Best matches of your favourite team

• Which are the best matches of your favourite team (NT or club it doesn't matter) that you remember gladly as a fan and that you'll rewatch?

This is my list - Italy Women NT

Italy - China = 3-0 (2006 WGP final round) one of the best Italian matches IMO
    Italy - Cuba = 3-1 (2006 WCH first round) great Picci
    Italy - Germany = 3-0 (2007 ECH first round)
    Italy - Russia = 3-0 (2007 ECH semifinal) Aguero on fire
    Italy - Serbia = 3-0 (2007 ECH final) great comeback in first set
    Italy - Serbia = 3-2 (2007 WC)
    Italy - Poland = 3-0 (2007 WC)
    Italy - Brazil = 3-0 (2007 WC) again Aguero on fire
    Italy - Cuba = 3-0 (2008 WGP first round) big fight
    Italy - Japan = 3-0 (2008 WGP second round)
    Italy - China = 3-0 (2009 Montreaux semifinal) young Italian team
    Italy - Turkey = 3-0 (2009 ECH first round)
    Italy - Azerbaijan = 3-0 (2009 ECH second round) Azeris gave a big fight
    Italy - Netherlands = 3-0 (2009 ECH final)
    Italy - Brazil = 3-0 (2009 WGCH) great Bosetti and Barcellini
    Italy - USA = 3-1 (2010 WCH second round) the best Italian match at this WCH, I hoped for a medal when the match finished
    Italy - Brazil = 3-0 (2011 WC) Costagrande :obey: :obey:

• white-red guys and unforgettable matches

Poland - Russia 3:2 (WCH 2006 second round) What can I say? We were at the bottom already, we brought back to life, kicked out Russians from the competition and jumped into semifinals.
    Poland - Bulgaria 3:1 (WCH 2006 semifinal) The feeling after the last ball was indescribable...
    Poland - France 3:1 (ECH 2009 final)
    Poland - Russia 3:1 (ECH 2011 mini-final) Kuba Jarosz in a trance :D
    Poland - Italy 3:2 (WC 2011) Replay of entertainment (like it was in match against Russians on WCH 2006)
    Poland - Brazil 2:3 (WC 2011) "lost-winning" match

• Bulgaria hasn't won any trophies so our NT is usually in the losing side in its "great matches". I consider "great" to be not a thrash by our team against an opponent but a spectacular match filled with drama. The last one was Bulgaria vs Cuba - 2:3 (WCH 2010) and especially the second set when we were losing with 21:12 and 22:14. And then the Wall called Niki Nikolov made 23847621347 blocks to make the result 20:22 and after that it was 23:23. And then... Matey served great, the ball came directly to Toshko Alexiev and... Cuba won the game and eventually the match with 3:2.

Other good results are the wins against Brazil in World League some years ago and the win against Russia this year in Varna but those matches weren't as dramatic. I remember now two matches against Cuba for the World League (the second was World League 2009, I'm not sure if the first was for the World League at all, it was 5-6 years ago) which were both won by Bulgaria despite being 2:0 down.

Matches against Poland are every time really entertaining because both teams are world champions in "ups and downs" but they made a lesser mark in me compared to the match against Cuba.

• For me it would be like that:

Poland-Russia 3:2 (WCh 2006, Japan)
    Poland- Serbia and Montenegro 3:0 (WCh 2006, Japan)
    Poland-Buglaria 3:1 (WCh 2006, Japan)
    Poland-Bulgaria (matches) WL 2007)
    Poland- France (final tournament of WL 2007, Spodek, Katowice)
    Poland- Portugal (Espinho 2008, Portugal, qualification tournament. not the highest quality match, but considering the circumstances, whole drama and then this huge joy after this victory- defintely unforgettable moment, still remember last action as if it was yesterday.)
    Poland-Russia 3:2 (OG 2008, Beijing. Another epic match by these two teams. I was just astonished, no words for what happened on the court back then)
    Poland-Bulgaria 3:0 (ECh 2009, Izmir)
    Poland-France 3:1 (ECh 2009, Izmir. I would rewatch it, just to see this great joy by our guys)
    Poland-Bulgaria 3:2 (final tournament of WL 2011, Gdańsk. Not the highest quality match, but there were lots of drama and tension)
    Poland-Czech Rep. 3:1 (ECh 2011, Karlove Vary. Drama, drama, lots of exciting moments, some great actions, and this unforgettable come back by Poles in 3rd set. Definitely worth to see again)
    Poland-Russia 3:1 (ECh 2011, Vienna)
    Poland-Italy 3:2 (WC 2011, Tokio)
    Poland-Brazil 2:3 (WC 2011, Tokio)

