You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header
  • "serdar" is male

Favourite Team: Cuban NT, Turkish NT, VAKIFBANK

Favourite Players: A. Orro/O. Malinov/H. Miyashita/X. Gong/T. Boskoviç/M. Vargas/P. Egonu/I. Haak/H. Klimets/Z. Ting/C. Zhang/Gabi/B. Busa/M. Sylla/C. Bosetti/I. Voronkova/K. Ilchenko/D. Santana/J. Geerties/C. Plak/M. Mlejnkova/A. Leyva/L. Scuka/C. van Gestel/B. Herbotts/N. Daalderop/C. Chirichella/I. Fetisova/K. Akman/M. Popoviç/A. Danesi/S. Bonifacio/Y. Xinyue/Z. Todorova/A. De Tant

Tuesday, April 24th 2018, 1:04pm

I'm sure Casalmaggiore would like Gibby to come back, but if they manage to sign Kingdon and Carlini they won't have any spot left for an American player (maximum 2 players per club with the same nationality are permitted in A1).

What's the logic behind this rule? :teach:

Sidney

Master

Favourite Team: Brazil NT, USA NT, Ned NT, Rexona, Minas, Fenerbahce, Pomi, Bergamo

Favourite Players: Mihajlovic, Natália, Stevanovic, Fabiana, Jucy, Piccinini, Ferretti, Larson

Tuesday, April 24th 2018, 1:38pm

Is this rule new? Imoco had Robinson, Glass, Adams and Easy at the same time a few years ago.

SHAME

• "SHAME" is male

Favourite Team: USA (W/M) - BRA (W/M) - PUR (W/M)

Tuesday, April 24th 2018, 1:44pm

That rule was deleted few seasons ago.
"Voglio i tuoi occhi quando sognerai per farmi rimanere qui"
"...come la terra la pioggia d'estate"
"Io ti ho coperto le spalle, scoprendo tutto il mio cuore"
- Emma :heart: :love:

Toguttt

Master

• "Toguttt" is male

Favourite Team: ITALY NT

Favourite Players: Togut, Piccinini, Tay Agüero, Lioubov Sokolova, Takeshita, Kim Yeon Koung, Maja Poljak, Fofao, Paola Egonu,

Tuesday, April 24th 2018, 2:03pm

That rule was deleted few seasons ago.

The rule was introduced again last year. So also next season no more than 2 foreigners with the same nationality are allowed to play in a club of Serie A1.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Tuesday, April 24th 2018, 5:30pm

MONZA is going to sign Rachael Adams soon. Anne Buijs is very close too.
Line-up: Hancock-Ortolani, Buijs-Begic, Adams-Melandri, Arcangeli.
Any info about Hanna Orthmann? As far as I remember she signed a 1+1 year contract last year, but since it was mainly due to Pedulla that she went to Monza and he isn't staying there, I wonder what will happen to her...

Tuesday, April 24th 2018, 5:39pm

The rule came back into place after last season when Novara won with 3 players from the same nationality ( Plak,Djekma,Piertrson). And the funny thing is that Italy got smacked by the Dutch in the ECH.

And in any League the foreigner rules are to protect the local players.

There`s the volleyball federation, the league and the cubs....the clubs are only looking out for themselves and they can care less how well the National Team is doing and they con`t care for the local players as well. All they want is in and that`s it.

don`t believe me?? Just look what happened with Zaytsev.... he simply got dumped by Perguia over a foreigner.

Everyone here knows I love the Serbians and I love Atanasijevic, but choosing him over Zaytsev is absolutely unacceptable. The guy just won his country a Silver Medal at the Olympics and still they will take a foreigner over him as they simply won`t respect his wish to play in the position he wants.

Now if Zaytsev which happens to be probably a TOP 5 player in the World at the moment gets dumped like that and is getting this kinda of treatment...Can you imagine how all the other Italians would get treated?

If something bad would happen in Turkey and all the players would be forced to leave.... I don`t doubt that the Italian Teams would force to break the foreigner rules and they could sign and play with as many as they want and no need to Italians on the court.

For example, Novara would not even think twice about replacing Egonu/Chiriinchella with Boskovic/Rasic.....I think even Picinini would be forced to retire.

Because once again...If Zaytsev is getting dumped that shows how valued the local players are for their clubs.

