2018 / 2019 Transfer Rumors & Discussion

• I add the rumor about Tandara.
    Fang Yan, the head coach of Guangdong Evergrande and the former one of RC Cannes, has said, "Guangdong didn't invite the foreign OP in order to give more time to focus on Chen Pei-yan. We need an foreign OH who is good at reception."
    The question: Is Tandara good at reception?

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I add the rumor about Tandara.
    Fang Yan, the head coach of Guangdong Evergrande and the former one of RC Cannes, has said, "Guangdong didn't invite the foreign OP in order to give more time to focus on Chen Pei-yan. We need an foreign OH who is good at reception."
    The question: Is Tandara good at reception?

YES, she is a decent receiver. if that team refuse her, GALATASARAY needs to grab her as soon as possible.

• YES, she is a decent receiver. if that team refuse her, GALATASARAY needs to grab her as soon as possible.

yes, she is decent but very far from the level that we see in the Chinese league.

• I heard that Fabiana is trying to convince Sheilla to play for Praia Clube next season.

(I`m not making this up, I read on melhordovolei and youtube live chat...it if is true I don`t know).

Anne in Minas would be great, because there`s very few players with height in Brazil right now. Bruna Honorio is great and I hear a lot of fans saying she should be Tandara``s back up in the NT...only problem is that she`s only 1.80cm.

THE QUESTION IS, WILL SHEILLA CASTRO RETURN TO VOLLEYBALL NEXT SEASON? I MISS HER ON COURT! SHE IS NO LONGER A 7 POINTS PLAYER SO THAT WILL MAKE IT EASIER FOR ANY TEAM WITH ENOUGH BUDGET TO HIRE HER. OSASCO SHOULD GRAB HER BECAUSE TANDARA IS LEAVING.

• I heard that Fabiana is trying to convince Sheilla to play for Praia Clube next season.

(I`m not making this up, I read on melhordovolei and youtube live chat...it if is true I don`t know).

Anne in Minas would be great, because there`s very few players with height in Brazil right now. Bruna Honorio is great and I hear a lot of fans saying she should be Tandara``s back up in the NT...only problem is that she`s only 1.80cm.

that might be true considering the fact that Fabiana and her is closed friends. i miss seeing her action in court. she is one of the most dynamic OPP in the world. but if she is to go there, then she will have to compete with Bruna. I also love Bruna ever since she was with Rio. she hits hard and smart.

Wasn't Buijs a disaster in Rio?

she did okay in some match and bad in some. reception is her biggest issue. drussyla outshined her during the semis and eventually took her place as starter.

• I mean I think Buijs is a very good player for a mid-level team but I'm not sure if she is good enough for a top team. We will see what happens.

• Sheilla would only play in Praia right now if she was a back up, which is something I don't think she wants. The level of the team requires a more solid OPP. Sheilla's best days are gone.

• Casalmaggiore may lose its historical main sponsor Pomì from next season. A new main sponsor, Landini (company producing tractors), is ready to take its place, but I don't know if the budget of the team will be the same.
    Anyway Marco Gaspari will be the coach, Spirito the new libero and maybe Brakocevic the new OPP.

• Spirito is very solide libero and Brakocevic very good OPP, even though She is not playing like in her golden days but She can still make impact.

• She played with Skorupa, Wolosz and Glass, all of 3 setter played fast volleyball.

SAMANTHA BRICIO has never played with Glass: she signed with Imoco in the late summer of 2016 along with Skorupa, who was Glass' replacement... :teach:

• Maren Fromm (Brinker) considers to retire from professional volleyball because the season in Canakkale was very frustrating for her. Also her husband had a negative experience in Turkish men's league and will definitely not return there, he wants to play in Italy or Poland. Maren says that currently she feels no passion for Volleyball, but she'll join NT anyway and might change her mind during the summer. The other option is to have a child and follow her husband wherever he'll play.

Source

• Maren Fromm (Brinker) considers to retire from professional volleyball because the season in Canakkale was very frustrating for her. Also her husband had a negative experience in Turkish men's league and will definitely not return there, he wants to play in Italy or Poland. Maren says that currently she feels no passion for Volleyball, but she'll join NT anyway and might change her mind during the summer. The other option is to have a child and follow her husband wherever he'll play.

Source

Interesting, I was curious about why Fromm was benched at the end of season although he did a good performance whenever he played :huh: On the other hand, Brinker did have a terrible season although the whole team was bad anyway so it is hard to blame her for that, especially considering the disorganization of that club.

It is pity that so many German players get retired at a very early age while average retirement in female volleyball is around 35-36

• As long as german volley athletes keep playing in German or Polish leagues, they make HUGE MONEY and find it
    really difficult and pointless to retire at 40 or 35.
    Take MAGGIE KOZUCH: pretty much like Brinker, she moved to beach volley 2 years ago, after winning the CL with Pomi
    Casalmaggiore at 29 years of age... :tzz:

Sometimes they simply "disappear" from the radar, whereas stars like Sheilla or Mari or Gamova cause a big fuzz.

PICCININI, instead, at 39 is still intact, kicking and ready to keep on winning il she's 40 :box: :box: :box:

• I`m not sure if it is official but seams like Osasco renewed with Camila Brait and they signed Claudinha.

Bia (Ana Beatriz) might be going to Sesc/Rio.

Osasco found a new sponsor and will be announced soon, rumors Bank Bradesco is the one.

"After receiving many proposals from companies that presented investment far from ideal, bradesco along with the city hall reached an agreement.
    Investment will be at the same level as the largest in the country. One of the bank's demands is for two players from the base base to be used in the team per season.
    For Season 2018/2019, the chief car to be explored in the uniform will be bradesco prime, the model is similar to nestlé's way of exploring a brand product per season.
    The same technical commission will be maintained.
    As far as the cast is concerned, there are already advanced negotiations with players, two foreigners will be hired.
    The project will be presented at bradesco headquarters in an event on may 2th."