What's your opinion on doping?

• We never discussed this topic and I think it may be interesting. So what's your opinion on uses of illegal medicaments and the doping control. I didn't know where to put this topic but if you choose to stay only on volleyball limits, it should be there, if we write more globally and extend to other sports, it can be moved in the other sports section.

The biggest mouth of Bulgarian volleyball Vlado Nikolov said a week ago about doping:
    "Two are the things that scare me the most - injuries and doping! Something that gets somehow into your food can ruin your career. For me doping is something scary and something we should be frightened from. I know that I have never used illegal medicaments and I thoroughly count on our NT doctor Dinko Zahariev. But there's always a shed of doubt that something might happen"

That's the opinion of Vlado Nikolov and that's pretty much my opinion. I'll also ask WADA why the doping scandals and positive samples are mainly on athletes from Russia, Eastern Europe and some third world countries? Excluding the Balco affair, the USA has never had a doping scandal! What are these double standarts?!

And I don't accept those visits at 4 a.m for ex. and the punishments for some pathetic quantities of some not so powerful medicaments which god knows how entered the body.

There is the other way around - no matter what they tell us, sprinters are all doped! Dwain Chambers wrote on his autobiography that he use about 30 illegall medicaments and 30 other medicaments which keep him alive and able to sleep!

But if all your competitors are doped, what can you do? Doping is a tough case...