Unpopular opinions

• I've got another one. I don't really believe people who are responsible for volleyball in Poland (particularly in our federation) are in it just for the money. I think they do want to make things better. The problem is, most of these people are simply too stupid for the job and their provincial mindset is the main reason why have no chance of being an actual, not just commercial, powerhouse anytime soon.

• poljak of course in terms of attack YES there are players better than her but not eda and furst but rather bauer and velkjovic however if we only consider middles who are heavily exposed (meaning players who played in at least 85% of the previous games) then she is still number 1.

• 1) FIVB, CEV and their derivatives have terrible marketing strategies.
    2) Italian instead of English being the "language of volleyball" is a big reason for its lack of popularity in Western Europe and among English speaking countries.

From 1) and 2) - if FIVB targets markets such as UK, Canada, Australia + NZ together with Spain and possibly Scandinavia - volleyball can get a huge boost in its popularity

3) Further changes in rules must be adopted to make the sport more viewable and attractive to media and fans.
    4) (All other elements being on average level) If we take one volleyball element to say it's the most important in the game, it'll be serving.
    5) Zbigniew Bartman, Todor Aleksiev, Christian Savani, Leandro Vissotto, Yuri Berezhko/Denis Biryukov, Matthew Anderson are very overrated and are very lucky to play (have played) in their respective NTs (with the exception of Anderson).
    6) Taras Khtey, Viktor Yosifov, Michal Lasko, De Pandis (Cuneo libero), Bruno Rezende, Sanchez-Bozlueva are underrated (not enough credit and attention is given to them in accordance to their level).
    7) Bartosz Kurek had the potential to be a great volleyball player with Giba-like impact. However, injuries + attitude + mentality are probably the reason why he will never reach his potential.

• 7) Bartosz Kurek had the potential to be a great volleyball player with Giba-like impact. However, injuries + attitude + mentality are probably the reason why he will never reach his potential.

Maybe, but I think a huge part of the blame also lies with his coaches (Jacek Nawrocki in particular) who notoriously covered him in reception. Now he's deficient.

• Short players can surprise volleyball fans . regardless how the fans mock and laugh at them . They often shut that mouth up by their skill .

[Gabi , Bosetti , Onuma Sittirak] in my opinion . they are better than many tall players [for example Starovic ,Kosek , Bacelini ,Chaplina ,Beier , Brinker and a player from Bulgaria who currently play for Zurich ]

I really don't like the Starovic siblings on court . they are high but don't know how to hit the ball . always make it in the back of the court . its too easily to defend.

btw Sasa Starovic is hot .

• I think that Lo Bianco should about her retirement...she is too slow and predictable since she came too Galatasaray and in this season it is so evident: just high balls to OH and OPPs...about Gala I would also say that Rabadzhieva is overrated!!

Italy NT still needs Piccinini: her reception, attacking and defensive skills are on an excellent level despite the age; if she comes back, together with Cardullo Italy could avoid some bad matches like the ones this summer.

I think that Bahar Toksoy is overrated: nothing against her, but she is not a good blocker nor a spiker, just a good MB. among overrated players I would also put Mammadova...she is a great attacker, no doubt about that, but she is also a weak receiver...moreover the teams she played with depended too much on her, but if she had a bad day the team was easily beatable! she is not a complete OH..
    then I would add Krsmanovic (not determinant), Naz (talented setter, but not the best...the future is with her though!), Signorile (horrible ball touch, no creativity, little precision)...

I'm still wondering why Ortolani didn't go to the Olympics in London...we basically didn't have any offensive player beside Costagrande (bad shape and bad link with Lo Bianco) and Gioli (all the teams knew her, she wasn't so effective).

• no way! Centoni should be the starter!! Especially when the other OPP is DIOUF

good or bad Diouf is the future of ıtalia so she should play most of the time..Centoni is a better and experienced opp than her but she is an "aged" player. for her not to be tired,she should be used less..

• Staying in Italy...

I can't see any future for the italian NT once Piccinini, Barazza and Cardullo have left. Since Lina Del Core is gone, there are already problems to find a new OH to take her place.

Diouf is the most overrated player ever.

Centoni is the best italian opposite of the last 6/7 years.

• It's painful to watch Diouf :aww: She doesn't even fit Italian volleyball.I can't believe she is still in NT.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Completely agree about Diouf. She's just a high wood... She would probably be a better player in some years but I assume her maximum is being such a player like Haneef-Park or the tall Russian player (I don't remember her name). Her style of volleyball never fits on Italian team. I remember there were some people saying Sorokaite just sucks and doesn't have enough level to play in NT...and Diouf does? :whistle: I think Sorokaite is kind of a player who fits much better on Italy.

Finding a great opposite like Togut and Aguero will take a very long time. It's already visible that Ortolani will never be a player that can be comparable. Probably Centoni is the only great italian opposite.

• Completely agree about Diouf. She's just a high wood... She would probably be a better player in some years but I assume her maximum is being such a player like Haneef-Park or the tall Russian player (I don't remember her name). Her style of volleyball never fits on Italian team. I remember there were some people saying Sorokaite just sucks and doesn't have enough level to play in NT...and Diouf does? :whistle: I think Sorokaite is kind of a player who fits much better on Italy.

Finding a great opposite like Togut and Aguero will take a very long time. It's already visible that Ortolani will never be a player that can be comparable. Probably Centoni is the only great italian opposite.

Do you mean Nelly Alisheva? :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I think Sorokaite compared to Centoni is not enough yet. She's still better than Diouf, no doubt. And Italy has a little diamont like Zago, but this first season in A1 was (untill now) full of small injuries and she couldn't show her best. If I was Italian NT coach I'd take to world championships Centoni as starter and Sorokaite as back up and from 2014 I'd give a chance to Zago.

• Jup, It's Alisheva or Aliseva however you call it :D

I always prefer smaller players unless the other tall player is Gamova. Metcalf than Haneef-Park, Centoni or Sorokaite than Diouf, Malykh than Aliseva. (Maybe it's ridiculous to compare those ladies since Malykh is 10 years old younger) Perhaps Brakocevic is an exception because I think she's the best OPP alive right now and she's only 25 years old.

Players I'd like to see in NT this year.

- Francesca Ferretti (Italy will NEVER succeed with Lo bianco at WCH this year...or do they want to humiliate themselves at home?)
    - Nadia Centoni
    - Katarzyna Skorupa (No Radecka, No Belcik)
    - Ana Antonijevic (Once again IMO she's already a better setter than Ognjenovic, but she always would stay as maja's back up unless Terzic gets fired)
    - Jovana Vesovic (She's doing a great job in Turkey and Molnar's time in NT is already over)
    - Mareen Apitz (Does she want to play in NT again?)
    - Linda Dorendahl (She's my favourite libero but I don't think there's one spot for her in German NT)