You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, May 27th 2018, 11:05pm

Sarina Koga disappears into the night like a real Koga ninja

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was curious to see what improvements Uchiseto would show us after spending a season in Italy (2nd division)...and she actually showed a decent season.

but so far I don`t like what I see.

vs USA - 6/12
vs Belgium - 6/20
vs Ned - 1/15

I was not able to watch any of these 3 games, I hope she at least received well.

theloneracer

Intermediate

Monday, May 28th 2018, 11:09am

Here is the Hinotori roster for the 3rd week (original post)
  • S: 10. Koyomi Tominaga, 22. Kanami Tashiro
  • OH/OPP: 2. Sarina Koga, 4. Risa Shinnabe, 7. Yuki Ishii, 8. Mami Uchiseto, 20. Arisa Inoue, 21 Ai Kurogo
  • MB: 3. Nana Iwasaka (C), 9. Haruyo Shimamura, 13. Mai Okumura, 24. Aika Akutagawa
  • Li: 15. Kotoe INOUE, 23. Akane Yamagishi, 27. Mana Toe

Source: 1

From the 2nd week roster 19. Mari Horikawa [OPP] is out and sitenoise's gf 24. Aika Akutagawa [MB] come back in.

@theloneracer
Nabeya is injured.
Thanks, I guess it's not a serious injury if she is on the roster but can anyone tell me what injury she suffered?
Also, with Miyu Nagaoka, maybe it is just a case of her lacking match fitness.

Monday, May 28th 2018, 2:53pm

sitenoise's gf 24. Aika Akutagawa [MB] come back in.

I was better to hit the haste than hit the high open toss. It was said to the teacher I "put haste only". I had been practicing haste only ... basically a middle blocker from that time.

Monday, June 4th 2018, 8:32am

Koga is OUT--Nabeya IN ... Arisa Inoue is OUT--Saori Takahashi IN

Oh how the mighty have fallen. Sarina Sarina ;(

I can't find a copy/paste-able list. It's the same as last week with those two switcheroos.

Monday, June 4th 2018, 8:56am

Japanese roster for week 4 in Thailand

I copied @theloneracer's previous post and made changes

• S: 10. Koyomi Tominaga, 22. Kanami Tashiro
  • OH/OPP: 4. Risa Shinnabe, 7. Yuki Ishii, 8. Mami Uchiseto, 11. Yuri Nabeya, 18 Saori Takahashi, 21 Ai Kurogo
  • MB: 3. Nana Iwasaka (C), 9. Haruyo Shimamura, 13. Mai Okumura, 24. Aika Akutagawa
  • Li: 15. Kotoe INOUE, 27. Mana Toe

Source

My gf Aika Akutagawa is still in :thumbup:

came

Beginner

Thursday, June 7th 2018, 3:01am

Miyashita will not play this year.
http://vbm.link/19856/

jetmasters

shoryuken

Favourite Players: reliable, little apple, baby, cosmo, little ant, moon goddess, little sunflower, fragrant, big sister, shopkeeper, military guard, big flower bud, basket, tina, rachel, big liu, west lake min

Thursday, June 7th 2018, 3:05am

Care to translate the reason? Thanks. My favorites from Japan are getting dumped one by one.

Thursday, June 7th 2018, 3:56am

Care to translate the reason? Thanks. My favorites from Japan are getting dumped one by one.

I tried to work through it with Google. There was a question if it had to do with injury and Nakada said she's monitoring it and then went on:

"I certainly believe that Miyashita Dig, Tsunagi and Saab are the best in Japan. However, in utilizing the Spyker team, I would like to use Tashiro once more than Miyashita ...."

Ouch!

She goes on to discuss Nagaoka's injury and says she suffered the same as Nagaoka and says Nagaoka appears to be physically recovered but has yet to begin climbing the mountain of what can be a career ending psychological mountain.

Ouch!

Then there is some "To B Team or not to B Team" talk about VNL and the Asian games, much love for Kurogo, and a little for Arisa Inoue "She can jump really high without a runup" or something like that

I'm depressed.

My favorites from Japan are getting dumped one by one.

Thursday, June 7th 2018, 5:12am

Oh, there was a humorous bit about Kurogo saying something like: "In Japan I only go up against one blocker usually. Here, there's two and sometimes three. And they are taller!" Nakada says she told her to work on angles and hitting off the block when that happens.

jetmasters

shoryuken

Favourite Players: reliable, little apple, baby, cosmo, little ant, moon goddess, little sunflower, fragrant, big sister, shopkeeper, military guard, big flower bud, basket, tina, rachel, big liu, west lake min

Thursday, June 7th 2018, 5:29am

Is that blocking machine helping the players?

Thursday, June 7th 2018, 5:45am

Is that blocking machine helping the players?

