World crises afect Brasilian Championship

• Yesterday was anouced in Brasil that one of the most traditionals volleyball clubs in Brasil will close doors....Bradesco responsable for Finasa Osasco Team anouced the end of the adult team for next season....it was a project of 20 years that come to an end after being second in last Superleague final Saturday...loosing for Rexona-Ades

Finasa was one of the teams that most invested in volley this year...and used to ahve Olympic Champions players as Paula Pequeno, Carol Albuquerque, Sassá and Thaísa...that now have no job.

Osasco responsable sponsor, Bradesco, said the reason they are closing the team is that they wanna invest more in social programs and base categories of volley and bascketball...that is for them the most important work to do....

The World Crises is defiently one of the reasons...for the fact that Bradesco used to spend about 12 millions Reais (around 4 million Euros) in these projects by year....so....they decided to mantain the base teams..but no the adult...

Is really said..cause now..is the second club that ends in this season since another Team that arrived in Semifinals Brusque...also loose their sponsor Brasil Telecom..is is about to close..

The worry in Brasil right now is how the Brasilian market will arrange to absorve these players......the first impression is that most will have to leave the country...but...Thaísa, Natalia, Camila Brait..still dont have age for that..so..is hard to know what is going to happen....

Brasilian confederation is starting of thinking is a way of keeping players here..and one of the solutions may be ending with the ranking project that has i the contry...for those who dont know..in Brasilian league all players are ranked in a score from 1 to 7..and all teams must have only 3 number 7 each..adn the adtional of the points must not be over 32 points...that used to be a way to let clubs more closed....the league stronger...so...both teams with money that are Rexona and Sao Caetano can bring this girls some how...

Finasa players were also got by surprise with teh new....that they recieved by the phone wihtout much explanations....

The true is that this new is very bad for Brasilian volleyball...since one of the biggest investments were close...and also...cause the league can be really weak now...Lets hope Brasilian confederation find a way to make the League more interested for new sponsors...

• It is a tough time for world economy.But even without the economic problem volleyball is overshadowed by soccer and basketball too much. I think the FIVB and every national federation should be more active to promote the sports.In my country the sponsors come and go. For those teams without a good ranking it is very hard for them to have a stable sponsorship.

What about Osasco moving to another city which welcome volleyball and those players? It is better than stopping the historical team and scatter those good players to abroad or to other strong teams.

By the way how old is the player who can play abroad in Brazil? Sheilla went to Italy at 21. Thaisa is 21.

• It is a tough time for world economy.But even without the economic problem volleyball is overshadowed by soccer and basketball too much. I think the FIVB and every national federation should be more active to promote the sports.In my country the sponsors come and go. For those teams without a good ranking it is very hard for them to have a stable sponsorship.

What about Osasco moving to another city which welcome volleyball and those players? It is better than stopping the historical team and scatter those good players to abroad or to other strong teams.

By the way how old is the player who can play abroad in Brazil? Sheilla went to Italy at 21. Thaisa is 21.

i think there is a rule made by CBV some years ago that prohibit players under 23 with great potential for joining NT to play overseas but im not sure about it

about the crisis ...there´ s a possibility that a brazilian football club will sponsor ´´ex´´ finasa team.....

It was just announced that the directors of Bradesco (finasa ex sponsoring) are holding a meeting now ...maybe they will return to sponsor finasa... :obey:

• News...

Osasco is back for Superleague!!!!Is a meeting made between teh club and the city....they decided to keep the adult team...even without the help of fiansa anymore....they are looking now for new sponsors.....and looks alrady ahve 4..and still looking for more...some companies are helping the team...that already confirmed the keeping of the coach Luizomar..and very close of the setter Carol Albuquerque....the other girls are still not sure....

Paula..the players that were for more time in Oasco...still dont know if she is going to stay for next season..even with the anoucement of the coming back of teh club..she said she have rpoposals from other clubs..including out of the country..and taht she think is to soon to say something...so..lets wait

For the rules...Brasilian confederation and Italian one..ahs an agreement..whre players cant leave Brasil to go play tehre under 23....when Sheilla left..this agreement didnt exist yet..that is the reason...but for other countries...this such thing dont exist...so..players under 23 can go to play in Russia Turkey..adn so on....

• The world crisis has nothing to do with the fact that Finasa stopped sponsoring the Osasco adult team. Finasa will keep on supporting the other categories of both volleyball and basketball. Last year they have built an extraordinary Training Center for the athletes and they are building other sports facilities in Osasco.