And some matches from Olympics in Athens :D Back then I was just starting my journey with volleyball, so these matches were definitely unforgettable for me :D But...they were certainly not the best, or most exciting (excluding POL-ARG), so that would be weird to put them here, but they have a sentimental value to me, and if I could rewatch them, I would definitely do that :)
    Btw, I should probably put every single POL-BUL match, 'cause I always enjoy (and then cry doesn't matter the final result) them, they are usually very exciting and full of drama :D

• Bulgaria hasn't won any trophies so our NT is usually in the losing side in its "great matches". I consider "great" to be not a thrash by our team against an opponent but a spectacular match filled with drama. The last one was Bulgaria vs Cuba - 2:3 (WCH 2010) and especially the second set when we were losing with 21:12 and 22:14. And then the Wall called Niki Nikolov made 23847621347 blocks to make the result 20:22 and after that it was 23:23. And then... Matey served great, the ball came directly to Toshko Alexiev and... Cuba won the game and eventually the match with 3:2.

Other good results are the wins against Brazil in World League some years ago and the win against Russia this year in Varna but those matches weren't as dramatic. I remember now two matches against Cuba for the World League (the second was World League 2009, I'm not sure if the first was for the World League at all, it was 5-6 years ago) which were both won by Bulgaria despite being 2:0 down.

Matches against Poland are every time really entertaining because both teams are world champions in "ups and downs" but they made a lesser mark in me compared to the match against Cuba.

Yes, the same to me, too and I would like also to add:
    the match against France on WCH 2006, which brought us to the semi-final of the tournament even before to have played the last group stage match against Brazil - it was an unforgetable 3-2 reslut with a lot of drama and turnouts in it; GREAT JOY for us after that :obey:
    also the match against Russia on WC 2007 when we practically qualified for the OGs in Pekin, it was another hard 3-2 with a lot of pressure and some replicas before the match :D ;
    And I'll finish my post with some funny "dramatical" match for both sides - Bulgaria - Poland on ECh 2007 :lol: Well, I am laughing now, but back then it deffinately wasn't funny at all :pinch: Before the start of tournament both teams were considered to be main favourites for the title after the huge success they had previous year, but we all now what happened eventually :P Anyway, the same year we have lost four times in a row in the group for WL against Poland and if we add the semi-final from WCH... = nightmare :wacko: So the dramatic win with 3-2 for us in this match, somehow broke the spell and was a little consolation, I will never forget the gesture and expression of Plamen Konstantinov right after the last point of the match - it was like one great "AT LAST" and a sigh of relief :rolll: Match agaisnt Poland in WL 2011 also was quite dramatic I think, with that crazy tie-break and so many ups and downs during the whole game, plus I have never seen Bartman more red, so this POL-BUL epopee deserves to be mentioned, too :D

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Which are the best matches of your favourite team (NT or club it doesn't matter)

Oh I just noticed that :D Well...as a crazy fan of JW I have to do it for my team as well :D

Every single match by Jastrzębski is epic (doesn't matter victory or defeat :D ), that's first of all :D Ok, just kidding :D We have played a lot of great matches, but the ones I will never forget took place not so long ago:

