2018 / 2019 Transfer Rumors & Discussion

• Look, I like you crovolley, I really do, but your attempts at passive-aggressive digs and wishful-thinking-disguised-as-commentary are laughably transparent. :lol:

My friendly advice is to either get much better at it, or to quit it altogether.

• About Ognenovic I can say that she was good when she played in Piacenza. She played well with Sorokaite, Mejiners, Bauer and Belien indeed but I did not like her performance in NT because she had strong MBs like Rasic, Velikovic and Stefanovic but she prefered using Mihailovic and Boskovic. She played well against Russia but not was stable. I think if you have strong MBs like serbians I think you must use them as often as possible. It's my opinion Maja is not a stable setter.

• About Ognenovic I can say that she was good when she played in Piacenza. She played well with Sorokaite, Mejiners, Bauer and Belien indeed but I did not like her performance in NT because she had strong MBs like Rasic, Velikovic and Stefanovic but she prefered using Mihailovic and Boskovic. She played well against Russia but not was stable. I think if you have strong MBs like serbians I think you must use them as fast as possible. It's my opinion Maja is not a stable setter.

To be fair, the sheer temptation when you have spikers like Boskovic and Mihajlovic, to use them, no matter how good MBs are, can be overwhelming, regardless of setter's skill. Especially in tight situtations, when the fight for every point determines the winner.

It's all well and easy for us, armchair-critics, to note that it's wasteful not to use good MBs enough, but when you are in the heat of the moment, when you feel victory is near, its only natural to revert to the safest option.

And the proof of this is that practically every setter, even those who are widely acknowledged as excellent, when they have a particularly dominating spiker, will use them the most (Ognjenovic, Wolosz, Naz...).

• I think Maja is still clearly one of the best setters in the world and comparing her to someone like Skorupa is just silly. When Ognjenovic was in the NT she used the MBs a lot, particularly Rasic. Zivkovic even admitted that Ognjenovic had a much better connection with the MBs than she did and she used them more often. Sure, when a setter has Boskovic and Mihajlovic in the team they are of course going to get a lot of balls especially when reception is bad but the MBs got their chance to shine as well.

Also this season Maja played well mostly. Eczacibasi's problem in the final was that reception broke down and Boskovic couldn't kill anything out of system like she usually does which isn't really Maja's fault.

• Ognenovic played more with MBs in Piacenza I had remembered it. But the main reason here why she did not do the same job in NT. If you have Mihailovic and Boskovic it is advantage but you also have strong MBs who are not weaker than Mihailovic and Bosovic. I think it is an excuse sometimes strong players like Boskovic and Mihailovic even can't handle it. If to be honest I was rooting for Serbia because of our Slavic bro lol although they won the main game against Russia. I mean Serbia against China in final game, I think she must change something if Boskovic and Mihailovic couldn't handle it. If she changed something like playing with MBs which China NT wouldn't expect it from her. Sometimes strong MBs can change a game we all know that. You always can't go through this I mean passing two players it is not a good option. Don't forget volleyball a team game not individual game. It's my opinion. Of course Maja is much better than Skorupa if to compare her with Skorupa

• Ognenovic played more with MBs in Piacenza I had remembered it. But the main reason here why she did not to the same job in NT. If you have Mihailovic and Boskovic it is advantage but you also have strong MBs who are not weaker than Mihailovic and Bosovic. I think it is an excuse sometimes strong players like Boskovic and Mihailovic even can't handle it. If to be honest I was rooting for Serbia because of our Slavic bro lol although they won the main game against Russia. I mean Serbia against China in final game, I think she must change something if Boskovic and Mihailovic couldn't handle it. If she changed something like playing with MBs which China NT wouldn't expect it from her. Sometimes strong MBs can change a game we all know that. You always can't go through this I mean passing two players it is not a good option. Don't forget volleyball a team game not individual game

In the gold medal game Rasic attacked more balls than Mihajlovic did because Ognjenovic did exactly what you are saying. I would say Rasic was always a better attacker when playing with Ognjenovic than she has ever been at Vakifbank.

