2016 Olympics being moved to London?!

• Yes, I couldn't believe it either... According to a report in London's Evening Standard, preparations in Rio are SO far behind schedule that the IOC are considering pulling the plug (which they deny, but then they would, wouldn't they?)

If Rio can't be ready in time (and I really hope it is) then London would be a no-brainer because even though quite a few of the venues have already been modified (and one or two demolished) the building work would really be tiny compared to what was involved the first time around, not to mention that, operationally speaking, everything will have been done once already (and most things twice, with the Paralympics).

Earls Court is due to be demolished but as far as I know no date has been set, so presumably the volleyball would be played there again.

I would love to know from Jo or anyone else what is going on in Rio, it seems incomprehensible that preparations could be SO far behind… Even Athens in 2004 and Montreal in 1976 (widely viewed as having been the two worst-planned Olympics since the war) were not just more advanced with 2 years to go, but WAY more advanced... :white:

• I won't lie, things here are pretty delayed..specially because of the World Cup coming seems nothing else is important right now. Plus is election year in Brazil, for president and our current govern is not really good in anything....so I doubt Dilma or anyone from her current govern will worry about Olympics right now...even though the Brazilian Govern supose to be responsable for part of the organization of the Games, like airports and so on.

But I dont think that Olympics wont be in Rio...at least not for now.

Rio 2016 commitee said that the report that came out in english press is completly fake.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/…bre-jogos-em-londres.html

I still have hopes that we will be able to make good Olympics...but since we are talking about Brazil is hard to be sure of anything... :/ For now what I can say is that the city is chaotic...constructions everywhere!!!

• Well, these delays show Brazil as not reliable, I hope that they'll be ready on time :roll:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Saw the British media are reporting this this morning. Having in mind that Brasil is not 100% ready for the World football championship which is suposed to start in a matter of weeks, the idea of London having to host the OG in 2016 doesn't seem so far-fetched :roll:

• Hard to say right now...but I dont think Rio 2016 will eb as bad as World Cup..though of course, all will be in same city and that is always more complicated..

but COI seem more serious than FIFA...plus Rio 2016 is made most part of private money. Though Govern should care for the things in the city..like security, traffic and so on, and of course that is very important...but than construction of the sites and everything done with private money...while world cup almost everything was paid with govern money... :/

We will see....if everything is set as planned I hope for a good Olympics...not the best...but a historical one considering is the first in South America.