2018 / 2019 Transfer Rumors & Discussion

• oh pls!..Hande should go to another club and play anymore!

What's what I meant by letting her grow as a starter. I just think that loaning her to Bursa or Nilufer this season would be a better choice for both Hande and the club. She would be in better condition for the 18-19 season.

• She has an amazing reach and approach much better then Tandara imo while she is also very tall, she is very quick and athletic as well. I agree that she is overall a better player and the second best Opposite in the world right now, only Boskovic is better.

Uhhmm except not really. If we were to rank the worlds top opposites, I say she is a third or a tie with Tandara. Sloetjes may have a "better" approach (but that is subjective even) but Goncharova is a better blocker, utilizes tips and not all power spikes, can hit down the line, and can even help with the reception. Obviously only Boskovic is better :wavy:

But anyway I agree with your point Tandara will be a much better fit in GS with Neslihan leaving. If Zhu renews her contract, I think it's wise if they keep Sloetsjes for another year.

• I'm sorry Goncharova is one of the most overrated players and this all bcs she is considered pretty , unless its a sky high perfectly set ball she is pretty ineffective. Goncharova is between 4th and 6th imho esp. now. She'd wish she could spike a ball as well out of system as Sloëtjes (or Tandara). And again I'm not saying she is bad however she has a system and is def. not a player thats comfortable going outside that which is fine but is not enough to make her 2nd best in the world.

• I'm sorry Goncharova is one of the most overrated players and this all bcs she is considered pretty , unless its a sky high perfectly set ball she is pretty ineffective. Goncharova is between 4th and 6th imho esp. now. She'd wish she could spike a ball as well out of system as Sloëtjes (or Tandara). And again I'm not saying she is bad however she has a system and is def. not a player thats comfortable going outside that which is fine but is not enough to make her 2nd best in the world.

I agree. She never proved anything. She can barely win something in her weak and domestic league...

A sky high ball is an out of system set. Do you really think the blockers wouldn't know when the ball is going to Goncharova or not?

This is a silly discussion over Goncharova when she is the only viable attacking option for Dinamo Moscow or even Russia when Kosheleva was injured and had problems with Meldonium in her body from 2016.

Sloetjes has Zhu Ting in Vakifbank. You would think she played better with that massive crosshair on Zhu Ting's back.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I don't understand why ppl in this forum dislike Sloëtjes so much. Imo Vakif should sign her again as sending her off would be one of the biggest presents they could give to an opposite team. Sloëtjes plays great when it matters most, f.e. she had some amazing spikes yesterday vs EczV. She has an amazing reach and approach much better then Tandara imo while she is also very tall, she is very quick and athletic as well. I agree that she is overall a better player and the second best Opposite in the world right now, only Boskovic is better.
    Don't get me wrong Tandara is a great player and option for all the other teams, but I don's see her as an upgrade for VB necessarily. Also she is untested in the long/exhausting European leagues/cups and a few years older then Sloëtjes which doesn't make her te best long time option either.

Sloëtjes is a really good player, it is just not easy to always shine in a team with Zhu Ting. I think GS could do well with Tandara and they need her after Neslihan much more then VB.

I’m sorry, but saying Sloetjes plays great when it matters the most is one of the biggest jokes I’ve ever seen. For me, she is one of the biggest chokers. Just to say a few important matches she wasn’t good: Champions League final against Pomi, 2015 European Championship Final against Russia, 2016 Olympic Qualification Final against Russia, Grand Prix 2016 final phase against Brazil, Turkish Cup 2018 semifinal against Fenerbahce, and many more decisive moments where she choked. For me, this comparison between her and Tandara is just insane. Nowadays, for me, she is not in top 5 of best opposites in the world (behind Boskovic, Goncharova, Tandara, Egonu, Haak, and maybe even Neslihan at 34).

It's funny I never mentioned anything about her beauty until you pointed it out. And both you and I know she's kind of underrated around here in these forums. She has been one of the top opposites in the world since 2015 whether you like it or not this idea is shared by Guidetti, Terzic etc so it's not like she's a pushover.

Sorry to derail this thread but saying Sloetjes is objectively better than Tandara is simply not true especially if we look at the performance this season (or even last season). Lonneke is a good player, but you make her appear better than what she actually is ,even if currently there are 2-3 better opposites than her :whistle:

• Do not argue pals, just let zhuting and boscovic in the same team. all problems are solved!!! :win:

From this year, zhuting and boscovic's time has officially arrived! With the back of the huge budget of vakifbank and ecz vitra. I do not see any other clubs have chances!! :lol:

I believe ecz vitra will have the strongest roster on paper again next season. I hope next year boscovic can get champion league gold medal! After this year, Zhuting(MVP collector) will already get too many MVPS. It is boscovic turn! :cheesy:

• I’m sorry, but saying Sloetjes plays great when it matters the most is one of the biggest jokes I’ve ever seen. For me, she is one of the biggest chokers. Just to say a few important matches she wasn’t good: Champions League final against Pomi, 2015 European Championship Final against Russia, 2016 Olympic Qualification Final against Russia, Grand Prix 2016 final phase against Brazil, Turkish Cup 2018 semifinal against Fenerbahce, and many more decisive moments where she choked. For me, this comparison between her and Tandara is just insane. Nowadays, for me, she is not in top 5 of best opposites in the world (behind Boskovic, Goncharova, Tandara, Egonu, Haak, and maybe even Neslihan at 34).

It's funny how some people will overreact to prove their point.
    Yess it goes without saying that Tandara has overall performed better than Sloetjes.
    This discussion is so unnecessary.

• Both Lonneke and Tandara are high level players...both are good opposites..we dont have to underrate someone else just to praise the one we like
    i think "normal" or "good" " or "not World-class enough" players are not appreciated enough in this forum..all the credits goest to "World-class" players

• I agree. She never proved anything. She can barely win something in her weak and domestic league...

Why are you being so provocative all the time? :what: How come do you call Russian league weak while it is still one of the best leagues in Europe :white:

About the Goncharova discussion, she is one of the top class Opp and I don't think she is underrated or overrated. She gets the credit she deserves and not wanting to play abroad is a personal choice that has nothing to criticize. However, I do think that Sloetjes is known to be the greatest choker Opps of ]history (maybe after Rhykliuk) she almost never performs well when it really matters

• Why are you being so provocative all the time? :what: How come do you call Russian league weak while it is still one of the best leagues in Europe :white:

About the Goncharova discussion, she is one of the top class Opp and I don't think she is underrated or overrated. She gets the credit she deserves and not wanting to play abroad is a personal choice that has nothing to criticize. However, I do think that Sloetjes is known to be the greatest choker Opps of ]history (maybe after Rhykliuk) she almost never performs well when it really matters

Just watch 2 random teams play each others and then tell me. :thumbsup:

It looks like Italy: men's league is marvelous, women's league is a mess.

• Which league is not a mess for you?

• LOOOOL. 4 team and that is all what you have to see. Pure mess.