Volleyball Manager - series of freeware volleyball management simulation games

• Because in next six months we will celebrate 2 anniversaries of important events in VM history let's describe a little why VM was made and is still continued

On 23th of March 2005 Tomasz Novrain Slusarek and Wojciech Wojtas Sapiecha created a an official forum of the game (next year will be 10th anniversary of creating VM Team community).
    They were old friends from primary school and when Wojciech started loosing his eyesight in secondary school they decided to play together in a computer games that were available for him to play thanks to computer voice reading a text from programme. Of course the best game in this area in the end of twentienth century was Championship Manager series so they were a really devoted players but in addition Wojciech was a big fan and expert of volleyball so that goes without saying that one day they decided to make a very very simple management simulation game like CM dedicated to volleyball. So it was the beginning of VM- although Novrain who was responsible for code programme is not a profesional computer scientist and Wojtas was blind (he was responsible for the database) they overcame these adversities and created such a game like VM.

Unfortunately we have also second anniversary - this time of tragic event.
    On 18 of October 2009 Wojciech died on cancer (to the end of his live although his blindness and cancer he was full of life) and Tomasz decided to continue VM project in commemoration of his friend.

• We are testing trial version VM 1.39 but there is a critical error after first season 2014/2015 so we need to find a solution (which means check a very long code programme in order to find bug) and then make a new trial version VM 1.40.

• 2 questions:
    1)Would you like to take part in competition if we organize a tournament played in newest version of VM like World Chmpionships, Champions League or mixed torunament? Number of places would be limited
    2)How do you think is there a need to write a manual to VM editor because in new version you can edit the database in broad spectrum?

• A lot of people ask us how to edit database
    I must inform you that in previous versions when one of game authors Wojciech Wojtas Sapiecha was still alive it was forbidden because of his point of view as database author
    But after his death we changed our mind in this aspect so from version VM 2012 it is possible. And VM 2014 is first version where you can do this in broad spectrum
    I might be wrong but at first step you need to find file editable (second alternative database file that you can choose when you want to start a new game).
    If you find this file you need to unpack this file - I suggest most popular and freeware Winrar - most of you should have this programme and if not download it.
    When you unpack this I suggest to create a new folder to collect all unpacked files.
    Then you need to open and edit one of these files- I suggest one of XML Editor programmes - most of them are for commercial use and you need of course to pay for them but some of a plenty of this kind of programmes are freeware - here you have the best comparison of them http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_XML_editors - choose one of freeware version available in web install these and use it to open and edit the file that you want.
    I suggest to use one of XML editor becuase it's the easiest way to edit the database
    But if you want to use Microsoft Office Excel you can use this but then you must check whether you arrange it in correct order - it is not so easy and you will have to spend some time on it if you change a lot of players' skilles or names so I really suggest to use one of XML Editor especially when some of them are freeware
    When you edit what you want then you need to pack the file by using winrar or some other programme and that save the result as VM_dbase_2014_15_editable.dat (you need just to overwrite the file with alternative database)
    And the end you need to choose this database when you start a new game

2 important information
    -editing in this way is still under development so many VM users inform us that they have problems with that. To be honest I'm not an expert of editing the database so I hope other users will take part in this topic.

• A Merry Christmas and Best wishes for New Year.

С Рождеством и наилучшими пожеланиями на Новый Год

Um Feliz Natal e os melhores desejos para o Ano Novo .

Najlepsze życzenia z okazji Bożego Narodzenia i wszystkiego najlepszego na Nowy Rok

VM TEAM

As a gift for Christmas we publish a final version of database for season 2014/2015
    Fixes:
    - Bundesliga II, dutch and swiss competitions updated
    - fixes a lot of bugs in belgian, turkish, greek, romanian competitions and also french Pro B
    - newest transfer all over the world
    - updated skills of players from european competitions, Serie A, Pro A and Polish Plusliga

In packed files you will find two new databases - unpack it to main folder in folder data

But you can play in new database only if you were well-behaved during last year :drink:

Link to download
    http://www.volleyballmanager.y…m/ccount11/click.php?id=5

• An additional gift from our fans for Happy New Year

1. Newest logopacks and facepacks for polish Plusliga -author Gerrard

Download link http://www.speedyshare.com/x7da8/Plus-Liga-pack.rar
    It is compatible with newest database so in first step download and install new database from previous post

Instalacja/Instalation
    Volleyball Manager 2014 --> img --> tutaj kopiujemy foldery z paczki/please copy these files to this folder

Logopack for every competition that is available in VM - author Asauchi
    http://www.volleyballmanager.y0.pl/download/file.php?id=208

• Additions to VM - 2 saved games modified by editor when at the beginnin of new game you received additional 15 milion euros. Free to download but if you want to download a file bigger than 2 MB you need to register- dont worry half of young polish people use this for free.

newest database
    complete logopack for every competitions in VM
    2 database when you manage a team with sugar daddy and additional 15 mln euros

http://chomikuj.pl/additionstovm/VM+2014

• Questions and answers from private messages about our future plans:

Hello I would like to know if you have any predictions for the launch of the new edition of Volleyball Manager?

