2018 / 2019 Transfer Rumors & Discussion

• I think Zhu might stay with Vakif for the 2018-2019 season, if they add more key players to help her out. With Gozde retiring, Naz being pregnant and if the rumours of Rasic and Lonneke possibly leaving are true, then the work load will be heavy on Zhu. Hopefully they don't overuse her and risk injury. Maybe she will return to China for the following 2019-2020 season, it would be a smart decision to keep her healthy and get a head start practicing with national team before the Tokyo Olympics since the China season ends earlier.

Vakifbank is the best place for her to work at. I think Langping will require her going back to china in olympic year! Her main target is this year's world championship and 2020 tokyo olympics. :box:

• For sure Adams is much better than Gibbi. Gibbi is not good is not bad. Her level is considered middle. Comparing Gibbi with Adams it is ridiculous Adams is a main player of NT. Replace Adams with Gibbi it is not a good option in my opinion if to be honest.

i havent followed Gibbemayer a lot but we know the Usa has many great MBs Who arent called to the NT. could you be underestimating Gibbi a little ?
    also it is good for Adams to go to a club where she can be a starter
    lets wait and see what crovolley will say on Gibbi :thumbsup:

• Rachel Adams is a very good attacker and very nice person i wish her good luck in her new team and i thought Gibbemayer is a better blocker and balanced MB ,am i wrong ?

Actually i am not a big fan of rachel's game. Firstly, she is not good at "little" things such as serving,defence, passing with finger or bump pass(i am not familiar with the english of these terms, i hope i am using the correct words). Like most other MBs, she misses serve a lot. and it is not like she has an effective serve. As for attack and block, again i dont think she is world class. In offense, she gets blocked a lot, or hit out. And in block, she is not very good at all. Most of the time she cant touch the opponent's attack and cant slow the ball down.

But do i think gibbemayer is better choice? i am not sure. she is the back up of rachel in us nt after all. I think Eczacı could have gotten better player in that position. I mean these players are great. Dont get me wrong, but if you wanna make a run for championship in champions league, i think you need more than those kind of players. Zhu is so dominant and possibly fener will sign with KYK. Eczacı is gonna have a lot of trouble trying to compete with these two teams next season.

• Vakifbank is the best place for her to work at. I think Langping will require her going back to china in olympic year! Her main target is this year's world championship and 2020 tokyo olympics. :box:

poor Ting Zhu! an intense Schedule waits for her .i wish her an injury-free tournaments and to all the other players too

• Vakifbank is the best place for her to work at. I think Langping will require her going back to china in olympic year! Her main target is this year's world championship and 2020 tokyo olympics. :box:

The season after the Tokyo 2020 Olympics will probably be when she returns Vakifbank. If China's new star Li Yingying proves her worth, she will most likely be able to go abroad also after the olympics.

• poor Ting Zhu! an intense Schedule waits for her .i wish her an injury-free tournaments and to all the other players too

That injury in the game against Imoco made me a bit worried. I'm sure Lang had a talk with Zhu to make sure she knows her limits. Nothing is more important than a players health.

• Actually i am not a big fan of rachel's game. Firstly, she is not good at "little" things such as serving,defence, passing with finger or bump pass(i am not familiar with the english of these terms, i hope i am using the correct words). Like most other MBs, she misses serve a lot. and it is not like she has an effective serve. As for attack and block, again i dont think she is world class. In offense, she gets blocked a lot, or hit out. And in block, she is not very good at all. Most of the time she cant touch the opponent's attack and cant slow the ball down.

But do i think gibbemayer is better choice? i am not sure. she is the back up of rachel in us nt after all. I think Eczacı could have gotten better player in that position. I mean these players are great. Dont get me wrong, but if you wanna make a run for championship in champions league, i think you need more than those kind of players. Zhu is so dominant and possibly fener will sign with KYK. Eczacı is gonna have a lot of trouble trying to compete with these two teams next season.

i guess if Eczacı cant sign KYK then they will try to sign another good OH to support Tijana and Larson.i agree with you if they want to be competitive enough for TL and CL they will need another good foreign.i think Gibbi will not play alot in TL if Vitra signs another foreign OH. having Gamze+Ezgi as the setters is good for them now they dont have to give a spot to a foreign setter.

• Gibbemeyer is a better blocker and worse attacker than Adams. I think she could be good for Eczacibasi. Adams is a starter for the NT but that is because Karch needs attacking MBs to play his system, since Eczacibasi has Boskovic they don’t need such strong attacking MBs and need better blocking MBs.

Will be interesting to see how Gamze does. She seemed to struggle playing a slower style this year but I think she can be a really good setter.

• Maybe problem is money for Eczacibasi.All Turkish teams wants Kim and she is really expensive player.Vakıfbank and Eczaci also have Zhu and Boskovic whose are more expensive players than Kim.

• Gibbemeyer is a better blocker and worse attacker than Adams. I think she could be good for Eczacibasi. Adams is a starter for the NT but that is because Karch needs attacking MBs to play his system, since Eczacibasi has Boskovic they don’t need such strong attacking MBs and need better blocking MBs.

Will be interesting to see how Gamze does. She seemed to struggle playing a slower style this year but I think she can be a really good setter.

i also thought that way.Adams is very good attacking MB but establishing a good connection with her is reall not easy .when you feel the connection with her she can make many points depending on passing..
    could Gibbemeyer be an easier MB for setters to have a connection with over the net ?

• Considering Gibby will stay on bench most of the season, if that's ok for her, I'm fine too. Of course Adams is both a better spiker and blocker because of her better spiking and blocking reach. Gibby is a very good player too: don't take too seriously her last season in Novara, Skorupa destroyed her confidence and she looked pissed off the whole time; it's not a good feeling when your setter can't provide a single good ball and you spike mostly on the opponents' wide passes... Adams was wasted on bench.

Eczacibasi needed a foreign MB for the Champions League and they signed a good one. Almost as good as Adams.

• btw..Fener did a good job signing Bricio....its not easy finding good offensive OHs these days for high level volley..
    Eczacıbaşı could sign Neriman if they cant sign KYK
    Who else can they sign ?

• On the other hand, I was wondering about Alisha Glass. There were rumors about her willing to come back. :whistle:

Did I not read she had some kind of drug ban? Has that passed?

• Quoted from "bumpsetspike"

I think Zhu might stay with Vakif for the 2018-2019 season, if they add more key players to help her out. With Gozde retiring, Naz being pregnant and if the rumours of Rasic and Lonneke possibly leaving are true, then the work load will be heavy on Zhu. Hopefully they don't overuse her and risk injury. Maybe she will return to China for the following 2019-2020 season, it would be a smart decision to keep her healthy and get a head start practicing with national team before the Tokyo Olympics since the China season ends earlier.
    Vakifbank is the best place for her to work at. I think Langping will require her going back to china in olympic year! Her main target is this year's world championship and 2020 tokyo olympics.

Don't forget the 2019 volleyball world cup which is almost as important as 2020 Olympic Games.

• They didnt decide whether to call Thaisa to the team for the next season. they said they are gonna evaluate her performance, and then decide.

This doesn't make any sense to me, considering that she has a valid contract with them

• Zhu Ting is leaving Vakifbank? Maybe she joins Tianjin. It makes sense since she has won all possible tournaments across Europe.

Tianjin is already Chinese league champion..Shanghai should transfer her to get the most desired title they have been missing for a long time
    i also dont think she leaves Vakıf..maybe after next season