• Ognenovic played more with MBs in Piacenza I had remembered it. But the main reason here why she did not do the same job in NT. If you have Mihailovic and Boskovic it is advantage but you also have strong MBs who are not weaker than Mihailovic and Bosovic. I think it is an excuse sometimes strong players like Boskovic and Mihailovic even can't handle it. If to be honest I was rooting for Serbia because of our Slavic bro lol although they won the main game against Russia. I mean Serbia against China in final game, I think she must change something if Boskovic and Mihailovic couldn't handle it. If she changed something like playing with MBs which China NT wouldn't expect it from her. Sometimes strong MBs can change a game we all know that. You always can't go through this I mean passing two players it is not a good option. Don't forget volleyball a team game not individual game. It's my opinion. Of course Maja is much better than Skorupa if to compare her with Skorupa

Volleyball is a sport in which MB, when of comparable quality as their spiker teammates, will almost always influence the game less. Only when it is the case that excellent MBs have an average Opp and OH teammates, can they influence the game more. That's just how it is, regardless of any other circumstance (including the setter's skill).

In other words, when you view a large enough sample-size, players like Boskovic and Mihajlovic will almost always influence the outcome of the matches (tournament), than even an MB like Rasic, regardless of which setter is playing.

• I don't agree with that. You have to use Boskovic and Mihailovic more but never forget to pass if you have strong MBs like Rasic, Velkovic and Stefanovic. That's my opinion. Sometimes MBs can change a game too maybe not always but sometimes it happens like cev cup final game Krasnodar against Galatasaray

• I don't agree with that. You have to use Boskovic and Mihailovic more but never forget to pass if you have strong MBs like Rasic, Velkovic and Stefanovic. That's my opinion. Sometimes MBs can change a game too maybe not always but sometimes it happens like cev cup final game Krasnodar against Galatasaray

You're right, Veljkovic has shown many times that she can score more than 20 points in a 3 sets match.

• Are we going to see new wave of setters on the second half of the new Olympic cycle for some NT? Ogjenovic, Dani Lins, Alishia Glass, Naz -- are all passed their prime. China has young Ding Xia. Turkey has Cansu (in the making). USA now has Carli. and Brazil has Roberta.

is there any "generation" of setters or players in volleyball? like we can call the Gamova era, the Sheilla era, the Fofao era etc like they did in Kpop. LOL.

I think from the past era, Nootsara remains on top form. her connection with the MBs is just amazing to watch.

and I see you guys talk about setter with their dominant hitter and that is why I love Roberta from Brazil. she sets well, even when she is out of position. but also when she plays, balls are coming from all over the court. of course there will be one dominant player (like last year with Tandara), but she always involve everyone in attack; although some times her connection with the MBs can be tragic. LOL.

I hope Nootsara will play in Turkey again, or better yet come to Brazil. Osasco needs a very good setter.

• AS FOR YOUNG SETTERS: don't go search elsewhere, they're already here IN ITALY.

Nevermind old coaches still trusting overrated old setters like Skorupa (she belongs in BAKU, period.And she will never, ever win a CL: it's a..."Polish karma") or superold Lo Bianco or Tomkom over the new ones,
    the new breed has to be trusted and, as of now, finally some enlightened coaches put them on the lead:

OFELIA MALINOV, Italy's n.1, will lead superteam SCANDICCI;
    CHIARA DI IULIO, Italy's n.3, will back her (hence them ad the BEST COUPLE in Serie A1);
    CARLOTTA CAMBI, Italy's n.2, will lead newly born historic ZANETTI BERGAMO.

AS FOR BRAZILIAN TRANSFERS:

https://www.melhordovolei.com.br/mercados/feminino.html

• I agree that she could have used more of the middles...and not always go with Boskovic/Mihajlovic.

But we can not always blame the setter for her decisions.. Before every game there`s a game plan, and the setter gotta do what she coach wants her to... Im pretty sure it has always been Terzic`s plan to go with Boskovic/Mihajlovic and that is how their game is planned around. .....we all saw this summer the same thing as they played with Anna and Zinkovic and the middles were not used....

and Terzic even talked about this after last season was over, he said they must work on in using the middles more often.

And @canter...I`m sorry but makes no sense to say her best days are over simply because they lost the finals... What do u want her to do? Set every single ball for Tijana until she gets injured? Larson simply can`t score anymore and Hande,Meliha,Onal are not even considered "good" players....And their middles are all limited and all need perfect sets in order to score... there`s only so much the setter can do..

About Ognenovic I can say that she was good when she played in Piacenza. She played well with Sorokaite, Mejiners, Bauer and Belien indeed but I did not like her performance in NT because she had strong MBs like Rasic, Velikovic and Stefanovic but she prefered using Mihailovic and Boskovic. She played well against Russia but not was stable. I think if you have strong MBs like serbians I think you must use them as often as possible. It's my opinion Maja is not a stable setter.

