You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Favourite Players: André Heller, Dante, Serginho, Giba, Murilo, Lucarelli, Kaziyski, Sokolov, N'Gapeth, Urnaut; Fê Garay, Fabi, Logan Tom, Kim Yeon-Koung, Kosheleva

Saturday, April 21st 2018, 10:45pm

That's a total shame. Loved to see Nagaoka playing on court. I guess its hard for players with short height when they injure their cruciate ligament.

I guess I'm sort of glad to see that Araki's off the list. It's time that younger players get a chance to play in her position.
I read here somewhere earlier that Nagaoka's injury was to her ankle. Do you have other information? I had assumed it was an injury to her knee because of how long she's been out (along with the notion--I'm not a doctor--that knee injuries are worse than ankle injuries).
That's what's weird to me. Knee injuries in general indeed take much longer to recover (ACL rupture for example takes 6 months mininum compared to 2-3 weeks for ankle twists), so I assumed that was Nagaoka's injury as well. But it's been waaay too long already, she's gotta have a chronic injury at this point...
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Saturday, April 21st 2018, 11:33pm

Knee injuries can be tricky especially for players like Nagaoka. She gets a lot of balls which increases the risk of triggering other injuries or another knee injury whether it is left or right. She's also not that tall and she doesn't receive which can delay her return to the court and her footing as a player. If she's able to play as a receiver, she didn't need to jump a lot so her return to the court would have been easier.
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Sunday, April 22nd 2018, 12:49am

There was this report (lol) at World of Volley Web site: "After the attack in the second set when the result was tight (24-23 for NEC), she twisted her ankle and fell. We hope that injury is not serious."

I've watched that video (from Miyashita's Instagram?) many times trying to see what happened ... and can't. I guess I'm conditioned to looking for someone landing on another player's foot, and twisting their ankle.

In the interest of pure research I just read the Wiki page on ACL injuries :teach: It appears that athletes can tear that little bad boy by landing wrong, with no need for contact from an opposing force. Women are more vulnerable than men, and of course there is the Q-angle factor. I think Japanese have bad Q-angle factor.

Watching the Video after digesting a Wikipedia article, I think I can see her left knee buckle on impact. Check it out.

As a bonus, while perusing Miyashita's Instagram feed I saw this hilarious photo:

I had to share :rolll:

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Favourite Players: André Heller, Dante, Serginho, Giba, Murilo, Lucarelli, Kaziyski, Sokolov, N'Gapeth, Urnaut; Fê Garay, Fabi, Logan Tom, Kim Yeon-Koung, Kosheleva

Sunday, April 22nd 2018, 12:56am

In the interest of pure research I just read the Wiki page on ACL injuries :teach: It appears that athletes can tear that little bad boy by landing wrong, with no need for contact from an opposing force. Women are more vulnerable than men, and of course there is the Q-angle factor. I think Japanese have bad Q-angle factor.
Seems like you did your research well! :D Indeed women are more vulnerable as they tend to have something called knee valgus, which is an increased Q-angle, more often than men, which is why we see ACL injuries happen in bigger numbers in female athletes.

Any ankle injuries wouldn't take this much time to heal, unless it's something like chronic edema or deterioration of the joint, I don't know. I wish Japanese doctors would release any info on what she has.
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

Yesterday, 12:14am

FIVB Team roster for the VNL cut down to 26 from the original 29 eliminates:

ARATANI, Shiori (OH, NEC)
NAKAGAWA, Yumi (Libero, Toray) :(
NAKAGAWA, Miyu (OH, ???)

People gotta be cut, nothing to do about it. Shed a tear and move on.

Yesterday, 3:36am

I'm starting a rumor that Arisa Sato is going to retire. It's the only explanation.

I also predict that Arisa Inoue is going to be one of the stars of the VNL along with Sarina Koga who is going to finally wake up and smell the coffee.

You heard it here first.

Social bookmarks