Is Women's Volleyball more exciting than Men's?

• hmm good question... I wouldnt say its more exciting but i prefer women's volleyball because it is not just about power.
    There are longer rallies and its kinda more beautiful.
    And i just like to watch females more cos their emotions are more different from the mens. Its just more fun to me.
    and to be honest i never ever really tried to get into mens volleyball :S

but its not just in volleyball like that... same in tennis, i prefer WTA than ATP

so, it must be in my genes :lol:

• I totally agree with Nastja, except for the WTA part... ATP is so much better :lol:

• Women volleyball.... they say about it that it's just another sport, men volleyball is much more interesting if we consider the style of playing and the level of good volleyball, but it's always better to watch girls rather than men volleyball. :P :D

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• "Women volleyball.... they say about it that it's just another sport, men volleyball is much more interesting if we consider the style of playing and the level of good volleyball" :thumbup:

I AGREE 100% With Afroman :D

[img=http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9631/braitajq5.th.jpg]

"FIRE IN THE EYES" - THIS IS BRAZIL" :D

• Nastja is absoluetly right.Women volleyball is much more interesting than men`s volleyball.Because watching men`s volleyball you can not see often long rallies and nice attacks,there`s only power that we men all can do that.I am being men prefer women volley because when you see woman strong attack ist suprises you because woman is woman,but we can always hit strong balls.And there`s nothing interesting in men`s middle-blockers game.Because they only attack from the center,but women do that very different,as my favourite YELENA PARKHOMENKO.

• I started watching men volleyball at first, so I went used to the pace and rhythm of men volleyball.
    So when I see a women game, I can't help but find them slow, not enough powerful, etc.

It's true that there are longer rallies in women VB, but if there is only a slight difference of level, the best team will win most of them.
    I think there are more surprises in male VB than in female VB. (I mean, as long as Brazil NT is not involved !)

I think that there are many male player who are more or less of the same level, so despite being more physical, technique is more important in male VB, because details matters more than with women.

• Let's not fool ourselves, men's volleyball is much more technical than women's. The only reason there are more and longer rallies in the girls matches is because they lack the power to define the points more fastly, not because they are more "skilled".

It's easy to confirm that. How many "setters" like Akulova there are in top men NT? How many wing spikers like that pitiful Sassa from Brazil there are in top men NT? In the best men's NT there is no room for totally out of place players, like we find so often in some of the best women's NT.

How many times do you see stupid mistakes such as the setter touching twice in the ball, or "lifting" the ball amongst the guys? Not too often, and their sets are much more risky and harder to do, given the speed of the game. In the other hand, Akulova does it dozens of times in each match, and she is part of the team which is World Champion...

Not to mention the level of skill someone like Segio needs to Receptionate all those cannon balls, and the amazing digs as well. Plus, the fast game in men's volleyball has more to do with skill than power.

In sum, there is no comparison. Men's volleyball is BOTH much more powerful and more skilled. Still, I cheer a lot more for the women's Russian volleyball team than for the men's. It has always been so for me.

All in all, I would say I rather watch Russian female team because I get more thrilled and nervous, but if I am to watch a match I don't give a damn as to who will win, I will probably preffer to watch a male match, because the level is higher.

• For me women vb is much more interesting to watch. What Russkii says is right, but I simply don't like watching men's volleyball. It's all about power and who hits hardest and fastest. So if Akulova does a dozen technical errors per match (I must have missed those matches...I think she is the perfect setter for a team with Gamova, Godina and Sokolova...but that's another subject), then all male players do a dozen serve errors per match. I watched some matches in last year's European League where I checked the stats afterwards and about 40% of all points came by serve errors, aces or reception errors, thus without a real rallye. Serve power has become too important for men volleyball. In women vb the tendency is going away from hard jump serves to more tactical serves (this is not true for all teams but it is a general tendency), so more interesting rallies can develop. In men vb you just don't see rallies lasting appx one minute.

• Akulova is perfect for the adversaries of Russia...

As for male serves, you are right. Actually, it isn't so bad for some NT, but if you watch Russian team, you will notice serve errors are just unbearable...

In the other hand, this only proves my theory though. Men make a lot of mistakes not because of lack of skill, but rather because they play at the limit. But I never see men making errors in tactical serves, while women manage to serve in the net or outisde the court even when serving "tactically". I can think of many players like that...

• I don't know if woman volleyball is more interesting. For me it is definitely more frustrating. There is now safe advantage for female teams. 8pts more? No problem - we can lost in the row and we have a draw. It is rather impossible in men volleyball (unless Poland is playing;for them impossible is nothing :roll: ). I like both men and women. But I'm not bi, Nastja ;)

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• THIS IS TRUE, but were not talking about SKILL OR POWER but excitement! and women's volleyball is more exciting, like someone said earlier, longer rallies is one of the main reasons

• To me, watching female's is better than men's...
    Yeah, men's are very powerful (spikes)
    and women's are so interesting...
    maybe more because of the players... :dance6:
    I'm not as excited watching Brazil Men's as I am about Brazil women's or Italy men's as Italy women's.... :what:
    And I don't know, I just feel sort of weird when guys hug each other after a score... it's a bit awkward

• Men's volleyball is a way more interesting than women's volleyball. Of course, when you see female players dressed in kits like nowadays you can go crazy but basically that's it with its advantages :) How can you not be fascinated by male players jumping 360-370 cm, chasing and hitting the ball like dogs, or by magicians in the setter position who can leave you speechless... I think there is simply no space for comparison!

• Men's volleyball is much more interesting...sometimes women volleyball it's just another sport (no offense),I mean that sometimes it doesn't look like volleyball, but I really think that it is normal men's volleyball to be more interesting.

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• As I see, this topic is "alive" again :) But I had said what I wanted before :D

The most important 3:

• I'm into women's volleyball, I like it better because of the longer rallies and spectacular actions. Moreover, it's the only volleyball that I've seen "live" and not on tv.
    Plus, being a woman myself, I feel more connected to female players...but that's just me, I guess. :)

• Interesting topic!

W vollyball is not as powerful or as skilled as M games. It is true. However, in terms of excitement, W games are nevel beaten by its counterpart. In the so called "three big balls", football, basketball, and volleyball, W volleyball game is the only one which is as good as its male counterpart. W basketball and football games are not exciting at all.

It is interesting to note that the games between W chinese NT and local male teams hold anually are very attractive. Chinese NT can win their male opponents many times. Definitely, the male team is not so skillful and powerful like M NTs.

• In the so called "three big balls", football, basketball, and volleyball, W volleyball game is the only one which is as good as its male counterpart. W basketball and football games are not exciting at all.

And how about handball? I think the woman variant of this sport isn't less exciting than men.

The most important 3: