Russian NT 2018

• With Kazan probably not qualifying in Final 6 in CL, NT season is just around the corner after Russian SL championship.

Setter:
    In my opinion, this will be the biggest question mark this year. With Pankov at the helm as NT coach, I expect Pankova to be definitely part of the team. Whether she is the team's main setter or not, this is for another discussion. Vetrova is really doing good in Moscow and she has a good chance of being invited. I want Startseva to return to NT as well after her absence last year. As much as I would like Babeshina to return, I think her age is a limiting factor for the busy NT season.

Opposite:
    We all know Goncharova will be titular as OPP, but who can be her alternatives? Voronkova* is the most obvious choice, but IMHO, she plays better as OH and will be better playing in Position 4. Malykh can be invited back, but I'm not so sure of her interest in returning to NT after the tragic remarks by Kuzyutkin. Lastly, we both have Malygina and Lazareva who are both "untested", but I see more potential in the latter.

Outside hitter:
    With Kosheleva being absent up until WCH due to her injury, Russia needs a terminal OH and the closest I can think of is Voronkova. Parubets will also get invited. As for defensive OHs, the two OHs from Moscow Shcherban and Krotkova/Khodunova are good candidiates.

Middle blocker:
    Russia will still be using their trio of middle blockers last year: Fetisova, Koreleva, Efimova. Probably this is the time to integrate Lazarenko to the senior team.

Libero
    Malova returning to NT this 2018, is still a question mark I think. Kryuchkova was part of NT this year, and will probably do the same this year. Other than the first two, Ulanova is also a good candidate

My Russia 2018

Setter: Vetrova, Startseva
    Opposite: Goncharova, Malykh
    OH: Voronkova/Lazareva, Shcherban, Khodunova
    MB: Fetisova, Koreleva, Efimova, Lazarenko
    L: Malova (if she returns), Kryuchkova

• Setters: Pankova, Vetrova, Startseva, Novik, Ryseva

Middle blockers: Samoilenko, Fetisova, Pushina, Lazarenko, O.Efimova, Kotova, Enina, R.Goncharova, Koroleva

Opposites: Litovchenko, N. Goncharova, Isaeva, Russu, Petrova, Malykh

Receivers: Shevchuk, Shcherban, Ilchenko, Voronkova, Bavykina, Salonica, Kotikova, Sharavskaya, Iurinskaya, Pankova

Liberos: Sokolova, Ulanova, Frolova, Romanenko, Oganezova, Galeyeva.

http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…-nt-sokolova-is-back.html

This sounds bad. Where is Romanov and Startseva's back-up in Kazan? Sperskaite and Kutyukova? Is Malova retired? Why are there two Pankovas? Is Sokolova really better than the russian liberos? Why so many opposites? :rolll:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• This list seems crazy indeed. O.Efimova I know is a setter and shouldn't be listed under MB unless it was E. Efimova.

I am not aware of another 'Pankova' that is a receiver :what: . No Malygina or Lazareva either instead we get these even younger opposites.

Sokolova as libero that must be the biggest joke. At least we have Frolova back to libero position hope she doesn't get converted to OH again :whistle:

• I like the sister of Nataliya in Odintsovo. I feel this is a good addition even if this is a messy lineup whoever concocted this one. lol

Edit: :rolll: i think this is a different woman. lol

Does anyone know R. Goncharova? :teach:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• There is Alina Pankova, but I don't know her position.

The list above was posted as "inofficial" on Facebook, so it might not be real eventually. Sokolova as libero would be the biggest joke in history :wall:

Is that Alina the same wife of Pavel Pankov,the setter of Zenit St. Petersburg? I wonder how good she is.

#FreeBritney

• I like the sister of Nataliya in Odintsovo. I feel this is a good addition even if this is a messy lineup whoever concocted this one. lol

Edit: :rolll: i think this is a different woman. lol

Does anyone know R. Goncharova? :teach:

Rimma Goncharova (187cm/born in 1995/ Sakhalin)
    I think she is considered a B-team member which will play Montreux volley Masters.
    Samoilenko/Fetisova/E.Efimova/Lazarenko/Koroleva are better than her IMHO.

Yes, Alina Pankova-Yaroshik (186cm/born in 1992/Leningradka) is the wife of Pavel Pankov.
    I like her passion, but nothing special especially on attack.
    I would choose Kutyukova and Krotkova-Khodunova instead of her.

• Odd list... There are several players I never heard of...

I guess some of them will be used in the Volleyball Nations League. Montreux is 3 weeks ahead of the WC, so they might not use B-Team this time.

I hope they will try some "new" setters (Ryseva, Novik and Anufrienko), but Vetrova and Startseva will probably get the spots. I really hope that Pankova will be left out (not even sure she was better than Ryseva this season at Zarechie...).

Opposite is obviously Goncharova. Do they even need a second one for the WC? In other competitions they probably should use Malykh, Petrova or Malygina.

MB: Koroleva and Fetisova should be in. In addition I like E. Efimova and Kotova.

Libero: Ulanova, Krychkova.

Opposite: Shcherban, Voronkova and Khodunova/Krotkova seem to be the best. Parubets was not that convincing this season but still a decent option. I like Kotikova but probably a bit too unexperience for this WC...

• NOW IT'S OFFICIAL!

Russian Federation officiates call for women's selection, Pankov breaks protocol and reinforces the goal of rejuvenating the Russian skipe. Players like Scherban, Frolova and her daughter Ekaterina Pankova are left out.

This SIM is the official list of Russia, breaking any other "unofficial" list.

Twenty-six players were summoned and until the start of the League of Nations, which replaces the Grand Prix, the same list will be reduced to 21 players.

(I honestly am VERY surprised and happy with Pankov.) I thought he was going to come up with a list of almost 30-year-old players who have proven that they did not work out the team and would keep his daughter Pankova as untouchable. was called).

A mix of new revelations with experienced players, and Russia returns to breathe with good hopes.

SETTERS

# 7 -Romanova - 24 years old - 178cm
    # 10 -Novik - 24 years old - 180cm
    # 12 -Ryseva - 20 years - 175cm
    # 13 -Startseva - 29 years old - 185cm

OPPOSITES

# 4 - Malygina - 24 years - 202cm
    # 8 - Goncharova - 29 years - 194cm
    # 17 - Malykh - 25 years old - 187cm
    # 21 - Kotikova - 18 years - 185 cm

MIDDLE BLOCKERS

# 1 - Lazarenko - 22 years - 193cm
    # 3 - Efimova - 25 years - 193cm
    # 6 - Zaryazhko - 26 years - 196cm
    # 11 - Lyubushkina - 27 years - 188cm
    # 14 - Fetisova - 24 years old - 190cm
    # 20 - Shlyakhovaya - 26 years - 192cm
    # 25 - Brovkina - 19 years old - 190cm

OUTSIDE HITTERS

# 5 - Kutyukova - 29 years old - 183cm
    # 16 - Voronkova - 22 years old - 190cm
    # 18 - Ilchenko - 23 years old - 183cm
    # 19 - Biryukova - 23 years - 193cm
    # 22 - Yurinskaya - 22 years - 195cm
    # 23 - Russu - 18 years - 194cm
    # 26 - Shevchuk - 18 years - 182cm

LIBEROS

# 2 - Talysheva - 26 years - 182cm
    # 9 - Galkina - 25 years - 178cm
    # 15 - Gorbacheva - 23 years old - 174cm
    # 24 - Kurnosova - 21 years old - 176cm

Source - Russian Volleyball Federation: http://www.volley.ru/news/17584/

• Scherban is playing good in Moscow atm and I honestly would have taken her instead of Kutyukova who can't kill the ball to save her life. Even Ilchenko is a liability in the passing and at least Scherban can help somewhat in reception. Voronkova will arguably be OH1 with the absence of Kosheleva. I wonder how will the reception looks like, it seems Malova has retired and Kryuchkova has decided not to be back after returning to NT last year.

• Scherban is playing good in Moscow atm and I honestly would have taken her instead of Kutyukova who can't kill the ball to save her life. Even Ilchenko is a liability in the passing and at least Scherban can help somewhat in reception. Voronkova will arguably be OH1 with the absence of Kosheleva. I wonder how will the reception looks like, it seems Malova has retired and Kryuchkova has decided not to be back after returning to NT last year.

I think Pankov is resting her for the WCH.

Last year, she barely played which was bad management on the part of the coaches. That roster spot could've been given to someone else and it would've helped a younger OH find an experience in international tournaments at a higher level than the youth brackets.

This is good for everyone and it's nice to see Kotikova even as listed as opposite. It really doesn't matter because Russia doesn't need another opposite when you have Goncharova. I hope they play her as receiving opposite. Maybe Goncharova can play as OH if they need a stronger and taller left side hitter/blocker.

#FreeBritney

• Goncharova will skip the Volleyball Nations League. She wants to rest after a long and tiring season.

I don't blame her really, and now with the absence of Kosheleva she will be overused to hell and back good thing she will be rested. Since Malykh has retuned to NT, I hope she becomes the main OPP for Russian NT at VNL.

• Russian roster for the VLN is finalized.

S:
    Elena Novik
    Tatyana Romanova
    Darya Ryseva

OPP:
    Anna Kotikova
    Natalya Malykh
    Darya Malygina

MB:
    Yuliya Brovkina
    Ekaterina Efimova
    Angelina Lazarenko
    Ekaterina Lyubuskhina
    Anastasiya Samoylenko
    Irina Fetisova

OH:
    Olga Biryukova
    Irina Voronkova
    Yuliya Kutyukova
    Kseniya Parubets
    Tatyana Yurinskaya

L:
    Alla Galkina
    Viktoriya Gorbacheva
    Kristina Kurnosova
    Darya Talysehva

• I don't know much about Russian liberos. do they have anyone else as good as her?

• I don't know much about Russian liberos. do they have anyone else as good as her?

I think Malova is one of the best liberos around. From what I see in the Russian Superleague (which is not a lot I admit), I don’t think any Russian is on her level.