Edit! I totally forgot about Cup of Poland victory! How could I :D Jastrzębski Węgiel- Asseco Resovia Rzeszów 3:2 :D
    Jastrzębski Węgiel- SESI Sao Paulo 3:2 (WCCh 2011, Doha)
    Jastrzębski Węgiel- Zenit Kazań 3:2 (WCCh 2011, Doha)
    Jastrzębski Węgiel- Dinamo Moscow 1:3 (defeated, but showed a very solid game, and we had some chances even for a victory. Generally whole F4 was a success, imo. 'Cause everyone was saying that we're a clown team, playing shitty volleyball, got a fluke and thanks to that we're in the F4. A lot of people have expected us to totally collapse, to be eaten by every single team in Bolzano, whereas we showed a very solid game and had a pretty equal battles with top teams of Europe)
    and my favourite- Jastrzębski Węgiel- Noliko Maaseik 3:0 17:15 in the golden set (Woooohooo how happy I was back then :rolll: Ridiculous JW victorious again! :D )

then....every single match under the guidance of Tomaso Totolo :D Love Italian coaches in Jastrzębski :D

I have never seen Bartman more red, so this POL-BUL epopee deserves to be mentioned, too :D

:rolll: Definitely :lol:

• As a Chinese volleyball fan, of course I support our ladies' national team. I paid a lot of attention to them before 2009 and afterwards I started to watch international men's matches...

So, my top 3 matches of China women's National team are

3 2010 Asian Games, in Guangzhou, China, final, China 3-2 Korea
    2 2011 World Cup, in Hiroshima, Japan, China 3-2 Japan
    1 2004 Olympic Games, in Athens, Greece, final, China 3-2 Russia

I don't want to comment on these matches more because they're must-sees if you like China NT.

In 2009, I occasionally watched several men's matches and immediately was attracted by the other side of volleyball sport. As you see, I like Polish NT very much, not to mention that Kurek is my very idol of volleyball player. :)

For me, not to be discounted are

3 2011 European Championship, in Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic, playoff, Czech Republic 1-3 Poland
    I was in a desperate mood before this match and I didn't suppose Poland would win this, because Poland had just lost to Czech on HWMermorial and Czechs are at home. As I thought, Poland lost with an advantage in the second set and in the third set they were at least 5 points behind. I even came up with excuses such as Poland had claimed a wild card for World Cup so they didn't need to defend the Euro Championship. However, incredible as it is, I witnessed this wonderful 3rd set. Big disadvantage to tied score to tiebreaker and tiebreaker and ... Nowakowski and Mozdzonek showed fabulous skills in attacking while Kurek fought for every point with steel mind.
    Everyone knows the result. What counts is the process. Without this match I couldn't imagine all the glory they gained this year.

2 2011 World Cup, in Nagoya, Japan, Serbia 1-3 Poland
    The whole 2011 World Cup was a dream for supporters of Polish NT that they would not wake up. I picked this match to show my respect to Michal Kubiak. Yes, everytime I replayed the clip of that unbelievable save I was encouraged by a kind of volleyball spirit. Recently there was a video titled 155 digs in 4 minutes, which told everyone what volleyball is. I should say I must work out more and try to learn fish dive dig, or I'll hesitate to say I play volleyball. :lol: Back to this match, I picked this one as the representative of the spectacular tournament of Poland because actually these guys showed excellent shapes in this match. Bartman received the first MIP in the match against Cuba but we all know he was overrated. But in this match we can see an unbreakable Zibi, the bravest Kubi, one of the most amazing setters, Zagumny and Nowakowski, Winiarski, Mozdzonek, Ignaczak. Watching this match is a real pleasure.
    PS: for Serbia fans, you must watch Serbia 3-1 Brazil! :super:

1 2009 European Championship, in İzmir, Turkey, Poland 3-1 France
    The more I know about Polish NT, the more I feel this first Euro Champion title significant. If anyone wonders why I admire Bakiewicz, Gruszka, Zagumny, Plinski, Winiarski so much. Well, this match is the answer.
    Sometimes I review this match just for the moment that scoreboard showing 27-24, if you know what I mean...

I would admit that I'm not an experienced volleyball fan, and my selections remain after 2008, though I knew several awesome matches before Beijing Olympic, such as 2006 World Championship and conquering Russia in 2008 OG. You may get reference from prior posts.

And, a special one, perhaps a best match just for me.
    0 2009 Hubert Wagner Memorial, in Łódź, Poland, Poland A 3-1 China
    This is not really worth watching because Poland A team played with bench players. On Augest 21st, 2009, perhaps it was the first time I watched a match at night. I was China men's NT fan at that time and I felt sad for our loss.
    So, the truth is, I met Zibi earlier than Bartek! :lol:

• Polish male NT:
    2006 - WCH - against Russia(3:2) and Bulgaria(3:1)
    2007 - WL - against France(3:2)
    2008 - Olympic Games - against Russia(3:2)
    2009 - ECH - against France(3:1, 3:1)
    2011 - WL - against Argentina(3:1); ECH - against Czech(3:1), Russia(3:1); WC - against Italy(3:2), Brazil(2:3).

Aluprof Bielsko-Biała:
    2009 - Polish Cup - against Muszyna(3:0)
    2010 - Champion of Poland - against Muszyna(0:3, 3:0, 1:3, 3:1, 3:1)
    2009 - Champions League - against Dinamo Moskwa(2:3)
    2010 - Champions League - against Rabita Baku(3:2)
    2010 - PlusLiga - against Trefl Sopot(3:0)
    2011 - Polish Cup - against Dabrowa Gornicza(3:2-from 0:2), Trefl Sopot(3:1), and Muszyna(2:3-I think, that it was the last and the best match between polish teams)
    2011 - PlusLiga, bronze medal - against Dabrowa(3:0, 3:0, 3:0)

• My great AZS Częstochowa (which is not so great now) and 3 amazing matches that I'll never forget:

19.12.2007 (Puchar Cev) AZS - Iskra Odintsovo - simply BRILLIANT, we kick out Russians from the competition in a golden set after enormous dose of excitement :D
    12.02.2009 (Champions League) Copra Piacenza - AZS Częstochowa 2:3
    18.02.2009 (Champions League) AZS Częstochowa - Copra Piacenza 3:0

Match agaisnt Poland in WL 2011 also was quite dramatic I think, with that crazy tie-break and so many ups and downs during the whole game, plus I have never seen Bartman more red, so this POL-BUL epopee deserves to be mentioned, too :D

You shot me :rolll:

• National teams (Women's):

Poland - Germany 3:2 (European Championships 2003)
    Turkey - Poland 0:3 (European Championships 2003)
    Poland - Russia (European Championships 2005)
    Poland - Italy 3:0 (European Championships 2005)
    Poland - Serbia 3:2 (World Cup 2007)
    Poland - Korea 3:2 (World Championships 2010)
    Serbia - Germany 3:2 (European Championships 2011)

Clubs:

Foppapedretti Bergamo - Asystel Novara 3:0 (CEV Champions League 2004/2005)
    Monte Schiavo Banca Marche Jesi - Foppapedretti Bergamo 1:3 (Italian Cup 2005/2006)
    Foppapedretti Bergamo - Dinamo Moscow 3:2 (CEV Champions League 2006/2007)
    Foppapedretti Bergamo - Monte Schiavo Banca Marche Jesi 3:2 (Italian Cup 2007/2008 )
    Scavolini Pesaro - Foppapedretti Bergamo 2:3 (Italian Cup 2007/2008 )
    Vakıfbank Güneş Sigorta Türk Telekom - Zentiva 3:0 (Turkish League 2009/2010)
    Fenerbahçe Acıbadem - Vakıfbank Güneş Sigorta Türk Telekom 2:3 (Teledünya Turkish Cup 2010/2011)
    Vakıfbank Güneş Sigorta Türk Telekom - Eczacıbaşı VitrA (Turkish League 2010/2011)
    Vakıfbank Güneş Sigorta Türk Telekom - Eczacıbaşı VitrA 3:2 (CEV Champions League 2010/2011)
    Fenerbahçe Acıbadem - Vakıfbank Güneş Sigorta Türk Telekom 2:3 (CEV Champions League 2010/2011)
    Vakıfbank Güneş Sigorta Türk Telekom - Rabita Baku 3:0 (CEV Champions League 2010/2011)
    Fenerbahçe Universal - Eczacıbaşı VitrA 1:3 (Turkish SuperCup 2011/2012)