Spanish Volleyball Shocked By The Death Of Two Young Players

• The Spanish Volleyball family is living days of grief after the death of two young players who passed away in a car accident last Sunday. The players, Aida Cela and Iris Aries, were members of the team Emeve Laboratorios Nupel, which participated last week in the Youth Girls National Championships. The squad was returning home after having played the National tournament when the bus they were traveling in collided, resulting in two dead players, plus more four players in critical conditions and many more injured.

“It is the worst tragedy that Spanish Volleyball ever faced”, said the President of the Royal Spanish Volleyball Federation, Agustín Martín Santos; “The volleyball family is shocked by this tragedy, which should never happen, even more to players of such a young age”. The bus that transported the team Emeve Laboratorios Nupel was filled with players aged 15 to 18.

In addition to the two deceased players, four more remain in critical condition. The rest of the team suffered wounds of different consideration but were discharged from hospital hours after the accident. According to the first investigations, the cause of the accident was an excessive speed rate, as the bus was being driven at 100 km/h in a way designated for 40 km/h. The Spanish Volleyball decreed official mourning in all competitions.

The CEV would like to express sincere condolences to the families of the players who sadly passed away this past Sunday, as well as to all their friends and loved ones, to the Royal Spanish Volleyball Federation and to the entire local Volleyball community.

;( ;( ;(

• I'd been very sad, when Mroz died :(
    Die, very bad. So if died people is volleyball player, very worse.

;( ;( ;( ;(

• It's so sad to hear such news. The girls were so young. ;(

A prayer

• DEfinelty very sad.... :( ....for volleyball...and for the world..is never good to see such young people going away....I just wish their family stay in peace...

They are not important to have Spanish, important to have people. I wish; People don't ever die ;( ;(