Polish NT 2018

• Agnieszka Kąkolewska is the new captain of Polish NT.

• It's funny when you think about it: both Skorupa and Wolosz - two great players, Wolosz playing probably the season of her life (so far :) )... are, as we speak, running the game for two best clubs in the finals of italian league :D but of course none of them will play for NT, grrrr... this is just so typical for Polish women NT during this decade...

I'm sure Asia has some good reason, but it's a biiiiig disappointment especially given her fantastic season :( Wolosz, Smarzek, Medrzyk, Kakolewska, Efimienko, Stenzel, + OH(?) sounded really competitive, all the players had a good/very good season

• Polish 21 players for VNL:
    S: Julia Nowicka, , Marlena Plesnierowicz, Alicja Grabka, Weronika Wołodko
    MB: Gabriela Polańska, Klaudia Alagierska, Agnieszka Kąkolewska, Justyna Łukasik, Zuzanna Efimienko
    OP: Monika Bociek, Martyna Łukasik, Malwina Smarzek,
    OH: Emilia Mucha, Olivia Różański, Martyna Grajber, Natalia Mędrzyk, Oliwia Bałuk, Natalia Murek, Julia Twardowska
    L: Maria Stenzel, Agata Witkowska,

Górecka, Gryka, Jasek, Łysiak and Damaske are out.

• Once again our clown is cutting off wrong players...Damaske was much better than Mucha, Różański and Bałuk, like wtf?! :gone:
    Mucha is extremely overrated and inconsistent, Różanki did not play almost whole season and Bałuk is too young and inexperienced. Thanks to Damaske Legionovia stays in the league :mad:

• Thanks to Damaske Legionovia stays in the league

RIght :) People says she didn't play a lot this season... and according to stats she scored more points in the league that Twardowska who played 'really good season' according to journalists :D And of course her % in spiking is better :)

• Damaske didn't even appear in Szczyrk, so this is not a surprise. She was only there on the list... I do not know the reasons. Maybe she is still punished because once upon a time she finally decided that she will not play in Łódź :D

• Once again our clown is cutting off wrong players...Damaske was much better than Mucha, Różański and Bałuk, like wtf?! :gone:
    Mucha is extremely overrated and inconsistent, Różanki did not play almost whole season and Bałuk is too young and inexperienced. Thanks to Damaske Legionovia stays in the league :mad:

Sorry but Mucha played in NT two years ago in WGP finals and was leading player. Then she saved Bielsko alone in the league making 20-30 points each match. Ok she got injured and maybe this season was not amazing, but still whole Bielsko team played rather poorly and they had financial issues. While Damaske for me is rather inconsistent and has much worse reception. And on the top of that, Damaske is playing good against Kalisz or Bydgoszcz. She is useless in matches with better clubs while we all judge Twardowska by her performance in key matches and not against weakest teams.
    So i understand this decision.

• I feel like it is going to be another wasted season for polish women NT. Not including Asia this season is so stupid.

Wołosz/Smarzek
    Mędrzyk/Grajber
    Kąkolewska/Efimienko
    Witkowska

That is how I see it.

• Last year we won second division without Mędrzyk who is our best player.. Maybe Im too optimistic but a lot of teams will test new players and we have a lot of chances. And finally volley world will have an opportunity to see Stenzel's talent.

• Damaske didn't even appear in Szczyrk, so this is not a surprise. She was only there on the list... I do not know the reasons. Maybe she is still punished because once upon a time she finally decided that she will not play in Łódź :D

Sorry but Mucha played in NT two years ago in WGP finals and was leading player. Then she saved Bielsko alone in the league making 20-30 points each match. Ok she got injured and maybe this season was not amazing, but still whole Bielsko team played rather poorly and they had financial issues. While Damaske for me is rather inconsistent and has much worse reception. And on the top of that, Damaske is playing good against Kalisz or Bydgoszcz. She is useless in matches with better clubs while we all judge Twardowska by her performance in key matches and not against weakest teams.
    So i understand this decision.

Damaske was playing in one of the worst teams in the league, with one the worst setter and teammates. After Olenderek took over the team she was leading her team in almost every match. She's the only reason why they stayed in the league. She had many ups and downs, but that doesn't change the fact that's she should have been given a chance. Almost half of the players from the league had a chance to play in NT, why Damaske hadn't? :win:

• Ok, I agree that she could be in the team instead of Baluk or Rozanski, but remember that only 14 players will play and not 21 so she would not make it anyway.

Anyway I think winning against Belgium, Argentina, Korea, Germany, Dominican Rep and Turkey should be plan. Considering many teams will rest the players before WCH I hope we could do a little more.

• Im so sorry for Damaske. I wonder what is the reason that she is not in main group :down:
    I follow her stats in whole season and for me she is way better than half OHs from main group.

• Im so sorry for Damaske. I wonder what is the reason that she is not in main group :down:
    I follow her stats in whole season and for me she is way better than half OHs from main group.

For sure she had a better season than for ex. Mucha, maybe she isn't perfect in reception but she is good in attacking, taller than Murek ( 180cm ) or Bałuk ( 176cm ).

• we have seen some promising stuff so far in VNL :D i guess not a lot of people would expect victories over China or Italy, and a very good, strong game against USA

Smarzek is on fire... of course it's almost impossible for her to keep like this until the end of VNL,but who knows maybe this will be her moment and she drives us to some more surprises? :D would be kind of cool for her and the NT

Kąkolewska&Smarzek is like new Dziekiewicz&Skowronska :D but really, Aga is also a real monster right now... it's obvious that she's definitely a MB who scores a lot of points which is definitely good, but her defence etc are also really nice- for MB that tall

I am surprised that we almost don't play pipe with Mędrzyk

• what are OPP Joanna Kaczor and MB Bednarek doing now ? are they retired ?

Joanna Kaczor retired after season 16/17 (after another year on Impel's bench...) and Agnieszka Bednarek was injured last season so she played only few games in the league.

• Joanna Kaczor retired after season 16/17 (after another year on Impel's bench...) and Agnieszka Bednarek was injured last season so she played only few games in the league.

thanks..i wish her a good recovery

sometimes unless you come across a video,you cant remember some players ,its sad!

• Natalia Mędrzyk, Gabriela Polańska and Agata Witkowska are out of national team for the rest of the summer. Zuzanna Efimienko will have knee surgery.
    Poland will play friendly games against Russia, Slovakia, Czech Republic.