Italian NT 2018

• Young players can burn out if they are overused. The FIVB schedule is ridiculous this year, I wouldn’t blame any player for wanting a rest after a long, hard season.

• OK, but every player is different. Maybe Egonu is really tired, maybe Danesi has a small injury. I’m sure Mazzanti has the best interests of the team for the WCH in mind.

• Guerra played a lot in Pomì at the beginning, and look were that brought Pomì... (of course it wasn't only her fault, but she wasn't innocent as well..)
    Last year was way better imho, for what I've seen.

I totally agree, she had a big chance to prove herself and she failed miserably. She's one of the biggest disappointments of the season in general, IMO.
    Otherwise, I think most of the other young players (except maybe for Bonifacio who was pretty much sidelined the entire time) made a very good account of themselves every time they got a chance to play.

• LLOYD
    No live streaming unfortunately, even if at the beginning it was scheduled.

About resting the players that played the Scudetto final, I wonder how that could work with the silly 6-players-from-the-OG obligation: with Gennari and Folie out, we have only Orro, Sylla, Danesi, Moki, Egonu, Chirichella, Ortolani.
    And since 4 of them played the Scudetto final, how can Mazzanti have all of them rest at the same time, until the 4th week end? Shouldn't he bring 6 OG players each week end?

Curiously, Blengini will do the opposite: since the VNL is so soon, he will use the finalists at the beginning to take advantages of their 'final-fit status', and then will let them rest and use the players that are in vacation now. But I think 'resting' means mostly 'staying on the bench', due to the silly rule above (so, 6 among Juantorena, Zaytsev, Colaci, Lanza, Giannelli, Rossini and Antonov have to be there each week end, as far as I understood).

Congrats to Fahr, Pietrini, and Lubian! But I guess it was a first also for Mingardi and Olivotto, wasn't it? While Degradi didn't entered the court at all (as Orro and Spirito) so I'm not sure this one counts...

• About resting the players that played the Scudetto final, I wonder how that could work with the silly 6-players-from-the-OG obligation: with Gennari and Folie out, we have only Orro, Sylla, Danesi, Moki, Egonu, Chirichella, Ortolani.
    And since 4 of them played the Scudetto final, how can Mazzanti have all of them rest at the same time, until the 4th week end? Shouldn't he bring 6 OG players each week end?

I didn't know this rule. Maybe you just need to have 6 players in the wide roster. I don't like this rule :down:

Congrats to Fahr, Pietrini, and Lubian! But I guess it was a first also for Mingardi and Olivotto, wasn't it?

You're right,I forgot them,in this young group they look old to me :gone: Congrats to them as well :rose:

• Young players can burn out if they are overused. The FIVB schedule is ridiculous this year, I wouldn’t blame any player for wanting a rest after a long, hard season.

Fabris (FIPAV president) complained about the same thing. He said he a meeting with the presidents of the most important european Federations. It's ridiculus NT season lasts more than the club season. There is no rest at all. Injuries increase every day. Even the youngest ones aren't perfectly fit nowdays. FIPAV even wanted all the italian teams out of the CEV competitions for the 2018-19 if nothing changed... :whistle:

• Fabris (FIPAV president) complained about the same thing. He said he a meeting with the presidents of the most important european Federations. It's ridiculus NT season lasts more than the club season. There is no rest at all. Injuries increase every day. Even the youngest ones aren't perfectly fit nowdays. FIPAV even wanted all the italian teams out of the CEV competitions for the 2018-19 if nothing changed... :whistle:

First of all, at least for me the club season is too long, not the NT one. We have a bunch of really annoying events like World club championships. At least CL last shorter now. The NT season is not so long, it's just WNL and WCH which is not a lot, the case is, the WNL should start after at least one month break. If it was scheduled in July it would be good at teams would have a lot of time to prepare for WCH.

• Fabris (FIPAV president) complained about the same thing. He said he a meeting with the presidents of the most important european Federations. It's ridiculus NT season lasts more than the club season. There is no rest at all. Injuries increase every day. Even the youngest ones aren't perfectly fit nowdays. FIPAV even wanted all the italian teams out of the CEV competitions for the 2018-19 if nothing changed...
    First of all, at least for me the club season is too long, not the NT one. We have a bunch of really annoying events like World club championships. At least CL last shorter now. The NT season is not so long, it's just WNL and WCH which is not a lot, the case is, the WNL should start after at least one month break. If it was scheduled in July it would be good at teams would have a lot of time to prepare for WCH.

TRue !

• I just watched Elena Pietrini in Italy NT. Very soon if She keeps improving, She will become one of the best OHs in Italy :white:

To bad that non of the big clubs in Italy didn't signed her, but still She will play in Club Italy as Egonu for her first season in Seria A and after next season We will see how good She is.

• I just watched Elena Pietrini in Italy NT. Very soon if She keeps improving, She will become one of the best OHs in Italy :white:

To bad that non of the big clubs in Italy didn't signed her, but still She will play in Club Italy as Egonu for her first season in Seria A and after next season We will see how good She is.

She signed with Scandicci already, but she will remain in Club Italia 1 more year on a kind of loan..

• Her reception is not bad at all, and she is only 18years old. Reception is something that you are improving with your age so I'm not afraid about that at all.

Smart move by Scandicci.

• Her reception is not bad at all, and she is only 18years old. Reception is something that you are improving with your age so I'm not afraid about that at all.

Smart move by Scandicci.

Do you think that Mazzanti didn't know how to use Pietrini? I think she had position mistakes. If coach who are able to show her how to choose right position and I think her reception can be better than now's :whistle: