3) Piotr Nowakowski

women:
    coach
    - Giovanni Guidetti
    players:
    1) Angelina Grun
    2) Milena Rasic
    3) Carolina Costagrande

• We're voting The best players...not our favourite players right here :thumbdown:
    I see some names that I don't really agree with being "The best players of this year".

• We're voting The best players...not our favourite players right here :thumbdown:
    I see some names that I don't really agree with being "The best players of this year".

Fully agree :drink: Same is with men coach. I agree Anastasi done great job with Poland but they didn't win single trophy unlike Russia. I gave my vote to Velasco because he did excellent job with Iran. Second choice would be Alekno, third Kolaković because they have won something!

• Fully agree :drink: Same is with men coach. I agree Anastasi done great job with Poland but they didn't win single trophy unlike Russia. I gave my vote to Velasco because he did excellent job with Iran. Second choice would be Alekno, third Kolaković because they have won something!

Well, If you ask Why I choosed these 3 players, I can possibly explain properly.

Costagrande - She won the MVP award at WC. I'm absolutely sure Italy would have struggled a lot without Her. Her performance at WC was extremely strong. She was just a monster :white: One thing more interesting and surprising is It was her first year in Italy NT.

Rasic - She absolutely showed what A Huge Development is. She is only 21, however already one of the best MBs in the world.

Grun - She saved Germany. As we all saw, Germany struggled as hell at WGP this summer, but look at that! Germany became totally different after she came in. Winning the Silver at ECH and making great matches at WC. I think this is enough to explain why She is still a legend.

Coach Guidetti - Honestly, I didn't really like some of his silly desicions and his favourite players. But He leaded the team very well and made Great performances both at ECH and WC. He deserves to be chosen as 2011's Best Coach.

I think I'm objective enough. I couldn't choose players like Lenka,Martina,Laura Dijkema or Busra, even though I really like them.

• I think this voting is about the players who have played best in 2011 so far...did i get it right? :lol:

Milena Rasic (she played very well at Euro. Champ. and Wc)
    Neriman Özsoy ( she played very well at European Champ.2011)
    Angelina Grün (she played very well at Euro Champ. and Wc) ( i was in two minds about Grün and Costa)

• There are also liberos and setters, not only hitters or middle blocker!

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Coach : Andrea Anastasi - he did good work with Poland! 3 parties = 3 medals :)

Players :
    Mikhaiłow - the best scorer, brilliant attacking ;)
    Nowakowski - he did enormous progress under the supervision of Anastasi ;)
    Winiarski - welcome to Poland NT ... again ;)

• We have done the same choice Emil, I'm totally agree with you! :thumbup:

• Fully agree :drink: Same is with men coach. I agree Anastasi done great job with Poland but they didn't win single trophy unlike Russia. I gave my vote to Velasco because he did excellent job with Iran. Second choice would be Alekno, third Kolaković because they have won something!

I fully agree about coaches, that would be exactly my 3 choices: Alekno, Velasco and Kolakovic! I thought Poles know the game pretty well to at least beeing objective fans, not just nationalists, but it turn out not to be truth. Very dissapoinitng :down: . They can just give Anastasi the trophie since the majority of posters here are Poles.

• I fully agree about coaches, that would be exactly my 3 choices: Alekno, Velasco and Kolakovic! I thought Poles know the game pretty well to at least beeing objective fans, not just nationalists, but it turn out not to be truth. Very dissapoinitng :down: . They can just give Anastasi the trophie since the majority of posters here are Poles.

Sorry but can Polish people just have their own opinion about it or rather not? I can understand that you don't like Anastasi. Ok. But you can't say he didn't do a great job with our team. There is a big difference between Castellani's team and Anastasi's team. Andrea broke something bad in our team and helped us a lot and he worked with our guys not even a year and managed to achieve something really amazing. I can't tell that Alekno, Velasco and Kolakovic didn't do a great job as well 'cause they did. Big respect for Alekno 'cause with him Russians are real monsters and it's just unbelievable what this guy is capable of doing with this team. Velasco is already A LEGEND for me. After what I saw from Iran on WC I'm still in a big impression of a work he did. What about Kolakovic I congratulate him this gold medal but to be honest I was never really impressed with this coach. So I would like to congratulate more Ivan Milijkovic winning the gold.
    Ok, I'll end here, hoping that I won't be attacked... Just let me to have my own opinion about it who is my biggest hero. Andrea is a hero for me. That's all. I hope it won't offend anyone.

• I fully agree about coaches, that would be exactly my 3 choices: Alekno, Velasco and Kolakovic! I thought Poles know the game pretty well to at least beeing objective fans, not just nationalists, but it turn out not to be truth. Very dissapoinitng :down: . They can just give Anastasi the trophie since the majority of posters here are Poles.

you are putting Velasco in top 3 and not Anastazi, both coaches did exactly the same thing to their NT - they improved their game by a lot , Poland has better players and that's why they won 3 medals this season. we are the only team along with Brazil who won a medal on EVERY tournament they played in this year and Brazil doesn't have to face the best teams in the world in their continental championships. just because most Poles are choosing Andrea Anastazi as the best coach doesn't mean they are not objective, let's not forget we didn't have our best players at disposal almost entire season and we still manage to win 3 medals! before Anastazi started to train our team we won 2 medals over 30 years, he won 3 in one year. and Kolakovic...yes he won ECH but he also failed at WL and he humilate Serbia at WC. Alekno is the only contender IMO but with that kind of rooster he should be dominating volleyball world

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• you are putting Velasco in top 3 and not Anastazi, both coaches did exactly the same thing to their NT - they improved their game by a lot , Poland has better players and that's why they won 3 medals this season. we are the only team along with Brazil who won a medal on EVERY tournament they played in this year and Brazil doesn't have to face the best teams in the world in their continental championships. just because most Poles are choosing Andrea Anastazi as the best coach doesn't mean they are not objective, let's not forget we didn't have our best players at disposal almost entire season and we still manage to win 3 medals! before Anastazi started to train our team we won 2 medals over 30 years, he won 3 in one year. and Kolakovic...yes he won ECH but he also failed at WL and he humilate Serbia at WC. Alekno is the only contender IMO but with that kind of rooster he should be dominating volleyball world

Yes, totally agree.

