Italian NT 2018

• Here is the list of the 28 players called to Italian NT.

These 28 players will be divided into two groups: the Senior team and the young "2020 team"(which includes all the young Italian talents who can be senior in Tokyo2020 for the Olympics).

Setters: Malinov, Orro, Cambi, Di Iulio

Opposites: Egonu, Ortolani, Nicoletti, Nwakalor

Middle Blockers: Chirichella, Folie, Danesi, Bonifacio, Olivotto, Berti, Botezat, Lubian, Fahr

Outside Hitters: Lucia Bosetti, Gennari, Sylla, Mingardi, Guerra, Pietrini, Degradi

Liberos: De Gennaro, Parrocchiale, Spirito, De Bortoli

There is not Diouf (her choice?), Sorokaite and for obvious reasons Caterina Bosetti. Also Tirozzi and Loda are missing.

Ortolani is back.

• I'm glad Gennari and Ortolani are back for now, sorry Diouf isn't there, but I think it's her choice because Mazzanti wanted her last year.

Shame, out of curiosity, what would have made the list interesting? Do you expected something different?

Anyway Mazzanti also said that for the next years will be crucial for the girls to play a lot in their club, otherwise they'll probably won't be considered. He will explain that to the girls, so it will be in them.

• I really hope Lucia stays healthy.

I am surprised Tirozzi isn't listed. Egonu is unfortunately their best italian left and right side attacker and having Tirozzi there will bring more options to play as a receiving opposite instead of taking Guerra who had a bad season in Casalmaggiore. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I agree with Mazzanti's calls: I don't know what's up with Diouf, every year there's something going on with her. I'm happy Ortolani is back, she can be very precious, as well as Gennari.
    It is also correct that Mazzanti said that the girls have to play! They are young, they need to gain experience.
    Waiting for Cate :rose:

• I thought the coach said once he would not be part of the NT until Ortolani was already retired...

• Di Iulio

I've never watched her, is there something special about her? She is not that young neither :teach:

I don't see why Shame finds ITA boring. They have 3 very gifted setter, best opposite in the world after Boskoviç, 4 very strong MBs and one of the best liberos in the world. I can only agree that their OH position is 'boring'. Even there, Bosetti could be very useful in a system with a strong attacker OH. A team consisting of Orro-Egonu-Chirichella-Folie-L. Bosetti-Ortolani-De Gennaro can play very interesting volleyball :box:

• What do you mean boring OH position?
    Lucia Bosetti, I think her technical skills are always very nice to watch, there's sth about her game that appeals me :D

• What do you mean boring OH position?
    Lucia Bosetti, I think her technical skills are always very nice to watch, there's sth about her game that appeals me :D

I meant there is no spectacular players in that position such as Ting or Kosheleva. I've already mentioned that Bosetti could be useful in a system with an attacking OH such as De la cruz or Plak.

• Guerra? Really? :whistle:

Yeah, later on and reading other posts I realized it would have been more useful to bring Tirozzi instead of Guerra, but on the other hand I feel it's right not to cut out Guerra right away after a bad season in a team that practically never work for the whole season as well. Especially considering that after Sylla she may be considered our only other attack OHs, at least until the girls from Club Italia will develop (may be even this summer, who knows). Among the latter also Enwenouwou (I spelled it wrong for sure...) has to be theoretically added to the list (she played as OH with CI), but since she was out for a long period and for a severe injury I can understand that she wasn't called, unfortunately.

• I've never watched her, is there something special about her? She is not that young neither :teach:

I don't think she's any special. AFAIK it was her first season in A1 and except for a few matches she was clearly 2nd setter behind Carlini. I guess she deserves a chance more than Signorile or Camera who seem lost cases, but I don't see her beating out any of Malinov-Orro-Cambi.

• Gennari deserves to be in the national team!She played very good this seazon in Serie A1

• I really hope Lucia stays healthy.

I am surprised Tirozzi isn't listed. Egonu is unfortunately their best italian left and right side attacker and having Tirozzi there will bring more options to play as a receiving opposite instead of taking Guerra who had a bad season in Casalmaggiore. :white:

Actually I think Ortolani could be tried as receiving OPP with Egonu attacking OH and Gennari/Bosetti receiving OH.

Otherwise I'd like to see Egonu OPP and Pietrini as attacking OH instead of Sylla, who is not a reliable player at all. Guerra had a nightmarish season, and Mingardi was not really convincing as OH unfortunately. So I would try Pietrini, she is very unexperienced but I think she is already better than those 3 mentioned above. :super:

• I think we're quite weak on OH position, but we have some balanced players such as Boleti sisters or Gennari that can allow us to use our MBs a lot. More over players like Ortolani or Sulla can be an improvement in attack. Ortolani from this point of view is a great addition: she has experience on the international level, and she can be used also as OH!!

• Ortolani from this point of view is a great addition: she has experience on the international level, and she can be used also as OH!!

I think she said she doesn't want to play OH anymore. And her husband knows that. So either as receiving OPP or pure OPP.