Usa Nt 2018

• The list came out today.

Women’s National Team Preliminary Roster for FIVB Volleyball Nations League
    # - Player (Position, Height, College, Hometown)
    1 – Micha Hancock (S, 5-11, Penn State, Edmond, Oklahoma)
    3 – Carli Lloyd (S, 5-11, California, Bonsall, California)
    4 – Justine Wong-Orantes (L, 5-6, Nebraska, Cypress, California)
    5 – Rachael Adams (M, 6-2, Texas, Cincinnati, Ohio)
    6 – Tori Dixon (M, 6-3, Minnesota, Burnsville, Minnesota)
    7 – Lauren Carlini (S, 6-2, Wisconsin, Aurora, Illinois)
    8 – Lauren Gibbemeyer (M, 6-2, Minnesota, St. Paul, Minnesota)
    9 – Madi Kingdon (OH, 6-1, Arizona, Hermosa Beach, California)
    10 – Jordan Larson (OH, 6-2, Nebraska, Hooper, Nebraska)
    11 – Annie Drews (OPP, 6-4, Purdue, Elkhart, Indiana)
    12 – Kelly Murphy (OPP, 6-2, Florida, Wilmington, Illinois)
    13 – Sarah Wilhite (OH, 6-1, Minnesota, Eden Prairie, Minnesota)
    14 – Michelle Bartsch-Hackley (OH, 6-3, Illinois, Champaign, Illinois)
    15 – Kim Hill (OH, 6-4, Pepperdine, Portland, Oregon)
    16 – Foluke Akinradewo (M, 6-3, Stanford, Plantation, Florida)
    17 – Megan Courtney (OH/L, 6-1, Penn State, Dayton, Ohio)
    18 – Aiyana Whitney (OPP, 6-5, Penn State, Norwood, New Jersey)
    20 – Amanda Benson (L, 5-7, Oregon, Litchfield, Park, Arizona)
    21 – Paige Tapp (MB, 6-1, Minnesota, Stewartville, Minnesota)
    22 – Molly McCage (MB, 6-3, Texas, Spring, Texas)
    23 – Kelsey Robinson (OH, 6-2, Nebraska, Manhattan Beach, California)
    24 – Kadie Rolfzen (OH, 6-3, Nebraska, Papillion, Nebraska)
    25 – Chiaka Ogbogu (OH, 6-2, Texas, Coppell, Texas)
    27 – Caroline Knop (L, 5-8, Florida, Pasadena, California)
    28 – Krystal Rivers (OPP, 5-11, Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama)
    29 – Lexi Dannemiller (S, 5-11, Michigan, West Chester, Ohio)

• Looking at instagram,the roster should be the same in the 2nd week.

Anyway I think Annie Mitchem deserved at least to be called,she was an efficient spiker in Italy ,she was really good in the second part of this past season. If Robinson keeps playing as libero,there will not be other options besides Bartsch,who played as opposite too :huh:
    Has Megan Hodge retired from the NT?

• Kiraly has no idea what he's doing. First he turned Courtney into a libero, now is Robinson's turn. :aww: This is what happens when you give on the best ever libero product form NCAA.

Not to mention he's wasting the best generation of players USA Volleyball ever had.

Hodge has no chance to play with NT: she's a 4-times All-America First Team. Too popular. It has to be Kiraly's team, not anyone's else. :whistle:

• Why Kiraly takes two OPP which both of them are weak (the same power). I'm curious about...don't USA have good OPP from NCAA? :whistle: Lang Ping checks new players but Kiraly still insist on keeping Murphy :whistle:

• Why Kiraly takes two OPP which both of them are weak (the same power). I'm curious about...don't USA have good OPP from NCAA? :whistle: Lang Ping checks new players but Kiraly still insist on keeping Murphy :whistle:

Just take a look at Stephanie Samedy from Minnesota, for example. She's just freshman.

• I don't think it would be that easy for anyone to convince american teenage girls and their parents to live and work in a foreign land, give up NCAA and withhold graduation from a university just to end up as a substitute because they cannot deliver. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• This is my opinion from what I have seen the coaches with the NT do... they aren’t going to take a player still in college and put them on the NT unless it’s for a minor tournament. Just won’t happen till they are out of school. And based on that what part of the 4 year cycle, a player who may be very good in college won’t get on the roster in time. USA has had some good players who have only play as a backup, a year or two from big tournament and still not ready to play.

• Kiraly has no idea what he's doing. First he turned Courtney into a libero, now is Robinson's turn. :aww: This is what happens when you give on the best ever libero product form NCAA.

Not to mention he's wasting the best generation of players USA Volleyball ever had.

Hodge has no chance to play with NT: she's a 4-times All-America First Team. Too popular. It has to be Kiraly's team, not anyone's else. :whistle:

I though he will take in the recent graduates. I remember when McCutcheon took Larson, Foluke and Fawcett in 2009 then Hooker, Hodge, and Glass in 2010 and expose them to high level volleyball. Harmatto followed soon after proving herself in Italy.

I though there will be a repeat starting this year with Washington, Ogbogu, Inky and Alhassan but nope. :aww:

I'm also baffled why Hodge is not invited because the system suits her playing style perfectly as well as Hooker (but we all know that this will never happen).

Italy, Poland, China and Turkey have youngsters getting experience out of this tournament.

• Hodge-Easy had a complete rupture of the achilles tendon last year in Serie A. Lucarelli had the same injury and he's still not back.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Just a little correction: Foluke's debut with the NT was under Lang Ping cycle at the Pan American Games in Rio.

• Hodge-Easy had a complete rupture of the achilles tendon last year in Serie A. Lucarelli had the same injury and he's still not back.

Yeah, that's not an easy injury to recover from. She's probably not ready to come back full-time yet.

• Kiraly is acting as a primadonna since always. Hodge is a 4-times All-America First and a NCAA and volleyball star. Same for Hooker. There's no place for any other stars, he has to be the only one. Akinradewo is basically the only exception...

• I remember Aki also played in WGP in 2008 which USA got 4th place if I am not wrong. Aki rarely played on court, she mostly sat at bench :)

• PS: and a talented player like Vansant would have never retired from pro volleyball under Lang Ping!

Foluke joined USA Volleyball in 2003 and made her debut at the 2005 Panamerican Cup, when she was just 18. :win:

• Why doesn't Kiraly take strong players from NCAA :whistle: did he watch NCAA games for selecting strong players or just watch it as a viewer :whistle:

• My curiosity is all about Nicole Fawcett, will Kiraly take her to WCH? :pinch: Because American both OPP players seem too weak, they barely kill balls. At least Fawcett has more experiences if to compare Murphy and Drews.

I dont think so, she is not in their wide roster for the summer

• It's nice to hear Karsta Lowe is back. She will play in Pan American Cup if I'm not wrong

Is this official news? Can you please provide the link? Thanks