2018 / 2019 Transfer Rumors & Discussion

• Carlini has opporunity of her life. She is young and talented setter. Molly had very bad season in Eczacibasi but we all know how good She was so.

I still think that they will fight for big things not only in Seria A but in CL to. I don't see a lot of teams who are better then Novara in Europe.

• THAT'S SO DAMN RIGHT...!!! :teach: :teach: :teach:

I've seen this happening since time immemorial, BUT it's rather Santarelli' s fault than Mazzanti's, as this WRONG mental approach has dangerously become Imoco's worst benchmark lately. Not to mention his will to take back italian NT's setter OFELIA MALINOV, who had just grown grandiosely in Foppapedretti, to put her back on the bench in favor of super-mediocre Wolosz ( ?( 8| X( ?( ) !!! MALINOV has then luckily been acquired by super-smart SCANDICCI's G.M. Toccafondi...

Imoco'll be starting with DE CRUIJF, HODGE, HILL, which is logical enough, though leaving on the bench DANESI, SYLLA and TIROZZI, which is odd.

That said, leaving the "Italian Issue" behind, Santarelli made almost a fool of himself last year, when he put an amazing champion and starter OH like SAMANTHA BRICIO :heart: :heart: :heart: on the bench after taking back Megan Hodge. No comment.
    If not enough, he recently tried to get brazilian international GABI, multiple WGP's and Superliga's WINNER and vice-champion in 2017 World Championship for Clubs, only to leave her, again, on the bench (Kim Hill being another logical starter, though not always).

If I could, I'd recommend SYLLA and Tirozzi to STAY AWAY from Conegliano, regardless of their potentially rich contracts :thumbsup:

Who will be the starter OH? Hodge? :?:
    Conegliano loves to bench Italian players :whistle:

• Guys, Tirozzi WANTS to be Conegliano's bench player: Easy life, good money, close to husband.
    She proposed herself to be hired there as the new Cella, instead of playing a big role in Pomì or Firenze.
    It was her personal choice, no need to blame somebody else.

• After seeing how much Sylla is improving her game with NT in every part of the game I know it Tirozzi will not get so much time on court and if She reall wants that She made great deal for her LOL

• And also.. there's no need to overestimate her. I loove her, she's literally one of my favorite Italian players, I wanted her as a starter even the first time she was in Conegliano. But she's not getting any younger, she's 32 years old, has already proven what she can do.. and I think a back up for the best Italian team, and one of the best teams in the world is a fair choice. She would probably have a bigger role than Cella, I see her as a sub for Hill, or Hodge back court.. but she can't be a game changer for them

• Compare Tirozzi with Cella it is ridiculous. I don't think Tirozzi will be a bench player in more games. Hodge-Easy's reception is not good and stable and I think Tirozzi can replace her and even can be main player of Conegliano. She has a good reception, fast attack. Bricio was a bench player at the beginning of championship but East's injury gave a chance to be the main player. Tirozzi's situation is different she is not type of Cella. Tirozzi has a good reception plus a good serve, a good defence. She is a more suitable player for Imoco and Wolosz. When Dijenkema played in Novara, more people could think Cambi had not a chance to play on court but before championship start we can't not say accurate things :|
    Some times Italian players feel theirself more into the game than foreigners. They can be more useful than foreigners :whistling:

• I think We need to wait official news about Megan Easy first. I still hope it is not true :gone: Tirozzi and Sylla both can be starter over her. She will come from bad injury again and when She is healthy her reception is not stabile, key of Conegliano game.
    Bricio was good because She could serve as beast and She can attack but even that is :?: when it comes to Megan.
    I don't know why they didn't signed Anne Mitchem and I don't know why She signed for Scandicci when they have Bosetti-Vasileva OH duo...

• The big deal is NOT Tirozzi over Hodge, as Valentina, as someone said, is 32 and could well be ok with being benched...

The real big deal is SYLLA BEING WAY BETTER THAN "MULTIPLE-TIMES-INJURED" 30 years old Hodge !!!
    She was ok back in 2015/16, we can agree on that, but always going back to her as if she "owned" the spot as OH is PATHETIC.

