Serbian NT 2018

• Terzic is pathetic. He`s talking trash about FIVB saying they will get injured because they are playing for 5 weeks?.... Well Mihajlovic is already injured and Boskovic will get injured because of the amount of balls they get.... :wall: and there`s simply no reason for that.

These 2 games without Mihajlovic we were able to see the reason they don`t use the middles is not because of reception.....Milenkovic and Blagojevic both received and did a nice job....and still every set was for Boskovic. The funny thing is that Blagojevic was still getting a lot of sets just like Mihajlovic would. :obey:
    What Zivkovic did in that 4th set against Italy was simply embarrassing......and today against D.Republic :hit: ....u don`t need Boskovic against them....that is the game that you try to run the middles as much as u can and work on that connection.

But of course that won`t ever happen...In that friendly against Bulgaria Boskovic score 30 points while the middles 2 or 3. What`s the point here? u use games like this to work on the connection with the middles.

Remember the WCH qualifier that Boskovic was the only one getting balls? Terzic`s excuse was that they wanted to get it done quickly and setting Boskovic would just do it.
    GP was the same thing only setting Mihjlovic and Boskovic then they lost to Brazil.....and the excuse was that ECH was the only priority.
    ECH.....same thing.....Boskovic - Boskovic - Boskovic .....excuse here was that Boskovic was in her best shape....so no need to use anyone else.

I feel bad for calling Zivkovic out because clearly this is Terzic`s plan....And he must be a foolish if he thinks Serbia will win anything with only setting Boskovic-Mihajlovic.

Boskovic is already running out of gas....

• I feel bad for calling Zivkovic out because clearly this is Terzic`s plan....And he must be a foolish if he thinks Serbia will win anything with only setting Boskovic-Mihajlovic.

They have already won a lot with this set-up, OG silver? :whistle:

• But that is not Terzić's plan. He always insists on varied play and setting to the MBs, in off- court interviews and in-game timeouts. Always. He was furious after the game vs Italy saying a team that relies only on one single player doesn't deserve to win.
    The problems is that the setters currently cannot perform. Živković's connection with her MBs has always been shaky, right now it's downright tragic. Some of her sets in the match vs Dominican Republic were simply embarrassing. Antonijević seems to have a good natural connection with Stevanović (perhaps even better than Maja did, as she never quite knew how to set to Jovana, IMO), but needs a lot of work with the others.
    And in general, both are underperforming. If they keep it up like this, perhaps it would be the best to start investing more in Mirković and hope she develops.

• Awful news: Brankica Mihajlović needs to undergo a minor knee surgery and will definitely be out for the rest of the VLN. Fortunately, she should be ready to play by WCh.

Obviously this is a very big blow to Serbia's chances and I don't think they'll win a medal now. Still, if there's something good about this, is that the rest of the team will now be forced to learn to manage without her and try out some new things. Maybe they'll figure something out.

• That sucks...I hope she was not playing while already injured...nobody should play even if it is a minor injury. I feel bad for Boskovic she will he hitting close to 100 balls every game... and I don`t think they will change anything....

Today Zivkovic lost them another game....She clearly did not learn anything from the game against Italy as she did the same thing in the 3rd set tonight....unbelievable how a 30 years old player can do that.

Teriz gotta let her go...I was thinking she could bring experience once she has been part of the team for a long time...but when you loose a game because of the setter that is a big problem. Does she truly think Blagojevic can hit that high with a giant block in front of her?? :obey:
    Zivkovic and Anna are basically the same player right now....and I don`t even see a fight in their eyes fighting for the starting position, they are both playing like they don`t ever care. So I guess is better to have Mirkovic as the backup setter at least she will gain experience and can take over after 2020.

Boskovic needs some guidance right now.. She has been getting blocked way too many times, she needs to learn how to play smart.

• The plan should now be to use 2 good receiving OHs and to use the MBs as the main attackers other than Boskovic. Serbia have the world’s best OPP and an incredible level of MBs, so they should still be able to compete with anyone even without Mihajlovic. On the evidence of what we have seen this week though... :S . Yeah, looks like a medal is too much to ask for right now.

• Bošković, Veljković, Silvija Popović and Antonijević won't be going to Argentina, as well as Terzić.
    Mirković, Buša, Lozo, Jovičić and Lazović join the team.

Glad to know Bošković can take some rest and recompose herself. The number of swings and errors she made this week is terrifying (135 swings , 21 errors amd gpt blocked 17 times against Italy and NED combined). It is frustrating to see they could have won the games but couldn't take them cos the setter always went to Bošković even though there were better options that could score. How Bošković smashes almost every ball so hard worries me....

And the team needs to work on the defense and passing. I find them having a hard time digging those tips from their opponents.

• It should be enough for Argentina and Korea. I just wish they weren't playing USA first, they're going to get slaughtered and it might affect their morale.
    Apart from the setters' performance and Mihajlović's injury, another worrying thing is Veljković's form. She hasn't played a single really good match in these four weeks.

