• Quote from "Matthias"

Now that Logan Tom has split with her partner on beach volleyball do you think she returns to indoor volleyball, maybe even USA NT? Does anyone know if/where she will play professionally next season?

I heard from a reliable source ;) that Eczacibasi had been interested in her, but now they have signed Haneef. If she wants to return to indoor volleyball there are plenty of teams who would probably pay a premium for her right now.

I don't think we'll be seeing her on the National Team in this quad.

• does she actually want to play for the US again?
    because Olympic is coming up, and if she doesn't join it by next year
    she will miss the Beijing 08 for sure

• Quote from "Brian"

does she actually want to play for the US again?
    because Olympic is coming up, and if she doesn't join it by next year
    she will miss the Beijing 08 for sure

I hope that Ping calls her, but I don't think she'll do it.

• GOOD NEWS!!
    Logan Tom is coming back to play for the US!!

From USA Volleyball:

Logan Tom Training with U.S. Women's National Volleyball Team

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Sept. 14, 2007) - Outside hitter Logan Tom (Hometown: Salt Lake City, Utah; Resides: Long Beach, Calif.), a two-time Olympian in indoor volleyball for the U.S. Women's National Volleyball Team, began training with the squad on Sept. 10 after nearly three years away from the program.

In addition, Tom was granted an exemption to replace an injured Kim Glass (Lancaster, Pa.) on the preliminary 18-player Team USA 2007 NORCECA Continental Championship roster that was submitted earlier this summer.

"Logan's addition to the team is very good news," U.S. Women's National Team Head Coach 'Jenny' Lang Ping said. "She has quality international tournament experience that will be beneficial to the team."

• Quote from "NaLuAh~C"

:clap:

i have heard that Tom is fat now.

Can anyone post her recent pics?

nah :shock: i dont think she is fat :lol: she was always soooo skinny and also lately when she played for tenerife that wasnt different... cant imagine that she gained some weight, but if..... hmmm would be nice to see her now then :wink2:

• :D

I am glad that she is back!!!!!!!!She is a excellent player....and will help USA a lot for sure!!!!!

And it will be good for international volleyball to have her back too....gives more quality to the game!!!!

I also think is dificult to imagine her fat!!!!!She always playing somewhere....so she usually keeps her shape....maybe she is a little out of practice in indoor volleyball....but she will go through...for sure!!!

• The American Team will be a strong candidate for next year OG title!

With Logan Tom, Nancy Metcalf and Lindsey Berg not only will the US Team become stronger, but it will have more options in the bench. I believe they can beat any opponent and if Lang Ping were smart, she can hide the US game until the Olympics and cause lots of problems to the other teams.

It seems Japan is becoming stronger too. They have won the Asian Championship and beat China in straight sets.

It's good to the volleyball world to see new powers arriving.I guess, Serbia and Turkey are the other surprises and, of course, the Netherlands.

• I heard this news in a volleyball website. I don't remember where.

• Yeah...I had heard that Berg was back too!!!!!

I think you are right Celso....is great for the world volleyball that US is coming strong again....and that new teams are getting stronger everytime!!!!

• then that's good
    with berg and tom coming back, usa would be more stable
    hope metcalf would be back as well for the last two important competition
    it would be even better if sykora is back

• Quote from "Brian"

then that's good
    with berg and tom coming back, usa would be more stable
    hope metcalf would be back as well for the last two important competition
    it would be even better if sykora is back

haha..all ur hope is my hope..esp for stacy and tom. :D
    yup..berg is back..she played in north america championships too!

• yea
    just found out berg came back
    because I remember her saying she wants a rest because she is having a lot of those mental problems or pressure I should say

• Tom Logan is great player, I didn't know she had retired from indoor sport until I saw another libero in the USA team. :D

And I have a question which is a little off-topic: Why most of the members in the forum are interested moslty in female volleyball, of course it is interesting, but I think male volleyball is much more interesting and exciting as style of playing.

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Quote from "AFROMAN"

And I have a question which is a little off-topic: Why most of the members in the forum are interested moslty in female volleyball, of course it is interesting, but I think male volleyball is much more interesting and exciting as style of playing.

I guess it's just preference... I find men's volleyball totally boring and hate the style, based more on force (the only thing i find interesting about men's volleyball is the players themselves :P)

• Apart from the last sentence I totally agree with Lothie :wink2:
    I don't like watching men VB on high level, it's too much force and too little elegance. It's not that extrem on lower levels (some national leagues for example).