I want to stress this: coaches who are unsure of themselves (Santarelli, Guidetti), amazingly don't trust italian players, regardless of their age/ talent/ skills etc.
    Really, almost everyone could achieve success with ROBIN & K HILL on court: so, why the hell do you want to take back 30-years-old-Hodge after signing a thunderous Miriam SYLLA, experienced yet only 22 ?
    Non to mention the fact that you'll be putting on court mediocre Wolosz and Fabris as well (2 + 2 makes 4, right Santarelli ?), which will eventually end up being the same, disastrous issue of 2017/18: "who'll be benched this time? Robin? Fabris? Wolosz ? Hodge". :whistle:

I strongly believe either DE CRUIJF or SYLLA should decide to LEAVE Imoco.
    Or the upcoming season will be hellish... :box:

Compare Tirozzi with Cella it is ridiculous. I don't think Tirozzi will be a bench player in more games. Hodge-Easy's reception is not good and stable and I think Tirozzi can replace her and even can be main player of Conegliano. She has a good reception, fast attack. Bricio was a bench player at the beginning of championship but East's injury gave a chance to be the main player. Tirozzi's situation is different she is not type of Cella. Tirozzi has a good reception plus a good serve, a good defence. She is a more suitable player for Imoco and Wolosz. When Dijenkema played in Novara, more people could think Cambi had not a chance to play on court but before championship start we can't not say accurate things :|
    Some times Italian players feel theirself more into the game than foreigners. They can be more useful than foreigners :whistling:

• I simply ask the question. Do you think Sylla can handle with reception? Strong NTs and Turkish clubs will choose her on serve. She made three mistakes at the same time on reception Italy against USA. When Bosetti was on court it is maybe okay. Sylla must try to work on it. If her reception will be okay I think Santrelli may trust her.

• Did u guys actually watch Sylla this past season in Bergamo? She can receive...she`s not the best out there but she`s not this terrible as some might think. I remember one game she received almost 50 balls....and yeah everyone targets her....and that`s when she starts making mistakes.....She`s only 22 and still working on her game, some players does reach their prime until they are 25 especially for OHs....She needs good coaching ..but that is the problem....I don`t think she`s getting good coaching and Italian teams seems to give more "attention" for foreigners over the Italians.

Mark my word....Sylla will spend all season long on the bench while Tirrozi will be the starter.

Sylla will be the starter at first, but as soon as she makes a mistake she will go to the bench...and it will be like this for the first few games....and soon enough Tirozzi will become the starter.... I already see it coming. ....

Sylla is making a terrible decision. She should just stay in Bergamo, be a full time starter and improve on her game.

Remember last season when it was said Robin would be playing only CL and Danesi would be a starter?? I told you guys that would not happen and Robin would be starting on Italian League as well and Danesi would be on the bench all season long....and this is what happened. ...Well...not quite ....but Danesi and Melandri only got to play because Robin and Folei got injured.

• Pope I agree with you. Sylla is showing very good performance for now in NT, you can't judge her because of one bad game. She is very young for OH and She has better reception than many other OHs that are way older than her.

Well we can't say who would be bench player for Imoco Robin, Fabris, Danesi because Conegliano didn't have healty players whole season in the same time. Robin was starter on the beging of the season but Fabris was injured from the start. So it is hard to say what was the original plan for Imoco coach because We couldn't see it LOL.

But We still need to wait if Megan is really coming back. Conegliano has money to pay some OH from Chine and maybe some OH will shine at WCH :whistle:

• Pope I agree with you. Sylla is showing very good performance for now in NT, you can't judge her because of one bad game. She is very young for OH and She has better reception than many other OHs that are way older than her.

Piccinini was 23 like Sylla when she won the 2002 WCH... :whistle:

• Piccinini was 23 like Sylla when she won the 2002 WCH... :whistle:

Leopard can't change its spot, I think Sylla will be a player with strong attack and lack of reception :) smart NTs and Turkish clubs will aim her on serve. I don't know she will be able to improve her reception skills or important games her lack of reception side will be found by her opponents.