• I agree...and Stevanovic can do the same..and so does Mina Popivic and Rasic..

Serbia can be the best team in the World because they have the best middles and best OPP ( only problem is OH)....but like I said before a setter must do what the coach wants her to do... and Terzic certainly wants to use Boskovic and Mihajlovic as their main weapons. .... so is not like Maja can do out there and simply do whatever she wants and starting setting the middles.....

This is on Terzic....He`s the one that gotta understand they have the best middles...and only setting Boskovic/Mihajlovic won`t always work.

You're right, Veljkovic has shown many times that she can score more than 20 points in a 3 sets match.

• Naz is only 28 and she is at the same age with Roberta. How the hell do you call Roberta as young but Naz passed her prime? :what: :aww:

Unfortunately there is not many 'legendary' setters in this olympic cycle. Best upcoming generations are from Italy (as in almost all other positions as well :white: ) All 3 of Malinov, Orro and Cambi have potential to be a legendary setter. Roberta might a late bloomer like Fofao for next OG cycle but for now she still has a lot to prove herself.

Currently, most noteworthy setter is still Tomkom, however her style does not fit any type of team and her height is a big liability. In addition to her, Lloyd, Wolosz, Ognjenoviç and Naz are the top setters that I expect them to rule this olympic cycle ( although Naz will have a one year break for her pregnancy)

• I agree...and Stevanovic can do the same..and so does Mina Popivic and Rasic..

Serbia can be the best team in the World because they have the best middles and best OPP ( only problem is OH)....but like I said before a setter must do what the coach wants her to do... and Terzic certainly wants to use Boskovic and Mihajlovic as their main weapons. .... so is not like Maja can do out there and simply do whatever she wants and starting setting the middles.....

This is on Terzic....He`s the one that gotta understand they have the best middles...and only setting Boskovic/Mihajlovic won`t always work.

The other point is that reception doesn't always allow it. Serbia plays with a 2 receiver system or with Mihajlovic receiving so the setter often doesn't get good passes and it makes it impossible to use the MBs so I don't think Terzic is wrong. I still say Ognjenovic used the middles a fair amount in the NT.

• Naz is only 28 and she is at the same age with Roberta. How the hell do you call Roberta as young but Naz passed her prime? :what: :aww:

Unfortunately there is not many 'legendary' setters in this olympic cycle. Best upcoming generations are from Italy (as in almost all other positions as well :white: ) All 3 of Malinov, Orro and Cambi have potential to be a legendary setter. Roberta might a late bloomer like Fofao for next OG cycle but for now she still has a lot to prove herself.

Currently, most noteworthy setter is still Tomkom, however her style does not fit any type of team and her height is a big liability. In addition to her, Lloyd, Wolosz, Ognjenoviç and Naz are the top setters that I expect them to rule this olympic cycle ( although Naz will have a one year break for her pregnancy)

Prime is not relative to age. Naz was a child prodigy at the beginning of her career. It's the usual that those gifted players at a young age exhaust themselves early.

I think Naz is a good setter but she was better than before although it is possible having such a strong squad in Vakifbank, we don't feel her level anymore.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I think Naz is still a very good setter. She's had a bad season, but maybe some time off will be just what she needs and she can come back stronger.

• btw..i agree about the drop in Raşiç's offensive game but i hope she will retire in Vakıfbank.She is one of symbol names of Vakıf.Gözde has just retired,Naz takes a break.Raşiç only stays
    id like Ting Zhu to be another symbol name in Vakıf but we know she will leave soon

• Prime is not relative to age. Naz was a child prodigy at the beginning of her career. It's the usual that those gifted players at a young age exhaust themselves early.

I think Naz is a good setter but she was better than before although it is possible having such a strong squad in Vakifbank, we don't feel her level anymore.

Thank you. That was what I was trying to say. I was talking about "training @ competition age" not "biological age".

Naz has been in the game so long that you considered her as a "veteran" already. I don't mean to take anything from her, she is up there with Fofao, Fernanda Venturrini, Lo Bianco, and Alisha Glass as my favorite female setters.

Italy has been suffering a bit from the changes of generation from Picci-Gioli-Arrighetti-DelCore-Costagrande to these new young players. I hope they will be able to complete the transformation as Brazil did back in their golden years in 2008. I love to watch Egonu. She is definitely going to be one of the beasts.