Since when do you follow volleyball?

• Since 2003 with Eczacıbaşı.I ve watched Eczacıbaşı-Sirio Perugia match and we lost 3-2 but it was amazing to see Barbara Ruzic,Natalia Hanikoğlu and Bahar Mert together against dream team of Perugia and 2003 ECH Turkey played final and finished 2nd.2003 was an important year for us :lol:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Since 2003 with Eczacıbaşı.I ve watched Eczacıbaşı-Sirio Perugia match and we lost 3-2 but it was amazing to see Barbara Ruzic,Natalia Hanikoğlu and Bahar Mert together against dream team of Perugia and 2003 ECH Turkey played final and finished 2nd.2003 was an important year for us :lol:

i would like to see that match, do you know where i can find it?

• I dont know a photo from this match.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Oh, I follow volleyball not as long as everybody here, I think ;) 'cause since 2006 :)
    I've seen WCH Poland-Russia and then I fell in love with this sport :P

Previous I've seen some matches in female ECH in 2003 and 2005, but then, I was totally uninterested in any kind of sport, except swimming ;)

My first live match was Poland-Spain in Hubert Wagner's Memorial last year ;)

• I am probably the youngest here in terms of when I started following volleyball :), since it was only somewhere in the beginning of 2009 that I started to closely follow/watch volleyball around the world. The largest incentive was probably YavorD (qvosta Yavka :wavy: ), since when we first started playing volleyball with him and he asked me how many Ukrainian NT players I know, I couldn't name any (althugh YavorD, a non-Ukrainians knew quite a few).

Mostly, I follow NCAA Men's Volleyball tournament in the US (since it is most relevant to me at the moment) but also CEV Men's Championship league, Men's World League and Ukrainian Men's Volleyball Syperliga.
    However, since I was into volleyball beginning from when I turned 13 (became a member of my first volleyball club), I watched a few games of Ukrainian NT on TV that our coach wanted us to see and analize, but I don't really remember much from those games, except that Ukrainian NT mostly consisted exclusively from Kharkiv Lokomotyv team and that Italians had insanely strong jump-service :).

I am probably the youngest here in terms of when I started following volleyball :), since it was only somewhere in the beginning of 2009 that I started to closely follow/watch volleyball around the world. The largest incentive was probably YavorD (qvosta Yavka :wavy: ), since when we first started playing volleyball with him and he asked me how many Ukrainian NT players I know, I couldn't name any (althugh YavorD, a non-Ukrainians knew quite a few).

Mostly, I follow NCAA Men's Volleyball tournament in the US (since it is most relevant to me at the moment) but also CEV Men's Championship league, Men's World League and Ukrainian Men's Volleyball Syperliga.
    However, since I was into volleyball beginning from when I turned 15 (became a member of my first volleyball club), I watched a few games of Ukrainian NT on TV that our coach wanted us to see and analize, but I don't really remember much from those games, except that Ukrainian NT mostly consisted exclusively from Kharkiv Lokomotyv team and that Italians had insanely strong jump-service :).

hahahahahahaha, nice to see you, Romane, in inside-volley :thumbup: I confirm everything said in the first paragraph :) Roman and I played together in the university in Bremen before he left for the US, I can say he was a very good middle-blocker, I don't know whether he still plays on that position. I am very glad to see you here :drink: That's the best place for volleyball fans!

• Since 2007 :D But I am only 15 :D I watched Vakıfbank matches before 2007 but I remember very very very little..But since 2007 I am watching all the matches(Turkish League,ECL,NT matches).. :win:

• :white: :lol: :lol: Since 2003 ECH in Turkey .... Then i started to play volleyball but they said that i'm playing amazing and they said that if i continue to play nobody will watch volleyball :what: :D now because of this i'm just watching :D :cheesy: :cheesy:

• I start watch volleyball in 2007.I watched the european championship 2007.I was happy because Greece win Netherlands!But Netherlands win the strongest team of our pool Germany.I couldnt beleive it,i was very dissapointed!

• I became a volley fan since WGP 2006 ,but it wasn't the first time I watched volleyball. I remembered the first time was watching Russia at the Olympics.

• I don't remember when first time I've watched volleyball match, I think that was during OG in 1992, but I'm not sure.
    I started follow volleyball regularly since 2001, final Polish League between AZS Częstochowa and Mostostal Kędzierzyn Koźle.
    Since then I'm a big fan of AZS Częstochowa ;)

To refresh topic ;)

part of game which I mentioned before.

• For me, I first started watching volleyball with the 1984 Olympics. With the US men's and women's team on TV most every night during those games it was great to see them do well (of course I know about the boycott, etc.). Still at that time it was really only a once every four years sport, but it would get on TV every once in a while. Once I started playing which was 1989, I would watch beach and indoor on TV as much as possible. I saw the 1990 Goodwill Games in Seattle, Washington.