Plus, let's not forget that we can make our own choices and decisions. I didn't choose Andrea just beacause I really like him, just like one guy did with Kaziyski. I choose him, for exactly the same reasons like mateo. Sure Julio Velasco, Vladimir Alekno and Igor Kolaković also made a really amazing job with their teams, but let's not forget that I'm making the choice (and others as well), and it's my own business, who I've decided to pick.
    I wasn't driven by any patriotic feelings (or call it whatever you like), but if you don't want to believe it, then don't. I just wanted to make it clear. I'm not voting for people who are part of my team, just because they are.

• This is not a vote who did an amazing job with your team, but who did an amazin job overall for all teams in the world and yes, I think you are not obejtive, even though ofcourse you are entitle to have your own oppinion.

Alekno won 2 GOLD medals, including one by defeating Brazil in a final, and that is the first title for Russia since 9 years or so. More over he won with this team another GOLD (not bronze, not silver) later on. Russia have always had great players, some goes for Poland, but winning titles is not like winning medals, it is MORE. Besides Poland has won gold medal before in the past (and btw it was sooner than Russia untill this year), so it isn't something new for them. (more likely the last year Poland underferporm and now is back ot its true level, rather than achiveing something extrodinary).

2 GOLD meadals >>> 1 GOLD medal >> 2 BRONZE medals + 1 SILVER medal.

While Anastasi can be a contender for a place into top 3 coaches, he is objectively and result wise not the best one this year. Alekno also did a good job with his club too...

• So let's see .,.. ok, this's an easy one :P - players: 1. Travica, 2. Kuba Jarosz, 3. Nikola Kovacevic; coach - that could be only one man - the coach who surpassed all strongest teams in the world even before the WC had started! - Tatsuya Ueta :obey:
    Ok, now serious! :D

1. MAXIM MIKHAYLOV!!!
    2. IVAN MILJKOVIC
    3. PIOTR NOWAKOWSKI

First two choices are so clear that there is no need to explain or to add something, only this - :obey:

About the third position I had a deep thought but at the end I chosed Nowakowski, cause he just played amazing in both NT and (Re)Sovia ( :D ), the competition was hard, so I'll mention the other deserved palyers IMHO: Huantorena - he's really, really good! Kurek and Kaziyski - I combined them, cause the reasons for not making it to my top 3 are similar - they both had long period that year in which they weren't in their usual condition beacuse of injuries and exhaustion, which hindered them to show what they really can in some of the tournaments, I mean that they weren't constant enough, but anyway in the other part of the year they were brilliant and gained successes - one with NT and the other with his club team, so they were really close to be choosen :) The other guy I was thinking about was Hernandez, the engine of Cuba on this WC - he did great efforts and showed great skills :obey:

coach: ALEKNO

The other "excellent pupils" from this year to me were: Anastazi - 3 medals, Great Velasco - new Iran, although generally I don't like him I must say - Berutto, cause Italy somehow rose again and I think he does a useful work there, Brazil is not that brilliant, but still achievs their goal, so I pay the credit to Rezende; and I'll also mention our coach Rado Stoychev because of his domination in club volley and huge successes he had this year, too; about Kolakovic I have some prejudices and I'm not very delighted for him as most of the users here, but it's more interesting when we have different opinions, right? :D

And shame on me, but recently I don't follow female volley as i used to do it before :S And there were times about three years ago, when I followed women's matches and WGP even more than men's competitions, so now I won't vote for women :(

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• I completely agree about the 3rd pick - there are few contenders for this spot and I would be fine with eighter of them having it. Nowakovski, Juontorena, Kurek, Hernandez, even Lasko in the last Wourld Cup was amazing, toghether with Kaziyski, De Cecco and Conte (on the World League), Khtey qnd Volkov, even Butko deserves to be mentioned here were all great players this year and few Brazilians too :whistle:

• I completely agree about the 3rd pick - there are few contenders for this spot and I would be fine with eighter of them having it. Nowakovski, Juontorena, Kurek, Hernandez, even Lasko in the last Wourld Cup was amazing, toghether with Kaziyski, De Cecco and Conte (on the World League), Khtey qnd Volkov, even Butko deserves to be mentioned here were all great players this year and few Brazilians too :whistle:

Exactly! Too many good players! About Lasko - before the WC I probably wouldn't think of him for the top 3, but he was just amazing on this tournament - not only the second best scorer after Hernandez but also the second best spiker with high percentage in attack - I really didn't expect him to make such strong matches, but he surprised me in a very positive way and while I was writing my previous post he was constantly coming to my mind. And you reminded me of the Argentinians - damn, this De Cecco is so good! His setting is like an art I would say. Volkov is really a steady guy and deserves admiration, because a lot of MBs passed in Russian NT recent years but he's still there! That's tells a lot - to survive in such a great competition on this position in the team of Russia, means that you are a class.

Wild Wild West!

" There is nothing better than this"

• Yes, but If you take into account the power of the team which won the title, the title of Serbia is the biggest surprise this year. It is easier to win with Russia than with Serbia, you have more balanced team with a lot of choices for each position