The reason why Finasa decided to stop sponsoring the adult volleyball team was the lack of respect of the Brazilian Confederation towards them. WIth the basketball team, the same thing happened, the Osasco team was great and after a problem with the Brazilian Basketball Federation, they left the adult basketball team, but kept on sponsoring the other basketball categories.

If the problem were the world crisis, after losing the sponsorship of Finasa, the Osasco team would not find other sponsors willing to keep the same investment in less than a week.

• WEll..I dont think that the World Crises were the only reason...but also...a decision like thsi was defienlty something that was already made..fiansa winning or loosing the Championship...I think the fact of the directory of the bank had changed in february has much to do with it...

About the sponsors..well.that is relative..cause before..Fiansa used to sponsor alone a team wiht a 12 millions reais project, where 6 millions were for the Adult Team...now..the new sponsors from Finasa...are 4...and they are providing 5 millions all together..so, for me, is a big difference...definelty...all are giving less..so..maybe that would explain why OSasco were able to come back..

But anyway..that is not the important...the important..is that the tEam is back for the Superleague..and there is very good for Brasilian volleyball....

The latest new..is that Fiesp might going to sponsor Brusque...that well..probalby wont be in Brusque anymore..in a Sao Paulo city..but is another team coming back..and there is very good!

• For the rules...Brasilian confederation and Italian one..ahs an agreement..whre players cant leave Brasil to go play tehre under 23....when Sheilla left..this agreement didnt exist yet..that is the reason...but for other countries...this such thing dont exist...so..players under 23 can go to play in Russia Turkey..adn so on....

So Thaisa can go to Russia. Actually she looks like Russian.

Why do the Brazilian only have an agreement with the Italian? Are they afraid that some talented young players will become Italian if they go abroad too early ?

By the way what is Fiesp?

Anyway congrats to all the volleyball fans that 2 female volleyball clubs finally were saved though I think with the decrease of investment the new Osasco and Brusque will become weaker than before. :thumbdown: I just wonder why those terrible things happened after Brazilian female NT won the Olympic champion unprecedentedly. I thought it should be for male teams first. Sorry I mean the withdrawal of investment things.

• FIESP is an acronym for Federação das Indústrias do Estado de São Paulo. In English it means Federation of the São Paulo's State Industries.

• Well..the agreement is with Italy cause most of Brasilains that leave the country are to go tehre....is easier for us..to get used to the country and everything....Is hard Brasilains to choose to go to Russia...cause the country is to diffenret from ours..so..I think scare a bit the players to leave first time and go there..and they end prefering to stay in Brasil...dont know..jsut guessing..hehe

Fiesp...is the Industries Federation from the State of Sao Paulo .

I think this happens more in female volleyball...cause is hard to find female players to build a stronger team and theya re more expensive..the ones in the market....in male...there is more offer of players..I mean..if you find a tall guy..and strong one..with a bit of tecnique...you can build a good team with a good coach..but is female is harder..to find this girls...the youngers are not that prepared....the distance is to big....So...the sponsor or go for a team with actually power to win...or..they usually dont go..I dotn know..is my opinion....and also...in Brasil...woman recieve more then guys...so..is more expensive to pay a female team than a male team...

• Well..the agreement is with Italy cause most of Brasilains that leave the country are to go tehre....is easier for us..to get used to the country and everything....Is hard Brasilains to choose to go to Russia...cause the country is to diffenret from ours..so..I think scare a bit the players to leave first time and go there..and they end prefering to stay in Brasil...dont know..jsut guessing..hehe

Fiesp...is the Industries Federation from the State of Sao Paulo .

I think this happens more in female volleyball...cause is hard to find female players to build a stronger team and theya re more expensive..the ones in the market....in male...there is more offer of players..I mean..if you find a tall guy..and strong one..with a bit of tecnique...you can build a good team with a good coach..but is female is harder..to find this girls...the youngers are not that prepared....the distance is to big....So...the sponsor or go for a team with actually power to win...or..they usually dont go..I dotn know..is my opinion....and also...in Brasil...woman recieve more then guys...so..is more expensive to pay a female team than a male team...

Thank Celso & Joanamss. So Brusque will move to Sao Paulo. How many teams are in sao Paulo now? :lol:

Opps I forgot that point. :aww: Yeah. Tall girls are not as many as tall guys. And a slim tall girl with a pretty face would like to be a model more than a volleyball player. I think. Brazilian has many famous models like Gisele Bündchen who played volleyball in school.But finally she becomes a super model. I am just thinking if she keeps on playing will she becomes another Paula Pequeno? :lol: