Italian NT 2018

• I remember even last year Bosetti sisters who are able to receive balls with less mistakes, which they both made many mistakes on reception. I think Italy mainly had problem with reception because of coach didn't show them right place of court they had to stand and receive balls :whistle: they can do mistakes but so many mistakes aren't acceptable

• I really don`t like this Italian coach. He always has come weird choices and the Italians always look unprepared. I understand they did not have a lot of time to practice and this group is really young, but every team faced the same challenges and even Turkey had young girls and they still showed much better volleyball ....but the difference is that Guidetii is a great coach while the Italian is not. ... Even in the ECH they played bad as they were not prepared.

Guerra played well and she still has potential...but NT is a reward for the players who had a great season... so what makes he think Guerra deserves to be playing?? If anything he should have Pietrini played every game if when she`s not doing well.....he knew Italy would loose all 3 games.

And if Guerra has potential...Then her club should keep her on the court instead of signing some foreigner that comes in and plays even worst.

Firs and foremost I was surprised of Peitrini`s athleticism....I can not think of any other Italian OH over 1.90...Guerra is the only that comes close. So yeah Italy must invest everything they can on her....Lubian is really good already, she just needs to work on her blocking skills, she even ready for Seria A ( not just Club Italia)....and they still have Botzeat ( but this one spend a season on the bench and seams like she will be spending another one)....

cant wait to see Egonu back.

I remember even last year Bosetti sisters who are able to receive balls with less mistakes, which they both made many mistakes on reception. I think Italy mainly had problem with reception because of coach didn't show them right place of court they had to stand and receive balls :whistle: they can do mistakes but so many mistakes aren't acceptable

• I think even Egonu will not help Italy anymore in this case which Italy try to work on reception, defence. Even I have to note that their serve is not good at all. There are many mistakes on serve too. He kept Sylla and Guerra at the same time on court, it is really funny. Didn't Mazzanti understand that all of his opponents find their weak points and they mostly served over Sylla and yesterday if I was not wrong Sylla made three mistakes on reception at the same time and USA regularly choose her on reception to force. Sylla is not a player you can trust on reception, even in Bergamo she mostly get changed by coach. If to be honest Guerra is better than Sylla at least she can kill balls. Even bring Sylla there is big mistake. I didn't understand why didn't he give a chance to Degradi? Ortolani was really good in Monza. I think Italy team didn't train more, they were not ready to fight with their opponents. If they got a good coach, even without Chirichella, Egonu, Bosetti they had to play much more better than now's. Italy made unacceptable mistakes on serve, reception, defence. After losing game 0-3 against Netherlands in ECH, they had to change coach because he still didnt do anything for satisfaction. Their reception is awful, defence is not good, serve with many mistakes and during three days they didn't improve anything. Sylla was better on reception when Bonitta was a coach. Let's wait for WCH and hope Mazzanti will do something to surprise us :whistle:

• Yeah reception was Italy's main problem,you just can't have Guerra,Sylla or Pietrini all together on court. I'm not a huge fan of Bosetti C.,but we should receive better with her on court next week.
    I liked Lubian too. Her attacking is already very good and she's just 18,she will be our next Gioli imo :super:

• Yeah reception was Italy's main problem,you just can't have Guerra,Sylla or Pietrini all together on court. I'm not a huge fan of Bosetti,but we should receive better with her on court next week.
    I liked Lubian too. Her attacking is already very good and she's just 18,she will be our next Gioli imo :super:

I don't judge Italian players. I know they could play much more stronger than now's. I really don't like Mazzanti in this team :whistle: even without Egonu, Chirichella and Bosetti they had to play much better than now's.

• I carefully watched games. Coaches like Guidetti, Parisi they always showed their players where they had to serve and I didn't see such things from Mazzanti, his team played pointless

• Italy played without Egonu, Chirichella, Folie, the Bosetti sisters and De Gennaro, what are you guys expecting? This is basically an entirely new team with a bunch of newcomers and youngsters, they won't work miracles right out of the gate, especially against the strong competition they faced. Mazzanti took the main squad to the final of the GP last year and I believe he's the right fit for the team.

• Italy played without Egonu, Chirichella, Folie, the Bosetti sisters and De Gennaro, what are you guys expecting? This is basically an entirely new team with a bunch of newcomers and youngsters, they won't work miracles right out of the gate, especially against the strong competition they faced. Mazzanti took the main squad to the final of the GP last year and I believe he's the right fit for the team.

Turkish and Belgian players were young too. It is not something about she or anything. Italy even with Chirichella, Egonu and etc will not play well because of their coach. Let's see :whistle:

• Chirichella, Egonu and etc will not play well because of their coach.

