national team of Italy

• The team looks like the one who won titles pre-Beijing. With Del Core back, Agguero can now switch to Opp :) .

• Rondon is an interesting choice.... shes slow and inaccurate. But shes tall.. i guess? Better able to reach those overpasses?
    I'd also like to know why not Feretti. She has great court vision and better defense then Lo Bianco. Shes quick on the court and doesn't typically have 'off' days. I can understand if he is looking for alternative setting styles for different blocking options .... but Rondon is already on that list. Also, having Guiggi and Feretti on a line running e-quicks is pretty unstoppable... theres clearly a well established relationship between the two players and a fairly developed sense of trust.
    But seriously.. Rondon over Feretti? Well at least Rineri is back. She will probably end up starting along with Picci as OHs. That makes a pretty solid 2 or 3 passing lineup... its even possibly to put Aguero into the mix.
    Good to see Gioli on the roster.

• and paggi?

Paggi has retired from NT after the Wch06, as well as Leggeri after 04 Olys. However they are still playing in clubs.

• I'd also like to know why not Feretti. She has great court vision and better defense then Lo Bianco. Shes quick on the court and doesn't typically have 'off' days.

nono...Lo Bianco is probably one of the best setter in the world and the best in Italian volleyball after Benelli...she has a natural talent and she's precious on the court also for her defense...if you have seen play-off matches these days you would notice that she makes the difference on the court. Ferretti is a very good setter, the best after Lo Bianco right now, but maybe she doesn't want to be a second setter so Barbolini called young players...i prefered Serena of Conegliano to Rondon or Di Crescenzo but that's his choice and i trust him... ;)

• WEll..after the Olympics...Ferreti said some bad things about Barbolini..adn they fight....they tried to talk agian..but looks that this talk didnt work...so..I think taht is the reason Ferreti is out....unfortunelty...cause defiently Ferretti should be there....she is the next Italy setter for sure..a.fter Lo Bianco....I also didnt understood some calls...Di Crescenzo??!!!!!!Really???I mean..ok..she is young..but...for that..Becchis is also...and played much more..actually she made Nvoara win over Pesaro this season....Di Crescenzo almost didnt play...

I also fell the absent of Anzenello and Calloni...both made a good season..and maybe could be in place for Stufi...and Garzaro...I understand that maybe Barbolini wanted to give some experience to younger players..but maybe that was too mch..I mean...Stufi is to young!!!!The only explanation for me..si that this girls will play the Universiade this season...cause is not mucha of a view championship...but...Barbolini already said that was going to prepera a team for that too....so..maybe Stufi..Garzaro..Di Crescenzo will play that....

I think that Centoni could be there in place of Ravetta too...that is also not playing...is in bench....

But in general Italy ahs a great squad....and definelty teh olders one are necessary still..the youngers are still not prepared for that...

I hope to see Fiorin back soon...someone has any news of how is going her recovering????

• i'm pretty puzzled for this list of players..

Setters - Di Crescenzo, Lo Bianco, Pincerato, Rondon.
    abosolutely no doubts for Leo, she's the best italian setter and she still deserves the NT.
    i know Pincerato is Barbolini's choice right after Ferretti, so he called her..and i think is a good call because Pincerato played a good season this year...
    i don't understand Di Crescenzo's convocation..as someone of you said..Bechis played more than her, and she showed that she can be a good setter in spite of her young age and few experience..she can grow a lot..
    Rondon...well...why leave at home a player like Ferretti, which we know, it's the best italian setter right after Lo Bianco...i know she has some problems with the coach but she deserves to play in NT.

Blockers - Arrighetti, Barazza, Crisanti, Garzaro, Gioli, Guiggi, Stufi.
    Gioli, Guiggi and Barazza absolutely ok, they are our best blockers at the moment...
    Arrighetti...she played a very good season...sh deserve to grow and experience more with the NT..good choice! :thumbsup:
    Crisanti...i always said she can be a very good blocker,,,i'm happy for her convocation :)
    Stufi and Garzaro...why not Anzanello??...
    i would like to see also Valeria Rosso in NT, she's a very precious and valuable player, but during the summer she prefer to play beach volley :P

Spikers - Angeloni, Barcellini, Bosetti, Del Core, Piccinini, Rinieri, Secolo, Viganò.
    Picci and Rinieri played a fantastic season :)
    Del Core,,im happy...i missed her..we missed her most of all during the olympic games... :P
    Barcellini...i'm sure she'll be the italian promise..she's young...but she's already a very goooooood player.. :thumbsup: :thumbup:
    Angeloni, Viganò and Bosetti..interesting...let's see...
    Secolo..hmmm...i don't know.. ?( ?(

Opposti - Aguero, Ortolani, Quaranta, Ravetta.
    Aguero...have no words for her..she's one of the best..
    Ortolani showed us, specially in these games of playoffs that she can be a good opposite..
    Quaranta...very very very happy for her!!!!! :thumbup:
    Ravetta..hmmmm...why not Centoni who has more experience!!???? 8|

Liberi - Cardullo, Croce, Merlo.
    my Carduuuuuuuu :love: :love: :love: ...
    Croce..she's the best italian libero after Carduuuu ( :love: )
    Merlo...hmmm...i prefer Sirressi..hmm...

• Actually, I'm just thinking today, why Barbollini doesn''t choose Valentina Serena in? I think she is better than Pincerato and Rondon, although she is not very young, experienced and with good block, her setting skill is also very good, anyone agree with me ? :?:

Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
    Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
    Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
    Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova