FIVB (Ary Graça) x CBV (and Bernardinho)

• As some of you probably know, yesterday FIVB announced a punishment for Bernardinho and many Brazilian players from the episode that happened during the WCH in Poland.

Bernardinho, who was not even in the court when all the discution between some Brazilian staff and Mario Junior with FIVB director started, received a 10 GAMES !!!! penalty, plus he should pay 2000 dollars. Mario Junior was punished for 6 games, Murilo for one and also Bruninho will have to pay a 1000 dollars.

I mean 10 games?! Seems a bit hard right? Plus other players who have nothing to do with all the case (Mario Junior was the only one directly involved) were punished.
    But all has a political explanation....if you consider Bernardinho, Murilo and Bruninho are three of the people who complained the most about Ary GRaça administration as president from CBV.

And it goes deeper....

Two days ago, a report from CGU (Controladoria-Geral da União - its a federal organ resposable to defend public wealthy and fight corruption) pointed out irregularities in the management of public money in CBV under Ary Graça administration. All these irregularities such as fraudulent contracts, stealing, favoring family business, have been revealed in the past 10 months by the press (mainly ESPN), but only now it became something officially denounced.

You can find all about it in this report from ESPN form two days ago - http://espn.uol.com.br/noticia…s-do-dossie-volei-da-espn

Because of this, Banco do Brasil (CBV main sponsor and one of the accused in all the irregularities with Ary GRaça) decided to end the contract with Brazilian volleyball (which is bad, but maybe not that bad for CBV new administration).

Now to answer FIVB decision CBV decided Braazil wont organized the Finals of World League in 2015...and all communication between Brazilian volleyball and FIVB seems to be going down hill.

Ary Graça is using his power in FIVB to quiet those who go against him, and that really worries me about Volleyball future, with him as President....plus....now that every irregularities as CBV president became official, will he still stay as FIVB president??? :down:

Few months ago, Kerri Walsh has already given an interview saying she was worreid about Beach Volleyball future with this new administration...but no one seemed to care a lot to what she had to say....and now this....I mean, where all this will end? :S

• Corruption is the name of this game.

• In shock..... Ary Graca president of FIVB ?

Yes, he was previously CBV president...and he was still ahead CBV, even if not officially, after he was ellected FIVB president.
    Only when all the scandals here started being released by ESPn that he "decided" to step away from CBV completely, that is now under a new administration.

• Players from Funvic and Canoas started a match today using clown noses. It's no wonder they did it given how some of the most vocal players within our volleyball (Gustavo, Dante, Lipe) were on court.

• Thanks for opening this thread. This doesn't really come as a surprise for me......

If you consider that a guy like Ruben Acosta, who took millions out of FIVB, managed to stay president for over two decades, there is probably a good chance that Graca survives this as well. Of course, I would be happy if i will be proven wrong.

It would be great as well, if the brazilian team stands firm in this matter and if other federations would show solidarity.

For an insight on how things are working inside the FIVB, take a look at below article. It shows, how difficult it is to change the organisation from inside:
    http://www.playthegame.org/new…r-presidential-candidate/

Another, quite shocking case, which took place during the dark age of Acosta's reign:
    "The Case Goijman": http://www.playthegame.org/med…he-Game-Oct2014update.pdf

• Sesi and Cruzeiro .. Lucarelli, Wallace , Lucas and all other players of these two teams entered the court wearing fake clown noses, with a clear allusion to the recent corruption scandal....

• Hey, Doug Beal is still available?

I am basically guessing the Graca had just seen the example of Joao Havelange the former head of the Brazilian soccer federation, who became the FIFA President.
    Article

Or Ricardo Teixeira, former head of the Brazilian soccer federation (and had been married to Havelange's daughter)
    Article

• Yes, unfortunately corruption is one of the biggest problems in Brazil....and its not different in volleyball....Ary GRaça stayed ahead CBV fo two decades almost....he was not doing that to be solidary and help the sport....its never good to have the same president some many years in a row like that.

And yes, I think he wont leave FIVB that easy...

though Id love to see Doug Beal!!!!! Since the ellection I was rooting for him..hehehehe

Now lets see what will happen....cause CGU is a federal organ if they take to justice the case, Ary GRaça might have to answer to justice here. and for what've read, CGU has proof of many irregularities from Ary GRaça administration.....

Im sure players like Murilo, Gustavo, Bruninho and many others wont stop making their statements...and right now of courrse, all brazilian volleyball community seems united against what is happening,

That is a campaign saying "We won't shut ourselves up" #RespectVolleyball

• so lucky for brazil to have dedicate coaches even with dirty politics they are still one of the best in the world...... errrm i mean the best for womens while in our country we cant even participate even on a small event due to dirty politics.

• FIVB can suspend Brazil for one year!

Globoesporte.globo.com writes about possible fines for Brazilian Volleyball Federation, due to canceling organization of the World League 2015 final

According to FIVB regulations, there are three possible fines for Brazil. The first one is connected with money. Brazilcould receive a penalty ranging from US $ 110,000 up to US $ 276,000!
    The second fine means suspension. FIVB can suspend Brazil for one year, meaning that National Team will be banned from playing in international competitions in that period.
    Finally, the third one suggests that FIVB might ban Brazil to organize international competitions up to four years.

http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…brazil-for-one-year-.html

• With all of the arrests in Switzerland today, I wonder if Graca might get caught if he comes to the USA for the World Grand Prix Finals?

What arrests?

• "CSV (south american confederation) unanimously requests FIVB President to stand for a new term and endorses new FIVB strategic plan"
    http://www.fivb.org/en/FIVB/vi….asp?No=57322&Language=en

So everything is forgiven and forgotten and put below the carpet. It is hopeless..... :white:

If you consider that a guy like Ruben Acosta, who took millions out of FIVB, managed to stay president for over two decades, there is probably a good chance that Graca survives this as well. Of course, I would be happy if i will be proven wrong.

It would be great as well, if the brazilian team stands firm in this matter and if other federations would show solidarity.

• All five continental federations endorse Ary Graca for re-election in coming October.
    http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…ental-confederations.html

Seriously, who is writing that kind of creepy letters? it reads like a party endorsement for Erich Honecker, Breschnew or Kim Jong Un . "the plan will be fulfilled, pigs will fly and in our dear leader we trust....." :wacko:

And, by the way, since when FIVB presidents get elected for EIGHT years??????