Unpopular opinions

• Well talking about National teams:

-Gizem is not enough for the Turkish NT. Gulden has to be recalled at least for receptions.
    -Guldeniz is definitely a mediocre player and does not deserve to be in the NT.
    -Esra Gumus is needed in Turkish NT since there is not any good receiver OHs except Gözde and Neriman fails often in reception.
    -Neslihan is the only good Turkish opposite so far. I believe Neriman or Seda are better alternatives than Polen.
    -Eda Erdem is the only good MB in Turkish NT. Rest are just mediocre however if I may make an order from best to worst (Bahar > Ergul > Busra). I would actually prefer Sinem from GsD than Ergul & Busra.

About other national teams:
    -Diouf is just tall, she doesnt have spike technique and she is extremely slow. Centoni rocks compared to her.
    -I dont know who is the trainer of Polish NT but he/she is clearly a big failure. Kasia, Glinka, a number of ok setters and ok MBs can do better than this.
    -Saori Kimura is not a defensive OH. Isnt she one of the top scorers of Japanese NT? It's quite unfair to critisize her performance in Europe considering Leo's high/predictable sets.
    -At the moment, Leo is just a mediocre setter.

• Nah if you are playing well both in clubs and NT like gamova, Castro, brakocevic and neslihan people will give you more credibility on how good you are although if you underperform in one of the 2 categories be prepared to be trashed.

Better option does not automatically mean better results :lol:

• Gözde Sonsırma is an overrated player.
    Maybe she played well in club(Vakifbank), but I think the main reason is that there are big stars(Furst, Brakocevic) covering her.
    Her performance in National Team didn't convince me, without big stars she can't lead the team go farther.
    For me, she is just an average player, she even can't compare with Lucia Bosetti.

Gözde was the MVP of Olympic Qualification tournament in Ankara(of course for me). She was the best player for us when we got bronze at World Grand Prix. The only match that she played badly in 2013 NT season was against Russia in ECH(in this match noone played good in our team). I think she is one of the best in Europe.

I actually think the opposite : Lucia Bosetti is an overrated player just like her sister Caterina.

• Caterina is obviously an overrated player but Lucia? No way. Some years ago when Italy junior NT won the gold and Caterina won the MVP award, it all looked like she would kick everyone's ass but apparently she's not able to play as good as she would like to. She was a big disappointment last year.

Lucia is a very unique player and very fun to watch. Such a short player jumps like a cuban woman and has got stable reception and she's also a good server. I would prefer her to Sonsirma ;)

• I agree about Gozde: she is quite overrated...she plays really good in club but in NT where she has more responsibilities, she is mediocre.
    Lucia Bosetti is really strong: she is a stable receiver, very rare thing nowadays, she is also very smart in attack! I think that her, with Piccinini and Cardullo would be the best line for italian NT...Costagrande as back-up, or as non receiving OH (Bosetti as receiving OPP in that case). the setters should be Ferretti and Rondon: she is playing really well in Modena this year, she has been criticized a lot, but now she has grown a lot since last season, showing everybody what she could do!!

another player I don't appreciate so much is Seda: she was a good attacker, but never so effective or determinant as she should be!

one of the players like the most is Huo Ruoqi: she looks humble, hard worker and she is really strong (I'm basing myself on personal feelings!

and let's give some time to Diouf!! she is just 20!! she will never be quick and explosive as Aguero, she is a different kind of player; anyway I think we sholud let her develop!

• You ain't wining any medal with Cosagrande as attacking non-passing OH! I like her as a player but she is not a good attacker anymore.. she's showing it in Vakif.. As for Gozde how do you see her being overrated.. she is a good passer, good defender, she has a very good block for her height 1.82 and she is good in attack.. she has been weaker in that element, than she improved on that field and now she is a little weaker when it comes to killing balls but as we've seen she has been having problems with her shoulder.. As for the NT she also does a good job there.. not look at this summer.. they had changed their coach and there was a new environment so you can look at her previous performances..

• There is way too much talk about Gözde and Bahar on this forum.

Maybe about whole Turkish volley :whistle: but these clubs have money and we have many people from that area on forum ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• We talked about Bednarek's legs and Gamova's unprofessional behavior too:D :D

And how poor are "divas" Gioli and Lo Bianco :lol:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• You ain't wining any medal with Cosagrande as attacking non-passing OH! I like her as a player but she is not a good attacker anymore.. she's showing it in Vakif.. As for Gozde how do you see her being overrated.. she is a good passer, good defender, she has a very good block for her height 1.82 and she is good in attack.. she has been weaker in that element, than she improved on that field and now she is a little weaker when it comes to killing balls but as we've seen she has been having problems with her shoulder.. As for the NT she also does a good job there.. not look at this summer.. they had changed their coach and there was a new environment so you can look at her previous performances..

you are right about Costagrande...let's say I wrote it just as a possibility if our OPP plays badly!! about Godze let's say that my thought is similar to akiyaLai's one..