Volleyball matches on European TV

• In addition to the usual RAI broadcasting I have found that the SAT Canaria TV is also showing some volleyball matches, it will be good to check it up especially when there are spanish teams playing (maybe their home matches) in the Champions league.

Also Planeta Sport is showing some matches. You can check their daily listing for the whole month on http://www.rtr-sport.ru/program.html?date=01.01.2007
    the symbols help to see which ones are the volleyball matches. For the text I use http://babelfish.altavista.com/ for the translation. I have checked quickly for the next 2 weeks, these are the matches they are advertising (look up for the last one!):

4/1/07 00:05 Volleyball. League of Champions. Men. "buduchnost'" (Montenegro) - "Locomotive- Belogor'e" (Russia)
    4/1/07 14:50 Volleyball. League of Champions. Men. "buduchnost'" (Montenegro) - "Locomotive- Belogor'e" (Russia)
    4/1/07 21:10Volleyball. League of Champions. Men. "dynamo" (Moscow, Russia) - "iraklis" (Greece)
    5/1/07 12:25 Volleyball. League of Champions. Men. "dynamo" (Moscow, Russia) - "iraklis" (Greece)
    6/1/07 17:55 Volleyball. Championship Of Russia. Men. "dynamo" (Moscow) - "Locomotive- Belogor'e" (Belgorod).
    9/1/07 18:55 Volleyball. League of Champions. Men. "Locomotive- Belogor'e" (Russia) - "durain" (Germany).
    10/1/07 10:45 Volleyball. League of Champions. Men. "Locomotive- Belogor'e" (Russia) - "durain" (Germany)
    11/1/07 1:45 Volleyball. League of Champions. Men. "Sisley" (Italy) - "dynamo" (Moscow, Russia)

I hope this will help some of you there

• Yesterday I caught a volleyball match (Dynamo's men vs another russian team I think) on Planeta Sport by chance that wasn't listed in their progamme listing! Has anyone got another more reliable way to find out Planeta's programmes?

• Quote from "Pete"

Yesterday I caught a volleyball match (Dynamo's men vs another russian team I think) on Planeta Sport by chance that wasn't listed in their progamme listing! Has anyone got another more reliable way to find out Planeta's programmes?

Well, actually that match was listed. Both times :wink2:. Your link refers to their other sport channel 8). And you'll have to take the time-zone into account too. For Central European Time (Berlin, Amsterdam) you will have to substract 2 hours, meaning the programmes start for you 2 hours "earlier" then for them (if you live in Western Europe).

Get the airings-listings for 'Planeta Sport' here:
    http://www.rtr-sport.ru/section.html?cid=2266

• Thank you Kaszanka, I was aware of the time difference but not that Planeta had two sport channels. According to my "new" calculations then the next volleyball stuff would be as follows:

09 January, 2007, Tuesday
    16:15 Volleyball. Championship Of Russia. Men. "dynamo" (Moscow) - "Locomotive- Belogor'e" (Belgorod)
    00:25 Volleyball. Championship Of Russia. Men. "dynamo" (Moscow) - "Locomotive- Belogor'e" (Belgorod)

10 January 2007
    "05:55" Team Of Russia ". Interview to Giovanni kaprara and Irina kirillova
    08:25 Volleyball. Championship Of Russia. Men. "dynamo" (Moscow) - "Locomotive- Belogor'e" (Belgorod)

13 January 2007 Saturday
    21:10 volleyball. Championship Of Russia. Men. "spark" (Odintsov) - "dynamo" (Moscow)

15 January 2007 Monday
    21:30 volleyball. Championship Of Russia. Men. "spark" (Odintsov) - "dynamo" (Moscow)

16 January 2007 Tuesday
    07:15 volleyball. Championship Of Russia. Men. "spark" (Odintsov) - "dynamo" (Moscow)

21 January 2007 Sunday
    20:05 volleyball. Championship Of Russia. Women. "dynamo" (Moscow) - "kazanochka" (Kazan)

Also, TV Canaria-SAT has in their website the match Tenerife-Zagreb for Wednesday 00:10 ( I think they mean 10 minutes into thursday).

I read somewhere on the interview to kaprara and Kirillova that they were married, is that true?

• I contacted TV Canaria and it seems that the match is broadcasted on the terrestrial channel, they told me that for the satellite signal I should look at the international listing and there is rarely any volleyball broadcasted there.