When I studied in Japan, I even got to go to the Grand Champions Cup matches which was a great experience.

As I got older, I got away from the game for whatever reason, but when the World League came to Portland, Oregon for the USA vs. France weekend, I really jumped back into the game. I followed the US men's and women's teams dramatic runs in 2008. The 2008 World League for the US was a remarkable win, but I think that by beating Brazil in Brazil before the Olympics set them up mentally to say "We can win the Olympics against anyone." That team beat all of the best teams in the world in their group and the playoffs. Plus with the tragedy to the coach's family right at the beginning made it a great story and finish.

I reconnected with my club coach last summer and he is now the Head Coach at the University of Portland and even more surprising one of my teammates is his assistant. After attending one of their matches, I ran into my teammate's father who was also a coach of mine. I had even started coaching last fall for the first time, so it was interesting see the full circle from playing to coaching within 20 years.

• OK, nice topic...
    I started watching volleyball in the late 80s. The team of HSV played just around the corner of my place. These were glory days for Hamburg volleyball. The team dominated the league and won several national trophies. They played european league as well and i remember a match against the mighty panini modena in front of a 4000, enthusiastic crowd. As far as i remember, they lost that match by 2:3. There were great players like Braak, Voss and Mackerodt and I learned a lot for my own play by simply watching them.

In the beginning of the 90s the volleyball section was kicked out of HSV and an endless struggle for money began. They tried as VC Hamburg, 1. VC Hamburg, SC Norderstedt, but all the clubs went bankrupt and since then no men´s volleyball team could establish in the first division.

I concentrated then more on playing and coaching myself, but now with the internet becoming more and more popular i can watch great players like Zagumny, Grbic and Ball :cheesy:

• I started to watch volleyball in the mid to late 90s. Later on, i got a little involved in the club´s work and also had the honor of gettin´ to know some of the players as well as their families.
    I´m also involved in workin´ with our 2nd league team, as well as our 3rd and 4th team. I also help with our youth teams.

Bein´ from Vilsbiburg, i am - of course - a fan of the Rote Raben. I was there, when Vilsbiburg played in the 2nd league, came up to the 1st league, lost every game (!) and was down again in league 2. During that season, in which they lost every game, i did not miss one single match. And that´s somethin´, i´m very proud of :)
    I guess, when you´ve gone through a season like this as a fan, it helps you to handle wins and losses better.

• As a kid I watched the anime series Attack No.1 (also known as Mila Superstar or Mimi e la nazionale di pallavolo, but not Mila e Shiro, that is different), then for some time I lost interest in volleyball and since OG 2000 I started to follow international volleyball (thanks to the evolution of internet mainly :thumbsup: ). The first matches I watched live were in 2001 in Germany WGP qualification RUS-CRO and GER-ITA with many stars there. I also play and coach a girls team now.

Hahaha, it is similar with me, my interest in volleyball started after watching Attacker you! In late 90's I think when Augusto Kalisz started to loose with Nafta Pila in final of Polish league. When Mostostal ZA Kedzierzyn Kozle was 3rd(am I right?) in Champions League. But it is my passion since ECH2003 especially after match with Germany and superb performance of Glinka, until today I remember when speaker of Eurosport said after the match: Germany vs Glinka 2:3.

• My first touch with international and national volleyball was in 2007. The first match I saw live was Roeselare - Macerata Champions League. Roeselare won with 3-0 I think.

But I play volleyball myself, I started in 2001...

• Cool of you to ask, and I think it's funny that we have quite the similar background. I think we're about the same age. I was 11 when I watched OG in 1996, and I have some vivid memories of the female semifinal, Cuba vs Brazil. That was quite a moment. Then, I got really hooked starting to watch our Superliga, especially season 98/99, rooting for Rexona back when they were based in Curitiba, for being such a fan of Bernardo and Fernanda Venturini. Still a huge fan of the team after all these years.

Unfortunately, I couldn't watch a lot of live games. My first was in 2002, I think, a game from the male Superliga, it was Ulbra x Banespa, and Banespa won 3 x 0. I rooted for Ulbra too, cause they're from my state and unfortunately the team lost its sponsor and ceased to exist. Usually there aren't many top level volleyball matches around my area. 2 years ago, I could watch live the games from the South American female championship. I remember in 2000 there were some games played by brazilian male NT, in the WL, in my city, but I didn't go, cause I wasn't as hooked on the sport as I am now.

I wish that at least for the WL games, they could rotate around the country more. Usually they just play in São Paulo, Rio and BH, ocasionally they go to the northeast, but here in the south we surely appreciate volleyball as well. My state produced some very top level players for NT: brothers Endres, André Heller, Lucas Saatkamp (Lucão) and Thiago Alves, to name a few. Some girls too, like Carol Albuquerque and Fernanda Garay - too bad we never had a female team playing in the Superliga.

But it's cool remembering those moments. :)