska (Legionovia), Zuzanna Efimienko-Młotkowska (ŁKS Commercecon), Aleksandra Gryka (Legionovia/SMS Szczyrk), Agnieszka Kąkolewska (Budowlani Łódź), Justyna Łukasik (Trefl Proxima), Gabriela Polańska (Budowlani Łódź)

L: Justyna Łysiak (PTPS Piła), Maria Stenzel (Impel Wrocław), Agata Witkowska (Budowlani Łódź)

No Joanna Wołosz. :white: :white: :white: :white: :white: :white: :white:

• well, absence of Wołosz sounds weird, I heard that she probably asked to have gap year this time, but everything is possible :whistle: