Russian (hot) declarations after ECH

• So, yesterday Nick posted this interview of Gamova. And if you watch the Russian NT team special that Gottlib posted you will see Kirillova talking about something similiar. They are saying that Italians were saying bad thing about Russia and blah blah, especially they were talking about skyskrapers. But of all the interviews Italian girls had done, I haven't find anything. Then searching with google I've found an old declaration of Picci that has nothing to do with Russian NT.

Short fragment of Gamova's interview "Italians will pay for everything".

J. People say that before semifinal Italians were saying spiteful things to Italain mass media, calling you clumsy sky scrapers. Did it disturb you to play at full capacity?
    Gamova: Indeed, those offences touched our girls. However, we were not offended, we just got angry with Italians. When emotions burst fourth it's difficult to concentrate on match. It's a pity we couldn't win. I'm sure that their trick will call out - it's not the last time we meet.

Now I'm really dissapointed of the Russian NT. I've found the famous skyskrapers declaration and it has nothing to do with Italian NT. Piccinini said that after the final of Champions League between Dinamo Moscow and Bergamo.

Here is the link: http://www.gazzetta.it/Sport_V…_Marzo/27/piccinini.shtml

J = Battere la Dinamo Mosca di Gamova e Godina che vi avevano sconfitto ai Mondiali le ha fatto un effetto speciale?
    Picci = "Devo confessare che vedere due grattacieli con la testa china mi ha fatto piacere, sembravano più bassine... Era una partita come un’altra, ma vincerla mi ha lasciato un buon sapore".

Translation:
    J= Beating Dinamo Moscow of Gamova and Godina who beat you with NT at Worlds did a special effect to you?
    Picci = I have to admit that seeing two skyskrapers with their head down is gratifing, because they seem shorter...It was a match as another one, but winning it leave me a good taste.

So, why Kirillova and Gamova lied, saying that it was Barazza that said these words, when in fact it was Piccinini, who was not even present at the European Championships. Plus Picinnini said this as a joke, because she is 20cm shorter. There was no offences to the Russian style of playing or "clumsy skyskrapers" as Gamova has said.
    Why they are bringing this back after 6 months has passed and it has nothing to do with ECH??? And why she brings the excuses that this affected their game because they were so touched?

So dear Ekaterina Gamova :beee: :beee: :beee:

SO LAME!!!!!

• Maybe There is something else, maybe before the semi-final something happens that you dosen't know.

And I think, even if it's a joke from Picci, it's never great to ear something like that. In place of gamova I could have take it bad i think...

• Quote from "Jo11"

And I think, even if it's a joke from Picci, it's never great to ear something like that. In place of gamova I could have take it bad i think...

Ok, I think that Picci exagerated!

But this isn't the point. Dear Kirillova, Alimova and Gamova lied and said that Barazza said those words, when she never said this phrase! And it has happened 6 months ago, not a day before the semifinal.

You could believe me or not, but I have searched all the medias on internet, and no italian player did say anything against Russia before and after the semifinal.

If they were offended, they could be offended with Picci and not with the whole NT. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The interviews are recorded and the newspapers are available on internet. If you don't believe me search by yourself. You are from Cannes, so I guess you know Italian. And even if not, for a French person Italian is easy to read.

• Quote from "Jo11"

Maybe There is something else, maybe before the semi-final something happens that you dosen't know.

They said that they heard from the media (available to the public!!!), not from personal/private talking!
    -I guess they have very very very bad translators.
    -Or maybe they think that Piccinini and Barazza are the same person?
    -Or maybe they think that march and september are the same month?

:roll:

• Quote from "Felipe Oliveira"

Samba Player, welcome to clube "I Hate Gamova" :lol:

:lol: :lol:

No I don't hate her!
    But today I'm very dissapointed by her! I guess I will calm down in a few days.

Your GAME is OVER Gamova!!!

• Quote from "samba player"

:lol: :lol:

No I don't hate her!
    But today I'm very dissapointed by her! I guess I will calm down in a few days.

hahaha

Lucky you!
    I guess I will calm down in a few years :twisted:

Well, I really think Gamova doesn't have a good behavior, but it's usual to happen things like that in volleyball. I think nobody is the Miss Congeniality, so I take this things away. Cubans, russian, italians and brazilians have the habit to play this way, and I think that the media run away for this kind of notice is really poor, cause what happen inside the court, must be left there...

That's my point of view, and sorry for the bad english :blush:

Cubans, russian, italians and brazilians have the habit to play this way

In fact the catfights are practically just between those 4 teams. In the years 2006 and 2007 these were the hottest matches:

-Brazil vs Cuba (at PanAmerican games)
    -Brazil vs Russia (last year Fabiana vs Merkulova :roll: and this year incidents in Ningbo :roll: :lol: )
    -Italy vs Russia (the "skyscraper" affair :wink2: )
    -Italy vs Cuba (last year Picci vs Ramirez, Ruiz vs Bonitta in WGP; I can't imagine what is going to happen at World Cup :wink2: )
    -Cuba vs Russia (Khabarovsk incidents Gosha vs Barros)

Other teams behave better, maybe because other teams are more humble and don't think they are the best!!

But still I must admit that those rivalries are interesting and funny. But I still think that outside the courts they are more friendly with each other. It's just that on court they go on fire and explode hehe :lol: !

Felipe, no problem for your English, which is quite good!!! :D

-Brazil vs Russia (last year Fabiana vs Merkulova :roll: and this year incidents in Ningbo :roll: :lol: )

:shock2:
    Tell me about the incidents in Ningbo!!!!!!
    I was without Web for the entire Grand Prix this year...

Quote from "samba player"

But still I must admit that those rivalries are interesting and funny. But I still think that outside the courts they are more friendly with each other. It's just that on court they go on fire and explode hehe :lol: !

Well, I must confess... I love it too. The game gets a lot more exciting!!!
    And sometimes outside the courts they are really friends. Paula Pequeno said once that the cubans players are the must "cute". Of course it wan before the Pan-American Games, where all the atlethes of all modalities got angry with any cuban person. Just because the Women Volley's bitter defeat... Look this picture. Paula seems sincere in the smile...

Poor Paula... she didn't know what would happen in Pan... kkkkkkkkkkkkk

Quote from "samba player"

Felipe, no problem for your English, which is quite good!!! :D

Oh, thanks... but sometimes I get a little confuse about which words to say, and wich order, anyway. I think the substance of the message still the same.[/img]

:shock2:
    Tell me about the incidents in Ningbo!!!!!!
    I was without Web for the entire Grand Prix this year...

Alimova received a yellow card, because she shouted at Brazilians. Then in the last set Brazilians protested with the referees because of some mistakes.
    And other smaller incidents. I have to rewatch the match. But it was tense.

Alimova received a yellow card, because she shouted at Brazilians. Then in the last set Brazilians protested with the referees because of some mistakes.
    And other smaller incidents. I have to rewatch the match. But it was tense.

Oh, right... I've watch a video with the final of the macth... And I really think the referees had mistaken...:aggress:

Now, about Alimova, I didn't know about it! Thanks!

• Well, well.... it's my turn now 8)
    Good job samba :wink2:
    It seems to be the truth. But don't blame Katja. You know how those things are done. One heard, told to another, etc. there could have been misuderstoods. Frankly speaking I don't believe they took that interview of Picci. It really has nothing to do with NT. If they did - they're just idiots. But I'm sure they didn't.
    BTW, Jenny or who else could say the same thing, I'm sure they got used to call our girls like that, so it's not a surprise if Picci and Jenny said the same things.

I think it's not the best way to call girls sky scrapers or towers. I think if you call Gamova a sky scraper she won't be happy))).

About "excuses that this affected their game because they were so touched". I don't think that was an excuse for the loss. She's not blind and saw that Italian team played far more better this year than Russia and in this particular match as well.
    Different teams have different methods. I remember one interview of Sokolova where she said that it’s important to concentrate on your own game with Brazil and ignore their actions.
    Episode from interview:

J. After the triumph at WC somebody is going to gain revenge….
    Sokolova. It’s ok, let them be in mood for revenge. Brazilians will act aggressive in our next match. Shouts, rude statements at your face – it’s their style. I don’t see a great problem here but it’s important not to fall for their provocations.

So, I think it’s important to ignore all those interviews before the match or actions during the match. But they’re professionals and could already learn to cope with all that stuff.

About Alimova… Who told you that she was given a yellow card? Natalia is not the one who would shout or smth like that. It was Caprara who got a yellow card. (He told about this 100 times).

Kirillova, Gamova, Alimova lied…. Well, it’s so stupid for them to do so, I don’t believe, what for? (As an excuse for the loss, I have already explained this situation).

Dear fans, you can hate or not Gamova, Russian NT, it’s your right.

But don’t make a villain of Katja. She "rests aside" comparing to other players’ behavior.
    Players from other NT are not angels at all.

About Cuba. Godina and Barros, Gamova and Ramirez, etc… Russia and Cuba have very good relations. Cuban players played in Russian superliga and I saw how they treated each other. Plus they had so many joint training etc. So, I don’t worry about these incidents.

About Italy. Ljuba, Gosha and other Russian players played in Italy and also had good relations with Italian girls. I think that Russian and Italian federations have good relations. It was never a real rivalry between these teams. Both sides treated each other quite good.

About Brazil… well… Of late time it’s a real rivalry and relation is not good from both sides. (According to interviews and opinions of players and coaches).

P. S. Sorry for such inconsistent post.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• Quote from "Nick"

Dear fans, you can hate or not Gamova, Russian NT, it’s your right.

Oh, when I said "I hate Gamova", I didn't mean I want her to die or something like... It's just a "way to tell". I really think Gamova is a great player, and I'd love to have some player like her in my NT, but I think her behavior is not quite well. :oops:

Quote from "NaLuAh~C"

sounds like Brazilian Team has a poor comment from Russian Team.

Well, to tell you the truth, after OG'04, Russian NT is like a monster to Brazil... But what would we say about Sokolova?? She's a great player, one of the best in the world, and she's still a great person. I love her, she's the witness that a player can be great and nice at the sime time!

Now, I won't talk about the bad things I think...

• I agree with what you have said, Nick!

After thinking, my conclusion is that this skyscraper affair is the work of some stupid journalists. Because as you have said the relations until this year were good. The media like to create rivalries and to blow on fire, manipulating the words.

About Cuba. They are like Jackill/Hide. On court they become mad and crazy. :wink2:

• And if you look at the end of the match in the pool play between Brazil and Russia in last year's WCH where the Fabiana and Merkulova shouting match occured, you'll see Lyuba calming down Fofao and Walewska during the shaking of hands. Now that's a diplomatic sportswoman :)

• Quote from "Mireya Luis"

And if you look at the end of the match in the pool play between Brazil and Russia in last year's WCH where the Fabiana and Merkulova shouting match occured, you'll see Lyuba calming down Fofao and Walewska during the saking of hands. Now that's a diplomatic sportswoman :)

Sokolova is a great player, and as far as I can see she looks like a good person too. That's great, and it's a pity that there're few players like that.

Carolina (the setter) did a comment about those Fabiana/Merkulova stuff, and it looked like it was just a moment stuff (and probably they didn't even understand what Merkulova said)... Zé Roberto calmed them after the match in the locker room...

I do not agree at all with Sokolova when she says "It’s ok, let them be in mood for revenge. Brazilians will act aggressive in our next match. Shouts, rude statements at your face – it’s their style.", I just think they're not polite. When Carol attacked a ball in Mammadova's eyes, I did not see she asking for apologies (actually I started liking Sokolova after a similar thing happened, but this is other history)... and even if she did, she gave an interview after the match (for the tv, so no mistaking of the words) that just made me pissed... And this happens often, I think they do not respect a lot the other teams.
    But then, I don't think they like to scream stuff... only when someone gives a bad look at them :P

• [color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Like LothiePG, I was impressed by Soko's attitude.
    Last year, the Rus NT played GP in HK. Before the match, the team did warm-up exercise. Soko spiked out a volleyball and a helper picked up the ball for her, and Soko said thank you with smile.
    I was quite surprised by Soko's action cos not many players treat helpers in this way.
    However, I read an article by a translator closed to the Rus NT, telling that Soko knows how to build up image in front of the public. In private life, Soko may not so nice as to the public, even she is a bit cold!

• wel everyone first i'd like to say that i had the chance to meet a lot of volleyball stars manytimes, from cuba, brazil, russia and italia.
    wel each country has it's culture and it's way of acting and reacting.
    first i start with sokolova for me she is the best women volleyball player that i've ever seen and she is also a lovlly and mature persone i sew here manytime outside in her life and she is a verry nice and kind persone.
    i'd say teh same things about teh cubans, and some brazilians, wel of course none is an angel , all of them are human and when you play an important match u are stressted and sometimes u could act verry bad and that's what happend.
    wehn cuba plays against italy it's like they r playing their last match, wel of course i know that they don't like some italian players specially picci because they think that they r pretencious, any way i don't udnerstand that .
    italians don't support russian, mostlly because their coach is italian and also because liouba played in italy and she left the teams with a strange way ( she was and still is the most well payed player around the world) so maybe that would be an explication.
    anyway i think that all here we like volleyball and let's talk about volleyball player as player and we don't care about what they do outside.