Men Slide Attackers

• It's not a common attack in men's games but what do you think about male volleyball players (especially MB) who can slide attack? :)

• It's not a common attack in men's games but what do you think about male volleyball players (especially MB) who can slide attack? :)

I have seen Michael dos Santos, a Brazilian player who played for Volei Futuro run a slide.. It was a video on Volleywood but I can't find it.
    I think many players would be able to do it, because men in general are more athletic that women, it would bring a variety to the game, but I think it's not needed... Women try to avoid the block, but male can spike over it or through it... Would like to see that though

• I have seen Michael dos Santos, a Brazilian player who played for Volei Futuro run a slide.. It was a video on Volleywood but I can't find it.
    I think many players would be able to do it, because men in general are more athletic that women, it would bring a variety to the game, but I think it's not needed... Women try to avoid the block, but male can spike over it or through it... Would like to see that though

i think this attack is something different in men's games,i like to run slides and in my team all the MBs play with slides..in my opinion a volleyball player (either male or female) have to know every single kind of attack.. :serve:

• AFAIK Andrzej Wrona also tried slide attack :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Marcin Nowak used to slide attack. I remember that from Polish NT matches.

• If anyone's still curious, Lucão/Lucas Saatkamp had a couple of slide attacks today in the Brazil x Russia game. Can't find any videos online yet.

• I think it would be quite interesting to see men do slide attacks too. Could it be that most pros think they're too girly that's why they shun them?

There are two reasons:

1. Their feet are not as fast as female ones
    2. Any attack from Zone 1 by a male attacker is more powerful than the ones done by slide attack. However, in female volleyball, attacks from zone 1 is nor very strong so it is more common to use slide attacks instead ;)