• the same as last year but the matches will be two:
    June 20 in Nantong and June 24 in Changshu, both in Jiangsu Province

In the photo of the ad, Mihajlovic and Zhang Chang-ning both in it but in theory, they may not participate in the two matches.

Images

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I think MILENKOVIĆ was the biggest breakout in the VNL. ( I won`t say Smarzek because anyone who actually have seen her playing before already knew how good she is).

I was really curios to see where she would be playing next season.... but how STUPID can she be to have agreed to play her first season as a backup for a player like Vasileva... :wall: .....Add the foreigner rule ( Haak - Adenizia - Stevanovic - Vasileva) That means she can`t even replace Boseti unless they send either Adenizia/Stevanovic to the bench......She will get absolutely 0 playing time.

She could easily signed with a smaller club .....Italy/Turkey/Poland and be a full time starter or at least having a decent chance to take the starting sport...but against Vasileva??? Come on girl...u gotta be smarter than than.

• Today Zivkovic lost them another game.
    ...She clearly did not learn anything from the game against Italy as she did the same thing in the 3rd set tonight....unbelievable how a 30 years old player can do that.

Teriz gotta let her go...I was thinking she could bring experience once she has been part of the team for a long time...but when you loose a game because of the setter that is a big problem.

:mad: :hit: :aww: :wacko: ;( ............If I already knew this ....Terzic should have known as well.

Unfortunately he will sticky with her until Tokyo.... good thing that you guys think the ECH is such a big deal because that is the only tournament Serbia might have a chance in winning ......This floppy game they are running won`t get them anywhere.

Remember when Terzic said during the WCH qualification tournament that he wanted to win it quickly and the way to do was to ride with Boskovic??? so yeah even against those super weak teams they would only set her....and here were are 2 years later and nothing has changed yet. :wall:

This elimination is absolutely embarrassing. :gone:

• I think MILENKOVIĆ was the biggest breakout in the VNL. ( I won`t say Smarzek because anyone who actually have seen her playing before already knew how good she is).

I was really curios to see where she would be playing next season.... but how STUPID can she be to have agreed to play her first season as a backup for a player like Vasileva... :wall: .....Add the foreigner rule ( Haak - Adenizia - Stevanovic - Vasileva) That means she can`t even replace Boseti unless they send either Adenizia/Stevanovic to the bench......She will get absolutely 0 playing time.

She could easily signed with a smaller club .....Italy/Turkey/Poland and be a full time starter or at least having a decent chance to take the starting sport...but against Vasileva??? Come on girl...u gotta be smarter than than.

Oh really? :S During last two matches she didn't show anything big. Even she was mine of points in reception for the opponents. I liked her much more the last season. Now when a lot of reposnibility was laid on her arms, she failed. But she is still young and will be better.

• I like Milenkovic and can see potential in her even when she is so tragic sometimes as vs USA, I believe she will improve a lot.

With that said to me biggest breakout would go to players like: Smarzek, Zehra Gunes, Pietrini, Kakolewska, Ozbay,, Voronkova maybe Herbots
    With Smarzek prolly at nr1 we knew she was good already indeed but she showed she can be part of the elite squad this time not that she's just good

• Unfortunately he will sticky with her until Tokyo.... good thing that you guys think the ECH is such a big deal because that is the only tournament Serbia might have a chance in winning ......This floppy game they are running won`t get them anywhere.

Remember when Terzic said during the WCH qualification tournament that he wanted to win it quickly and the way to do was to ride with Boskovic??? so yeah even against those super weak teams they would only set her....and here were are 2 years later and nothing has changed yet. :wall:

This elimination is absolutely embarrassing. :gone:

If Serbia still stick with Zivkovic until Tokyo. I'm not sure if Serbia would even qualify for the OG. Maybe I'm wrong, but looking at her performances on the court, she just doesn't seem like a highly motivated person to me. After all these matches in the preliminary round, her connections are still terrible. Rasic could rarely hit the balls hard...and she still hasn't improved the quality of her sets...I'm curious to know how Terzic train the setters.....

Boskovic seems to have more down times this year, making lots of errors especially during crucial points. It reminds me of her rookie days. She needs to find ways to control her nerves and play smarter . I can't fully blamed her though looking at the terrible balls set to her :wall:

I hope Terzic will make some tactical changes after VNL. WIth Boskovic/Mihajlovic have already been well-studied by other teams, you need a plan B or C to win the games. (I won't get my hopes up the changes though) They need to work on their defence, reception and passing, like I have always said. They are probably the weakest in all these elements among the top tier teams.

• We should stop blaming the setters (Ana/Zivkovic) for the attacking performance of Rasic and Veljkovic.. Rasic's attack has been declining since a few years ago, and in Vakof she wasn't that great too.. playing with Naz and Cansu.. It's obvious Veljkovic is in a pretty bad shape since the start of this competition. I think Stevanovic performance is okay, although she has never been as great with the NT as she has been for her club..
    I do agree, Antonijevic and Zivkovic are not doing a good job so far, but they aren't to blame for the performance of the middles