• "serdar" is male

Favourite Team: Cuban NT, Turkish NT, VAKIFBANK

Favourite Players: A. Orro/O. Malinov/H. Miyashita/X. Gong/T. Boskoviç/M. Vargas/P. Egonu/I. Haak/H. Klimets/Z. Ting/C. Zhang/Gabi/B. Busa/M. Sylla/C. Bosetti/I. Voronkova/K. Ilchenko/D. Santana/J. Geerties/C. Plak/M. Mlejnkova/A. Leyva/L. Scuka/C. van Gestel/B. Herbotts/N. Daalderop/C. Chirichella/I. Fetisova/K. Akman/M. Popoviç/A. Danesi/S. Bonifacio/Y. Xinyue/Z. Todorova/A. De Tant

Tuesday, April 24th 2018, 8:02pm

I don't see the point still :what: you can also replace your italian local players with 2 dutch and 2 american players instead of 4 american players. So the rule is not about protecting local players. Also Zaytsev could have picked to play in another club or change his position

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Tuesday, April 24th 2018, 8:42pm

I don't see the point still :what: you can also replace your italian local players with 2 dutch and 2 american players instead of 4 american players. So the rule is not about protecting local players. Also Zaytsev could have picked to play in another club or change his position

Well that's better 3-4 players from the same NT training together in a foreign club for the olympics. :gone:

It's difficult to understand this if your NT has not tasted the victory in any of the major international tournaments.

Italy is now at the point where their young players have potential to win something in the future. The federation is just looking out for their players and balancing or limiting the clubs' desperation to win the domestic league or european cups. It's only natural as club volleyball is where most players develop in to their own independence. Ofcourse they just can't shackle the clubs to banned foreigners playing in to the league. That will only weaken the league and the players as wel

About Zaytsev: He's an outside hitter in Perugia. That's because no italian clubs can afford his wage demands other than Perugia.
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Toguttt

Master

• "Toguttt" is male

Favourite Team: ITALY NT

Favourite Players: Togut, Piccinini, Tay Agüero, Lioubov Sokolova, Takeshita, Kim Yeon Koung, Maja Poljak, Fofao, Paola Egonu,

Tuesday, April 24th 2018, 8:53pm

MONZA is going to sign Rachael Adams soon. Anne Buijs is very close too.
Line-up: Hancock-Ortolani, Buijs-Begic, Adams-Melandri, Arcangeli.
Any info about Hanna Orthmann? As far as I remember she signed a 1+1 year contract last year, but since it was mainly due to Pedulla that she went to Monza and he isn't staying there, I wonder what will happen to her...

I heard she will stay in Monza, but nothing sure yet. What is certain is that Havelkova and Dixon are leaving.

Oh and I forgot to write about Britt Herbots in Busto as backup OH.

Tuesday, April 24th 2018, 8:57pm

Zaytsev gave a interview saying when he signed with Perugia the plan was for him to play 1 or 2 seasons as OH and then he would play OPP.. But this season they went ahead and renewed with ATA without even talking to him.......

And remember when we used to have all that discussion on why the young Turkish and Italians choose to be on the bench of Top Teams?
Some of you guys would say they were doing the best thing, because their goal was to get the best training with the best coaches and be around the best players..... but some of us would disagree and say that time on the court is more important.

Well...Guidetti and the Italian just conformed that the agents basically manipulate the young players and make them sign with the top team only so they can get more money....

@Kkk15 already posted saying the Italian coach will talk with the players and show them how important playing time vs sitting on the bench, and from on now they should be playing and not sitting on the bench... same goes for Guidetti.

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Favourite Players: André Heller, Dante, Serginho, Giba, Murilo, Lucarelli, Kaziyski, Sokolov, N'Gapeth, Urnaut; Fê Garay, Fabi, Logan Tom, Kim Yeon-Koung, Kosheleva

Today, 12:31am

Juciely (MB) apparently rejected SESI/Bauru's offer and is staying in Sesc/Rio.
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

Today, 2:42am

If Juciely stays in Rio, then Mayhara is going back to the bench, I guess.

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Favourite Players: André Heller, Dante, Serginho, Giba, Murilo, Lucarelli, Kaziyski, Sokolov, N'Gapeth, Urnaut; Fê Garay, Fabi, Logan Tom, Kim Yeon-Koung, Kosheleva

Today, 2:53am

Or Jucy ends up on the bench if Bia does indeed come. Mayhara is playing better than her.
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

Today, 3:25am

Or Jucy ends up on the bench if Bia does indeed come. Mayhara is playing better than her.
I guess it makes sense since Bia is a slide attacker like Juciely.

Social bookmarks