The same that brought us to the WGP silver medal at his first attempt with a renewed team, you mean? :P

I watched the first two set vs Turkey and the second vs Poland, there were good things and several bad things, but I wasn't expecting that much, also because the 4-fast-attack-solutions it's an hard system to embrace, even if you've already played it (and many didn't, also among the 'oldest'). Still, I was a bit disappointed for the defeat vs Poland.
    Guerra (for me, surprisingly) and Lubian looked like the most constant/good of the week, imho.
    Ortolani probably the biggest disappointment, but I still love her :heart:

Anyway, I think the idea is to play with Lucia + Egonu, an 'attack' OH (Sylla? Guerra? Mingardi? Well, that's what we have, we'll have to make it work...) and good MBs. Imho Lubian may make it to the WCh for this, if Folie won't come back in time.

• Italy won silver medal of WHO because of China, Serbia and USA didn't interest to win WGP. This year we have WCH let's see what Italy NT are gonna do :whistle: WCH are tournament where teams always play with main team and main power, let's see what Italy will do in WCH :wavy:

• Actually, I don't think there's any coach that can make this Italy stronger than China, Serbia or USA... (and for 'be stronger' I don't mean 'happen to win a match sometimes', which is always possible despite the difference of strength).

We simply don't have good enough OHs, imho (unfortunately).
    And in general we probably have only 2 real top players, Moki and Egonu (even if she still makes a lot of errors), plus good/very good MBs and good/decent setters.

Still, I do believe last summer – before all the struggle of the ECh – we achieved more than I thought we valued on paper, and imho we managed to do that thanks to Mazzanti system.
    The problem, imho, is: do we have enough player able to properly embrace it? (beside the starting six, I mean, and without Cate Bosetti we're also less balanced).

• I would put Folie and L. Bosetti on this list top players with Egonu and De Gennaro. Bosetti is not great attacker but volleyball is much more than only attack. Her defence skills and reception put her with many top players. Especially now when you don't have so much all around OH this days in women's volleyball.

If Pietrini develops in to very good OH, Italy will for sure fight for some big things at Olympics.

• Well, I told my opinion before. I still think Italian players are really good, their coach is weak on my mind. I don't think we have to discuss it more before watching their game in WCH. Let's see :wavy:

• Turkish and Belgian players were young too. It is not something about she or anything. Italy even with Chirichella, Egonu and etc will not play well because of their coach. Let's see :whistle:

I don't agree with the comparison to Turkey at all.. Malinov is better and more experienced than Vansu, that's true.. But Seyma and Meliha are 23 and 24 and they've been playing for the NT, junior, senior, and also for their clubs on a pretty high level.. Eda Erdem, no need to talk about her. Meryem Boz is 30, she hasn't been introduced to the international scene until last year, but has played for Fenerbahce, and numerous other strong clubs. Zehra did really, really well, but was also replaced by the more experienced Kubra.. So Italian team is much less experienced and younger than Turkey

• Malinov played in Bergamo, Imoco and she played in youth NT of Italy. She played last year in WGP. Ortolani I don't need to introduce her to volleyball fans. Miriam Sylla is a player of Bergamo. She already played many games in NT, it is not her first year. Olivotto is 27 years old and she played in Pesaro in Serie A1 not young. Guerra had been invited to NT since 2016. Even She played in European Games in 2015 too. She is 22 years old and she played in Pomi and sitting in bench is not an excuse. About Lubian and Pietrini I am totally agreed with you. But anyway Turkey have Zehra who is also a young player too. I had wrote in second page Turkey are a hidden fave team( because of their coach). I still think the same. Well, let's wait and see WCH this year. If Egonu, Bosetti, Folie and Chirichella, Genaro will change something, then I will take my words back. Let's wait and see :wavy:

• I think Olivotto is not NT material, I liked her in Pesaro,but she has 10/37 (27%) in attack and just 6 blocks :down: not to mention Ortolani,who was basically the worst spiker with 58/186 (31%) but at least she redeemed herself today...

I'm already in love with Lubian :heart: she's a rising star and will be soon a world-class mb, Folie won't be very missed imo

• Play every game with Egonu it is not a solution, they will need Ortolani in WCH. I still think Ortolani is a good player, indeed but about Olivotto I'm totally agreed. Ortolani have at least more experience if Malinov plays with Ortolani like today, they can do a great job together. Ortolani need a ball which she must feel herself comfortable to attack, she like playing fast, when Malinov provides her with fast and rightly passing balls Ortolani can be more useful. In WCH, they don't need to play every game with Egonu, if their opponent is not strong they can use Ortolani too. After Russian NT, I am rooting for Italy NT :| especially my love to Italian volleyball came with Piccinini and Zaytsev :win: