2020 Olympics - TOKYO

• Congratulations to all Japanese users on your country winning the 2020 Olympics bid! As a Londonder I can tell you that you're in for quite an experience!!!
    :drink:
    No details of venues etc yet but I'm looking forward to hearing details.

• Congratulations Tokyo & Japan!

I think it will be the best Olympic Games ever !! Ganbare Nippon ! :thumbsup:

Maybe Saori will play at this Olympics? It's my dream :D

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - Olympic Games 2012
    Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - European Championship 2015
    Silver Medal
    - Prediction Game - Women's - Olympic Games 2012

がんばれ 日本!

• Congratulations Tokyo & Japan!

She'll be 33-34 years old, so it's possible ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Happy to see Tokyo hosting it! It will be a fantastic event, no doubt about it.

Too bad about the time zone, though. Volleyball matches will be really hard to watch live.

• OK. Do Japan still host/participate in WCup 2019?

Because of this they shouldn't do it, I recommend Poland/Brazil/Italy instead :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Congratulations to Tokyo/Japan :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

• Congrates to Japan!
    Are they going to play 2019 world cup,cause world cup held in Japan every 4 years ? :super:

Yes, 2019 World Cup will be in Japan. I think Japan will take part in this competition. It's very good test before major matches, and they'll show them best volleyball for Japanese fans ^^

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - Olympic Games 2012
    Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - European Championship 2015
    Silver Medal
    - Prediction Game - Women's - Olympic Games 2012

がんばれ 日本!

• It was well deserved decision :drink: Japan already hosted world championships in football, basketball and volleyball. They have a good sport culture. Turkey wasn't ready yet and I am pretty sure that we can't have 2024 neither since USA will most probably be candidate :roll:

• No Serdar we were as ready as Brazil. It was our best chance but we wasted it. Forget 2024, 2028 :wall:

Come on! Without any patriotic feelings, be objective; who would watch waterpolo or table tennis match in Istanbul? Indeed, if it is not Turksy's match I doubt that anyone would watch other populer sports like basketball or volleyball as we saw it via previous championship (remember 2009 male ECh, number of supporters was humiliating :aww: ) Having a decent number of supporters for each sport is very crucial since OG is the ultimate tournament for almost every sport and playing in an empty gym is very disappointing for these pro players. On the other hand Brasil is not that bad at this element.

Moreover, Turkey is politically very instable country. There is a significant dispute between seculars and Islamists. It is very fair to prefer a secure country like Japan instead a country which has infinite problem with its each neighbor.

Besides OG is the symbol of fair sport. That's why a country having a dozen of match fixing and doping scandals mustn't be allowed to be host :down: The most shameful part is that a racist wrestler named Riza Kayaalp was rewarded as flag holder at Mediterrean Games. A country letting this scandal happen doesn't deserve to be host.

I can name at least 10 more reasons not to make Turkey host for OG, yet this is not the appropriate thread for it :whistle:

• Congratulations Tokyo! :heart: I'm so happy that this city will host Olympics. It's amaizing! I think that it'll be a beautifull event :heart: Seven years is so long but I can't wait :lol:

Congratulations Tokyo & Japan!

It's my dream too! :thumbsup: I hope that she'll get a medal in the Rio and next in the Tokio :heart: And then she'll become coach of Hinotori Nippon :lol: It's my 'realization' :thumbsup:

She'll be 33-34 years old, so it's possible ^^

EXACTLY! :thumbsup: Takeshita retired after Summer Olimpics Games in London. She was 33/34 (?) :D

Yes, 2019 World Cup will be in Japan. I think Japan will take part in this competition. It's very good test before major matches, and they'll show them best volleyball for Japanese fans ^^

Yeah, it'll be a good training before Tokyo 2020. :)

• Yeah, it'll be a good training before Tokyo 2020. :)

Japan have so many tournaments each summer, so WC 2019 should be held in other place, it's even logical. Other host countries cannot even join World Cup. It also wouldn't be fair playing good match for ex. against China and bad against USA. I read that World Cup will be held in Japan, but than they didn't know who will be host of OG, so maybe some things gonna change.

• Congrats Tokyo! I am looking forward to the opening ceremony :) Remembering what I saw on TV in Beijing, Japan should be able to do miracles. I have no doubts about the organization itself. As much as I wanted a neighboring country (Turkey) to host such an event, I also think they failed in a number of criteria, unfortunately. But that's not the point in this discussion.