Awards 2006

• 2006 VOLLEYBALL.IT AWARDS
    Giba and Francesca Piccinini were elected on the best volleyball players in Italian Serie A
    Players (men's and women's volleyball)
    1. Giba
    2. Ivan Miljkovic
    3. Alberto Cisolla

1. Francesca Piccinini
    2. Eleonora Lo Bianco
    3. Simona Rinieri

Coaches (men's and women's volleyball)
    1. Ferdinando De Giorgi (Lube Banca Marche Macerata)
    2. Silvano Prandi (Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo)
    3. Daniele Bagnoli (Sisley Treviso)

1. Massimo Barbolini (Despar Perugia - Italia)
    2. Marco Fenoglio (Play Radio Foppapedretti Bergamo)
    3. Zé Roberto (Brasile - Scavolini Pesaro)

More :arrow: here

• Europe's Best Players 2006
    On the occasion of the Final Four of the Men’s Indesit European Champions’ League 2006/07, which was held in Moscow's over the weekend, the European Volleyball Confederation crowned Europe’s best volleyball and beach volleyball players of the year 2006.

Best Male Volleyball Player 2006:
    Matey KAZIYSKI (Bulgaria)

Best Female Volleyball Player 2006:
    Lioubov SOKOLOVA (Russia)

Queen of the Beach 2006:
    Natalia URYADOVA (Russia)

King of the Beach 2006:
    Christoph DIECKMANN (Germany)

• Results of the 2nd contest of "Super Volley" magazine (Poland):

Best Male Volleyball Player 2006:
    Mariusz Wlazły
    Best Female Volleyball Player 2006: Mariola Zenik

Best setter - Izabela Bełcik, Paweł Zagumny
    Best attacker - Anna Barańska, Mariusz Wlazły
    Best Receiver - Milena Rosner, Piotr Gruszka :roll:
    Best middle-blocker - Katarzyna Skowrońska-Dolata, Łukasz Kadziewicz
    Best libero - Mariola Zenik, Piotr Gacek
    Best foreigner - Philip Eatherton (USA)
    Discovery of the year - Bartosz Kurek
    Coach of the year - Raul Lozano
    Man of the year - Raul Lozano

• Quote from "Justyna"

Results of the 2nd contest of "Super Volley" magazine (Poland):
    Best Receiver - Milena Rosner
    Best middle-blocker - Katarzyna Skowrońska-Dolata

:clap:
    but hmm :? i wonder why so many players, who do not play in poland, have won this award...i would have expected that polish fans would prefer to vote for players playing in polish clubs... :?

• Quote from "Humbert"

but hmm :? i wonder why so many players, who do not play in poland, have won this award...

Only 3: Zenik, Rosner, Skowrońska
    Why? because they are the best, it isn't important where they playing :wink2:

• Quote from "Justyna"

Why? because they are the best, it isn't important where they playing :wink2:

Yes...what i meant is that 'foreign' players do not get the same media attention as 'home' players(i cant imagine that polish tv transmits italian, spanish oder russian league matches)...so its quite impressive that they won despite this fact...

• They are playing in national team and I think that was main reason. And only Skowronska played whole 2006 in abroad :wink2:

Mariola Zenik - the best receiver on qual. WGP in 2006 and the best receiver Cup of Poland 2006.
    Kasia Skowronska playing in the stongest league and her team is on 1st place
    Milena Rosner - the best receiver Champions League

• Mammadova, Wlazły and Moculescu honoured in Vienna

Stelian Moculescu, who coaches the German men’s national team since 1999 as well as the German club VfB FRIEDRICHSHAFEN, managed to lead his team to their first Champions’ League victory during the Final Four in Moscow in 2007. The German Champion and Cup Winner has left Europe’s top club competition twice as second ranked (1996 and 2000) and once as bronze medallist (1999). "This award fills me with pride", stated the 57-year-old Romanian known as ‘Stelu’ Moculescu, "We have reached a lot in these past 12 years. One needs stamina and patience to eventually reach goals in the world of volleyball". As Moculescu was present at the drawing of lots in Vienna, the German men’s national team, who are facing the Netherlands in Rotterdam this weekend for the European League fifth leg, are under the auspices of assistant coach Michael Warm.

Natalya Mammadova scored 160 points during the six matches of the Champions’ League 2006/07 League Round, finishing on top of the ‘Best Scorer’ list. The Azerbaijan was also ‘Best Scorer’ of the League Round 2005/06 (285 points in ten matches played) and 2004/05 (196 points in ten matches played). "It's the first time that I have been invited to such a huge, glamorous event", said the 22-year-old who was born in the Ukraine, "My coach Faig Garaev and my team have made this possible and I'm truly grateful. I feel that it's time to change clubs in order to be more involved competitively and develop my game further. Nevertheless, I will remain faithful to the Azerbaijan national team."

‘Best Scorer’ in the Men’s Indesit European Champions’ League 2006/07 was Pole Mariusz Wlazly from BOT Skra BELCHATOW, booking 212 points during the ten pool matches. The President of the Polish Volleyball Federation Mr. Miroslaw Przedpelski was present to receive the award.