You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Favourite Team: Foppapedretti Bergamo Marmi Lanza Verona

Favourite Players: Lo Bianco Piccinini Cardullo Ortolani

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 4:37pm

Ortolani from this point of view is a great addition: she has experience on the international level, and she can be used also as OH!!
I think she said she doesn't want to play OH anymore. And her husband knows that. So either as receiving OPP or pure OPP.

Yes, I remember. Let's say that she can help in reception, or maybe she can change her mind :whistle: anyway last year Mazzanti was waiting for Diouf in order to use her as OPP and switch Egonu to her original OH position, but this wasn't possible for Valentina's injury. Maybe this year there will be more occasions with Serena!

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 8:23pm

I really hope Lucia stays healthy.

I am surprised Tirozzi isn't listed. Egonu is unfortunately their best italian left and right side attacker and having Tirozzi there will bring more options to play as a receiving opposite instead of taking Guerra who had a bad season in Casalmaggiore. :white:
Actually I think Ortolani could be tried as receiving OPP with Egonu attacking OH and Gennari/Bosetti receiving OH.

Otherwise I'd like to see Egonu OPP and Pietrini as attacking OH instead of Sylla, who is not a reliable player at all. Guerra had a nightmarish season, and Mingardi was not really convincing as OH unfortunately. So I would try Pietrini, she is very unexperienced but I think she is already better than those 3 mentioned above. :super:

id like to see what Pietrini can do with Italian NT..i havent watched her a lot however i feel she can be the new Piccinini of this NT..agree with me ?
maybe her passing isnt/may not as good as Piccinini's ??
meso mi ra se beno...