Raisport is showing tonight Jesi x Cantur (8:20 pm) and tomorrow Kalisz x Bergamo (6:30 pm).

• Quote from "Pete"

I contacted TV Canaria and it seems that the match is broadcasted on the terrestrial channel, they told me that for the satellite signal I should look at the international listing and there is rarely any volleyball broadcasted there.

I think we gonna have to set-up an international network of women-volleyball maniacs and start our own satellite-channel :D!
    I volunteer to become that network's president. Yeah :good:

k.

• Peru is full of these maniacs, we like volleyball and we also like following our players whever they go, unfortunately the TV channels there have no real interest in broadcasting anything apart from football. To be able to watch international volleyball is a real luxury for many there, so you may have lots of members for your association from there :)

• EUROSPORT AT CEV HEAD OFFICE

Luxembourg, 16.02.2007

Following the first anniversary of ‘Eurosport 2’, the delegation of Europe’s biggest sports channel followed the invitation of CEV President Mr. André Meyer to come to Luxembourg to discuss new opportunities to include more volleyball in their program. CEV was impressed to learn about the steadily expanding channel, which transmits its telecasts to more than 40 countries, where about 1.5 million sports fans follow the diversified program.

The prime subject of the discussion was the integration of more European volleyball competitions into the program, especially the Indesit European Champions League. An interesting project to achieve pan-European TV visibility of the most prestigious volleyball club competition for men and women, which, however, needs to be analysed in more detail in the near future. CEV also insisted on the fact that the Final Four tournaments of all European Cups, but especially those of the Indesit European Champions League, should be included in the new project.

Another subject was the inclusion of the most prestigious CEV Beach Volleyball events in the new concept. Eurosport and CEV agreed to do their utmost to evaluate the new projects in due time in order to realize as much volleyball and beach volleyball as possible on TV screens during the next season.

source: cev.lu

• I have read on eurosport.ru in programme announcement for march that final four of women and men champion's league will be shown :D

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• Quote from "Nick"

I have read on eurosport.ru in programme announcement for march that final four of women and men champion's league will be shown :D

good news :!: but i'd like to know if eurosport or eurosport2 was meant :?:

• Quote from "Humbert"

good news :!: but i'd like to know if eurosport or eurosport2 was meant :?:

I think it was eurosport.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• Quote from "Pete"

Peru is full of these maniacs, we like volleyball and we also like following our players whever they go, unfortunately the TV channels there have no real interest in broadcasting anything apart from football. To be able to watch international volleyball is a real luxury for many there, so you may have lots of members for your association from there :)

I saw some games of Peru, live! They are young and great!! The game against Dominican Republic was thrilling :D
    Peru will be a great team within time and I hope they change this "football" culture!

• Starting in 1 hour:

Poitiers vs Paris live on the French National Volley League website.
    (click on the link "voir le direct" = "watching live")

This game will most likely be available for watching in streaming like the games of the "Generalli open" (= french female championship first playround) on the same page.

• I try to watch and record all Martinus games in the ECL2007, already recorded with Dinamo and Tenerife (from TV Canaria Sat). But it seems that my luck is over. Can't find where to watch Dela Martinus - Post Schwechat on 12.12.2007. CEV site tells ORF/SPORT+, NOS/RTV and NOORDHOLLAND will broadcast this game. But my satellite dish can't get them :( . Who lives in Holland and Austria, can you record and share it?

• What satellite do you have? I suppose Astra, because TV Canaria Sat is on Astra. ORF Sport Plus is on that satellite too, it shares frequency with a channel called TW1 (it becomes ORF Sport at 20.00)

This is the frequency:

Satellit ASTRA 1 H

Transponder 115
    Downlink-Frequenz 12,66275
    GHz Symbolrate (MS/s): 22
    Fehlerschutz (FEC): 5/6
    Polarisation: Horizontal
    Audiobit: 1011
    Videobit: 1010

• Hey, Matthias! Thank you for the answer.

I've got a motorized dish and can turn it to the any satellite, but it doesn't help. TV Canaria Sat and TW1 are on the different transponders. The Canarian's one has a wide beam and the signal is very strong. That of TW1's is aimed only for western and central Europe and I can't get it at all. The only way is to change the dish for a bigger one (1,6 or 2 meters in diameter). If it is possible, could you record the game and put it to the Net ?