Spar Tenerife Marichal

• A small update on Tenerife:
    In the last league match against Voley Murcia Milena Rosner was the Top Scorer of Tenerife with 12 points... :victory:

• ...Looks like Logan Tom is going to leave Spar Tenerife Marichal because of "personal and health problems".this is what the homepage of tenerife says. it is even unlikely that she will finish the ongoing season within the team...
    ...btw. the day after tomorrow is april 1st, though it seems that this is no April Fool :? :roll:

• According to news reports here in the US Logan Tom is expected to partner with Holly McPeak when the AVP beach tour starts. That's in just 2 weeks, so maybe the real reason for leaving is to train for that?

I'm probably completely wrong though. I'll bet playing for Tenerife earns her a lot more money than placing 9th and 5th in AVP tournaments.

• Quote from "warhorse"

According to news reports here in the US Logan Tom is expected to partner with Holly McPeak when the AVP beach tour starts. That's in just 2 weeks, so maybe the real reason for leaving is to train for that?

Well, apparently this is the reason. Holly McPeak would have picked another partner, if Logan Tom didnt return in time to start training for the AVP tour... :roll:

• I'm not sure how this works. Holly is still a good player but she's getting old and she is small, so it is hard for her to get a good partner. In the last 2 years, every partner she has had has switched to a bigger player. Even if Logan thinks that she can learn a lot from Holly's experience, it can't be worth it to leave an indoor team with all of the trainers and coaches.

There was talk last year that since Holly kept losing her partners, she might force a potential partner to sign a contract promising to play with her for a certain amount of time. This is the only reason I can think of that would cause Logan to leave. Of course, why would she sign a contract (she played 2 events at the end of last season with Holly) if she knew she was going to play indoors in Europe?

Very confusing. My guess is that Logan's issues are legitimate and that Holly will start the beach season with somebody else until Logan is back to health.