Russian NT 2018

• Russia had very successful results at recent youth and junior competitions. How come any of these youngsters do not play? :aww:

• I disagree with this.

Vetrova and Startseva are almost similar setters. Double substitution would be useless and Malygina is terrible. What use would she have in WCH? Romanova played well for the crew that she had. It's impossible to win the games without Goncharova and we are leaving her behind just to have the Dinamo Moscow team that had no competition after Vasileva had a shoulder injury?

Efimova? No Parubets? I'm sick. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Maybe I lost something, but there are no possibilities for Kosheleva to come back for WCH?

From what I read, she won't have enough time to recover from her injury and train for WCH. Voronkova can somehow take her role in the team as offensive OH.

• From what I read, she won't have enough time to recover from her injury and train for WCH. Voronkova can somehow take her role in the team as offensive OH.

Voronkova is not on the level of Kosheleva at attacking but she is already better at reception than Kosheleva. So far, Voronkova used her chances to shine better than Prubets

• With the way Lyubushkina is playing atm, I think she has secured her spot for WCH if not as starting MB, she is a good bench player or as serving sub. In hindsight, I’m glad Goncharova decided to skip VNL entirely I can only imagine she would be overworked more than the usual good fortitude by her and the coach.

Speaking of Russian liberos, I wonder who is Russia’s best alternative to Malova if they go the two libero route. In my opinion, Kryuchkova needs to be invited back for WCH to stabilize the passing.

• What I need to say that I really like Voronkova, that girl has HUUGE potential. I just hope She will not stay in Russian league her whole life. I'm very interested how She would play in team with faster game and with more option in attack. Her performance in Kazan was great when She had Vasileva and Mammadova next to her and even without Vasileva She step up her game.

She can become even better player than Kosheleva when it comes to OH position because not only that She can attack but She can recive, She can serve. It is early to say this but like I said She has potential it is on her how good She will become.

But I don't how will Russia look if they decide to put Voronkova and Kosheleva as starter OHs....

• I think Russia needs Yana Scherban as an all around-ish OH back... i like Parubets but Scherban always feels more reliable to me then her.

I think I would bring Voronkova, Kosheleva, Scherban and Parubets as OHs

Biryukova and the other one is pointless if I'm honest, Russia needs to develop at least 1 really good defensive OH in the near future!

• I think the core should be Dinamo Moscow players as they had somewhat good result in CL. Goncharova should still be the main scoring option, they just need someone to help her carry the load. I also think Russia's block-defence is worse now than it was when Marichev was managing the team. I remember Russia's roster in WC 15 was pretty competitive, but in hindisght Kosheleva still had her stellar attack back then and of course Malova made the difference in defence.

• Goncharova in her interview mentioned about they will play in Switzerland (Volley Masters) and Netherlands before World Championships. Does anyone know what kind of tournament will arrange in Netherlands? ?(

Yes there is! :thumbsup: It's a friendly tournament called the rabobank super series. It is held from 7 to 12 august. The participating teams are Turkey, Italy, Russia and the Netherlands. Each team will play against each other in the groupe stage, after that they play the finals.

• Any ideas if Zaryazhko will be joining the team?

• Zaryazkho/Koroleva will certainly be part of WCH roster, she and Fetisova has been Russia's starting MB since EuroVolley 2015 so no surprises there unless she develops an injury.

Speaking of recovering from injuries, I don't think Kosheleva will be at her optimum level even if she manages to train and be part of the WCH roster. Her decline in her performance started in late-2016, and her attack became only worse in 2017 way before her injury so I don't think it's a realistic idea to assume she will have the attacking efficiency she had in the past. Voronkova may not reach Kosheleva when the latter was at her peak, but she is slowly improving. With Goncharova + Voronkova, Russia will still be competitive in the wings.

• The new preparation cycle has started. In the training camp there are:
    Setters: Startseva, Romanova, Ryseva
    Middles: Samoylenko, Koroleva (Zaryazhko), Fetisova, Efimova, Lyubushkina, Lazarenko
    OH: Parubets, Voronkova, Kutyukova. Biryukova, Kotikova, Krotkova
    OPP: Goncharova, Malykh
    Libero: Galkina, Talysheva

• The new preparation cycle has started. In the training camp there are:
    Setters: Startseva, Romanova, Ryseva
    Middles: Samoylenko, Koroleva (Zaryazhko), Fetisova, Efimova, Lyubushkina, Lazarenko
    OH: Parubets, Voronkova, Kutyukova. Biryukova, Kotikova, Krotkova
    OPP: Goncharova, Malykh
    Libero: Galkina, Talysheva

No Scherban? At least Krotkova/Khodunova was invited she is a good replacement for Scherban. I hope Biryukova does not make it to the final roster. And finally no Malygina you will not be missed :wavy:

• Really surprised not to see Shcherban. I think she's one of those very few russian players who's a bit more stable in reception. ?(

• I don't watch a lot of Russian NT but I've always liked Shcherban and her stoic expression.