You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

YavorD

Setter

• "YavorD" is male
  • "YavorD" started this thread

Favourite Team: Bulgarian NT, Neftochimik Burgas, Belogorie Belgorod, Sisley Treviso

Tuesday, January 27th 2015, 11:23am

World Rivalries

I want to start a discussion about world volleyball rivalries. What I mean is to enumerate/discuss/try to remember or find out the greatest or local volleyball rivalries in each country. It could be between the two biggest/most successful clubs in the country or between some local teams which are known for their "hot" derbies. Also, I want to mention players who have switched sides in these rivalries.

I know volleyball is not related to football and that volleyball fans are far more peaceful and do not take these rivalries so seriously. We also know that players' wages are way lower and sometimes they have no choice but change clubs regardless of history. But still I would be interested to know more about the behaviour of players changing arch rivals just like that.

Bartek

Jesus I Trust In You

• "Bartek" is male

Favourite Team: Уралочка НТМК Екатеринбург

Tuesday, January 27th 2015, 12:46pm

Fenerbahce - Galatasaray are No 1 in Ranking.

Gamova - Goncharova also in Players' Ranking.
Prediction Game:

Gold Medals - 14

Silver Medals - 12

Bronze Medals - 9

Overall: 35

Details

Sidney

Master

Favourite Team: Brazil NT, USA NT, Ned NT, Rexona, Minas, Fenerbahce, Pomi, Bergamo

Favourite Players: Mihajlovic, Natália, Stevanovic, Fabiana, Jucy, Piccinini, Ferretti, Larson

Tuesday, January 27th 2015, 3:16pm

In Brazil, as we all know:
Rexona/Rio de Janeiro vs. Molico/Osasco (former BCN/Osasco and Sollys/Osasco).
9 consecutive Superleague finals, with Rexona winning 6 and Molico/Osasco winning 3.

I think Thaísa is the most representative player in this dispute. She won three titles with Rexona (05/06, 06/07 and 07/08 ) and two titles with Osasco (09/10 and 11/12).

YavorD

Setter

• "YavorD" is male
  • "YavorD" started this thread

Favourite Team: Bulgarian NT, Neftochimik Burgas, Belogorie Belgorod, Sisley Treviso

Friday, January 30th 2015, 3:22pm

The Sofia derby between Levski and CSKA is the most vivid rivalry in Bulgaria. The level of both clubs diminished in recent years, taking away of its past spark. Levski and CSKA are still the main source of young players for the various NTs - a fact especially notable in the previous century and at the beginning of this one. Of course, the current tragic financial situation (which still doesn't prevent them from promoting youngsters and juniors) in both clubs and the emergence of other title candidates broke the dominance of clubs based in Sofia. Just as a reference, CSKA holds 29 championship titles, whereas Levski has 15.

Famous players who have appeared in both clubs' jerseys:

Dimo Tonev
CSKA 1982 - 1984, Levski 1984 - 1989
Ivaylo Stefanov
Levski till 1996, CSKA 2009 - present
Hristo Tsvetanov
CSKA 1996 - 1997, Levski 1997 - 2003, 2012 - 2014, CSKA 2014 - 2015
Georgi Manchev
no full information

Social bookmarks