The best player/coach 2011 - voting

• Let's start it!!! :thumbup: Who in your opinion is the best player and coach of year 2011?

Rules:
    1. You can vote only once
    2. Choose 3 male players and 3 female players
    3. The player on the 1st place gets 3 points, 2nd place (2 points), 3rd place (1 point)
    4. Choose 1 coach of men's team and 1 coach of women's team
    5. The end of voting - 31 January

:bump: :set: :serve:

• I love this voting!!!

I have a real hard nut to crack with player, so I'll start off with coach, 'cause in this situation I have no doubt at all- best coach of 2011 season- Andrea Anastasi.

Player....hmm...I'm hesitating between Maxim Mikhaylov and...uhmm...a little bit Bartek Kurek/ Krzysiu Ignaczak/ Cristian Savani...man, this is a really hard choice!

Imo they all deserve this title, but since Maxim got so many individual awards on every major event this season, I'll pick the Russian.

So to sum up:

Best coach- Andrea Anastasi- I will worship him now even more than ever. I've always considered him as one of the best coaches in the world, if not the best actually...but this season, he really did something totally incredible. And he's the best coach of 2011 for sure. I don't wanna say anything more, he's just phenomenal.

Best player-1.) Maxim Mikhaylov
    2.) Cristian Savani
    3.) Krzysztof Ignaczak/ Bartosz Kurek (sorry, can't decide. Igła had an amazing season, he was one of the best liberos this season, Bartek was our ture leader, he led us to WL victory, showed some insane game)

• male:
    best coach Andrea Anastazi
    best players:
    1)Maxim Michajlow
    2)Bartosz Kurek
    3) Michal Lasko

Female:
    best coach: Giovanni Guidetti
    1) Destiny Hooker
    2) Milena Rasic
    3) Caroline Costagrande

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• male:
    coach
    - Vladimir Alekno

players:
    1) Ivan Miljkovic
    2) Maxim Mikhaylov
    3) Osmany Huantorena

women:
    coach
    - Marcelo Abondanza

players:
    1) Eva Yaneva
    2) Dobriana Rabadzhieva
    3) Elitsa Vassileva
    (you may not count my vote on the women's side because you get how much knowledge I have :D )

• male:
    coach
    - Andrea Anastasi

players:
    1) Maxim Mikhaylov

2) Michal Lasko

3) Matthew Anderson

women:
    coach
    - Giovanni Guidetti

players:
    1) Carolina Costagrande

2) Milena Rasic

3) Angelina Gruen

(Tijana is not listed, but she is always first wherever and expecially in my heart :rose: :rose: :love: )

• MALE

C: Andrea Anastasi

P: Bruno Rezende
    Luciano De Cecco
    Jean-François Exiga

FEMALE

C: Giovanni Guidetti

P: Eleonora Lo Bianco
    Lindsey Berg
    Paola Cardullo

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Female:

Best coach: Giovanni Guidetti

1. Maja Poljak
    2. Malgorzata Glinka
    3. Carolina Costagrande

• Male

Best coach: Andrea Anastasi (of course :D )

1. Bartek Kurek
    2. Krzysztof Ignaczak
    3. Michał Łasko

I made a very tough decision :S in my mind appeared also such players like Cristian Savani, Maxim Mikhaylov, Luigi Mastrangelo, Ivan Milijkovic, Luciano de Cecco and looking specially at the last tournament - Piotrek Nowakowski. Still no idea if I made a right decision - it's impossible to chose between so many amazing players only 3!

• Cause I dont follow women volley I will give only men

Best coach : Julio Velasco

Simple choice for me. Velasco did great job witj Iran this season. First they won ACH in style but reason why is he best coach for me is Iran on WC. Wins over Serbia, Argentina and Poland are great achievements for Iran. I was also thinking about Anastasi but he had great team on disposal unlike Velaso who had less experienced team without big stars.

Players :

1. Ivan Miljković - just 3 letters - ECH :obey:
    2. Maxim Mikhaylov
    3. Lukasz Zygadlo

• Men:

1. Maxim Mikhaylov (RUS)
    2. Bruno Rezende (BRA)
    3. Zbigniew Bartman (POL)
    Best coach: Vladimir Alekno (I dont like him, but Russia was really good this season, so)

Women:

1. Eleonora Lo Bianco (for the come back, the italian title and the performance in WC) (ITA)
    2. Jovana Brakocevic (SRB)
    3. Carolina Costagrande (ITA)
    Best coach: Hugh McCutheon (USA)

• I only vote on male part:

best players:

1. Maxim Mikhaylov
    2. Ivan Miljkovic
    3. Osmany Juontorena

best coach - Vladimir Alekno

- there is no doubt he got a bunch of good players and from first time in so many years Russia finaly got a title, in fact 2 titels ...besides Anastasi would never be my pick up - losing on purpose is something doesn't deserve the best coach award. :thumbdown:

honorable mention - Velasco :)

• Best coach - Igor Kolakovic

Best Players:

1. Maxim Mihaylov
    2. Ivan Milijkovic
    3. Matey Kaziyski

why - Igor Kolakovic made good team champions, not great team, they beat Brazil 3:1 in WC, the only ones to beat them without tiebreak.

1. Maxim Mihaylov - he brought the successes of Russia this year, the best player of Zenit

2. Champion with Fenerbahce, champion with Serbia, MVP, MIP, MIB

3. Matey Kaziyski - Key player in Champions League, World Club Championship / real MVP there/, Serie A1 /Second to MVP after Stokr/, ECH2011 was his strongest NT tournament by far. He has no fault that Bulgaria is only 6th, with zero defence backup neither Giba or Kirally would have made something more. BTW, Serie A1 is much harder competition that any with national teams, IMHO

Other players and coaches who can be on the list:

Osmany Juantorena, he's crazy
    Luciano De Ceco, very smart
    Giba, returned really well

Coaches - Havier Weber, who made Argentina, Julio Velasco, who made Iran play on high level with great defense, Vladimir Alekno, who put Russia on top, Radostin Stoychev who took all on club level, Trentino playing like terminators / second team demolished Brazil champion with Sergio and Murilo! / , Lorenzo Bernardi for Weigel successes in CL and WCH

• Men:

- Orlando Samuells

1. Pavel Kruglov :thumbsup:
    2. Evgeny Sivozhelez :thumbsup:
    3. Maxim Mikhaylov

The Two first because They showed that come back from 9-14 to 14-14 is posibble against 1st 6 NT :D :lol:

Women:

- Giovanni Guidetti

1. Angelina Grun
    2. Saori Kimura
    3. Logan Tom

• Best male players:

1 Maxim Mikhaylov
    Not anyone can receive 2 MVPs in one year at his 23.
    2 Luciano De Cecco
    With wonderful setters' retire, we need such a good successor.
    3 Bartosz Kurek
    Grow up, man.

Best coach for men's team:
    Argentina NT - Xavier Weber
    He brings vigour to volleyball.

Best female players:
    1 Margareta Kozuch
    2 Wei Qiuyue
    3 I have no idea... this is actually my favourite players list.

Best coach for ladies' team:
    I don't know either... shame on me :(

Are you really doing this all the time?

• Female:

Players:

1 Carolina Costagrande
    2 Destinee Hooker
    3 Jovana Brakocevic

Best Coach: Giovanni Guidetti

• best coach: Vladimir Alekno
    best players:
    1)Maxim Mikhailov
    2)Ivan Miljkovic
    3) Osmany Juantorena

• I only gave My points and reasons.

• Players:

1 - Maxim Mikhaylov - this is simply the year of Maxim. I criticized him a bit after the CL final against Trentino, but after that he came stronger to help Russia win two titles (despite the fiasco in ECH 2011).
    2 - Ivan Miljkovic - the one-man Serbian team!
    3 - Bartosz Kurek - the backbone of the NT that won three medals in one year.

Coach:

Vladimir Alekno - I don't remember a more successful Russia, he should take most of the credit for that.

PS. The three nominees in the players category also enjoyed titles in the championships they play in respectively, so the vote is not based only on NT performance. Besides, Julio Velasco deserved a nomination for sure for what he did to Iran, but as in the Oscars ceremony he was unlucky to do it in a year where Russia was almost unstoppable, so my vote goes to Alekno.

• Best coach: Andrea Anastasi

1)Ivan Miljkovic
    2)Maxim Mikhaylov
    3)Michał Łasko

Female:

Best coach:Giovanni Guidetti

1)Yeon-Koung Kim
    2)Milena Rasic
    3)Caroline Costagrande