I’m gonna go with ... no

Kakeru

Beginner

Favourite Team: Japan(Men &Women) Team, Russia (Men &Women) Team, Italy Women’s NT

Favourite Players: Saori kimura, Yoshie Takeshita, Yuko Sano, Sarina Koga, Nataliya Goncharova, Tatiana Kosheleva, Tomkom Nootsara, Tatsuya Fukuzawa, Kunihiro Shimizu, Maxim Mikhaylov, Dimitry Musersky,

Sunday, June 10th 2018, 1:11pm

@Ryu Takamiya...do you know if koga is playing this last leg of VNL in poland? Just wondered as she hasnt been playing lately these past weeks. Hopefully shes not injured or something :S

Ryu Takamiya

Intermediate

• "Ryu Takamiya" is male

Favourite Team: Men:Russia/Serbia/France Women:Japan/Russia/Serbia

Favourite Players: M.Nagaoka Y.Ishii Goncharova Gamova Shashkova Fetisova Walewska Del Core Rasic Ognjenovic Castillo Malova

Sunday, June 10th 2018, 1:35pm

@Ryu Takamiya...do you know if koga is playing this last leg of VNL in poland? Just wondered as she hasnt been playing lately these past weeks. Hopefully shes not injured or something :S

The roster for last leg will be announced tomorrow.

She played last game of 3rd leg, so I don't think she's injured...
I hope she will be the roster and play as starting 6.

Kakeru

Beginner

Favourite Team: Japan(Men &Women) Team, Russia (Men &Women) Team, Italy Women’s NT

Favourite Players: Saori kimura, Yoshie Takeshita, Yuko Sano, Sarina Koga, Nataliya Goncharova, Tatiana Kosheleva, Tomkom Nootsara, Tatsuya Fukuzawa, Kunihiro Shimizu, Maxim Mikhaylov, Dimitry Musersky,

Sunday, June 10th 2018, 1:46pm

The roster for last leg will be announced tomorrow.

She played last game of 3rd leg, so I don't think she's injured...
I hope she will be the roster and play as starting 6.
Thank you ^^ . Looking forward to watch them play again. Hopefully they will win their remaining matches.

Sunday, June 10th 2018, 2:35pm

I really need the Koga-Ishii-Shinnabe trio to play again. With Shinnabe and Ishii on the back court, Koga can focus on killing the ball.

Monday, June 11th 2018, 9:34am

Koga's back. Saori Takahashi is out. The rest of the song remains the same.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "sitenoise" (Jun 11th 2018, 9:48am)

Tuesday, June 12th 2018, 5:26am

Kudos and caution concerning Kurogo

Like a twelve year boy whose voice cracks for the first time, Kurogo is on the path to adulthood. Her transformation in this tournament has been remarkable. I watched her all throughout the V.League season. She played well in the first leg and then tanked. Never returned. But even at the beginning when she was playing well she never had that confident, comfortable look on her face she has now. The "We got this" look.
  • She's currently 14th on the VNL list of Best Spikers, at 40%. She went 16/61 in her first match, which is bad but it means she's been doing pretty well since then, numbers-wise.
  • I watched her practice the Saori Serve all season long. One game she had seven service errors. She's in the zone with it now. It's an effective serve. Five aces against Korea. Knocked KYK out of the game.
  • In the V.League season she handled 664 service receptions. That's a lot. (cf. Yuki had 525) She's only dabbled in reception this VNL. If she grows that game ...
At a media thing in Poland Coach Nakada singled her out: Ai Kurogo is one of the highlights of the tournament for us. She is one of our younger players and she improved and grew very much during this competition."
  • She's not very athletic, barely gets off the ground in a back court attack. It hinders her defense. Blocking attempts are timid. If she's going to be the New Saori, she needs to start receiving (not necessarily at VNL), and improve her defense. A lot. Nakada likes receivers but doesn't demand much from defense. Could be a bad path.
  • I hope she doesn't turn out to be a fragile character like Sarina Koga: "If you love me and put me on your shoulders I will try and carry you". That's warped. It's gotta be: "At crunch time give me the ball. I'll get us there" -- Like Ebata, Saori

Kakeru

Beginner

Friday, June 15th 2018, 5:09pm

@Ryu Takamiya, do you know the line up Japanese NT for the World Championships? I saw on some post online that Araki is back and also Miyu Nagaoka? :obey: :super: :thumbsup:

Friday, June 15th 2018, 5:33pm

@Ryu Takamiya, do you know the line up Japanese NT for the World Championships? I saw on some post online that Araki is back and also Miyu Nagaoka? :obey: :super: :thumbsup:

Both Araki and Nagaoka are on the long list of Japanese NT, but the roster for the WCh has not been decided yet.

In a recent interview, Coach Nakada talked about the psychological mountain Nagaoka still has to climb to get back to game shape, and that she is still waiting to see who will play in the Asian Games which comes before the WCh.

Kakeru

Beginner

Friday, June 15th 2018, 5:49pm

Both Araki and Nagaoka are on the long list of Japanese NT, but the roster for the WCh has not been decided yet.

In a recent interview, Coach Nakada talked about the psychological mountain Nagaoka still has to climb to get back to game shape, and that she is still waiting to see who will play in the Asian Games which comes before the WCh.
I saw on Japan Volleyball facebook(Vietnamese fanpage i think!) about the roster for WC. Araki and nagaoka are included for the 14 players. Miya sato too over Kanami Tashiro

Social bookmarks