And if they want to make a VolleyBall Manager edit the woman?

Answer:

1) Well we don't plann female version- in fact female volleyball and male volleyball are 2 quite different disciplines and we find it impossible to make just one game engine for these 2 disciplines - look for example on the level of good reception in male and female volleyball, percentage of succesfull attacks, number of digs during every game etc. Another problem is that male version has database with more than 10 k real players and we can't manage to make a second database with similar number of female players.
    2) I can't say anything about new version because for the time being I just don't know anything but I can assure you that one of our most credible co-workers nickname Bartek work on new database for season 2015-2016 so I really don't know whether there will be a new version but I am 100% sure this man will do a new database.

3)When it will be published?
    For sure not before the beggining of new club's season after World Cup - probably October at best when majority of transfers will be approved

• Preliminary database for season 2015-16 official update

Database file compatible with VM ver. 1.40. Unpack to the game folder Data.

Wstępna wersja bazy danych na sezon 2015/16, opracowana przez Bartka, kompatybilna z VM 2014, jest od dziś dostępna na stronie

Вступительная версия базы данных на сезон 2015/16, разработанная через Бартека, совместимая с VM 2014, от сегодня доступнaя на стороне

http://www.volleyballmanager.y0.pl/vm/

• Christmas surprise from Bartek - new update of the database! In this article you will find Christmas wishes and a link to the latest update. Enjoy !!!

CHRISTMAS UPDATE

• Logopack for the Brazilian league. Enjoy!
    http://volleyball-manager.pl/2016/01/03/brasil-superliga-logopack-201516/
    Facepack with players and coaches from PlusLiga for the season 2015/16!
    http://volleyball-manager.pl/2…facepack-plusliga-201516/

Przedstawiamy zapowiadany wcześniej noworoczny prezent w postaci facepacka zawodników i trenerów Plusligi. Archiwum zawiera ponad 200 zdjęć wykonanych w stylu Cut-Out.
    Uwaga! Numery ID zawodników są zgodne ze świąteczną aktualizacją! Na poprzednich wersjach bazy danych twarze nie będą się wyświetlać!
    Sposób instalacji: Wypakuj foldery z archiwum. Skopiuj zawartość folderu „players”. Następnie należy przejść do folderu, w którym znajduje się zainstalowana gra – przykładowa ścieżka lokalizacji „Dysk lokalny (C:)/Program Files/Volleyball Manager 2014/img/players” – pliki wklej do folderu „players”. W przypadku braku folderu należy go utworzyć ręcznie.
    Wróć do wypakowanych folderów i skopiuj folder „trainers”. Ponownie przejdź do folderu „img” i wklej go.

Serie A1 logapack 2015/16
    http://volleyball-manager.pl/2…serie-a1-logapack-201516/

Paczka grafik zawierająca zestaw herbów dla drużyn włoskiej Serie A1 na sezon 2015/2016. W logopacku znajdują się zdjęcia w rozmiarze 120x120px.

Sposób instalacji: Wypakuj folder z archiwum. Następnie należy przejść do folderu, w którym znajduje się zainstalowana gra – przykładowa ścieżka lokalizacji „Dysk lokalny (C:)/Program Files/Volleyball Manager 2014″. Loga rozgrywek z folderu „competitions” skopiuj do „Volleyball Manager 2014/img/competitions”. Herby klubów z folderu „teams” skopiuj do „Volleyball Manager 2014/img/teams”.

[Last logopack this time for the Russian Superleague.
    http://volleyball-manager.pl/2…superliga-logopack-201516

What do you think is the biggest problem/bug in VM which should fixed in new version?

• Congratulations for the game it's really good !! :drink: :white: :D

my feed back

the worst thing is that the game really crashes... for me in 3~5 Seasons :(

It will be nice if the NT Coach could participate in some tournaments without responsibility to give experience for the youngsters like a friendly tournament and the Coach decides if he wants to participate or not...

The Champions League competitions could be more real or be made a new format..Sorry for say this it's because with 6 teams and only 2 spots for the playoffs most of the times the teams outside poland, Italy and Russia are always out.. this is a little boring...

And I can not understand how it's chosen the clashes in the play offs 8... ( its not stimulating to finish in first on your pool)

The worlds championships it's a little unfair for the clubs outside europe...4 spots to europe it's too much... they already have international competitions what makes the game better if you chose an european club.

• Really nice and impressive history about VM Volleyball project.!! :obey: :cheesy: ;( :rose:

amazing job!