You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tomen

Professional

• "tomen" is male
  • "tomen" started this thread

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W/M) Russian NT (M/W) Italian NT (W/M) Polish NT (M/W)

Favourite Players: Manon Flier, Zhu Ting, Jiang Chuan

Saturday, March 11th 2017, 5:13pm

The volleyball players with the same full name

If Guangdong Evergrande returns Chinese League A, you will find Liu Ya-nan born in 1997 as a middle-blocker.
In the history of Chinese volleyball, there are "three Li Ying-s" (a libero, a MB, a OH/OP) and "three Wang Chen-s" (a male OP, a female setter and a female OH).
I am curious about it around the world.
:D
My favourite roster of Chinese
male NT:
S - Li Run-ming, Zhan Guo-jun
OP - Dai Qing-yao, Jiang Chuan
OH - Ji Dao-shuai, Xia Run-tao, Liu Li-bin, Zhang Chen
MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Chen Long-hai, Geng Xin
L - Ren Qi

female NT:
S - Ding Xia, Yao Di
OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Zhang Chang-ning
OH - Hui Ruo-qi, Zhu Ting, Liu Xiao-tong, Li Jing
MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Yan Ni, Xu Yun-li
L - Lin Li

My avatar is Jiang Chuan. I hope more persons love him.

SHAME

• "SHAME" is male

Favourite Team: USA (W/M) - BRA (W/M) - PUR (W/M)

Saturday, March 11th 2017, 5:36pm

The are 2 Pablo Guzmán: one from Porto Rico and one from Argentina. :D
"Voglio i tuoi occhi quando sognerai per farmi rimanere qui"
"...come la terra la pioggia d'estate"
"Io ti ho coperto le spalle, scoprendo tutto il mio cuore"
- Emma :heart: :love:

Phil

Professional

• "Phil" is male

Favourite Team: Atom Trefl - Azeryol - Vakıfbank - Modena - RC Cannes

Favourite Players: Chen Wan Ting, Nootsara Tomkom, Maja Ognjenović, Neslihan Demir, Samanta Fabris, Anna Werblińska, Erika Coimbra, Erika Araki, Piyanut Pannoy

Saturday, March 11th 2017, 6:07pm

In Poland, we had Dominika Nowakowska (born in 1992, MB) and Dominika Nowakowska (born in 1988, OH/L). They are also 2 players called: Aleksandra Sochacka, both born in 1997, both are OH. Aleksandra Sochacka #1 played for Impel Wrocław last season and she got injuried. I don't know where she plays right now. Aleksandra Sochacka #2 plays for American University.

Sidney

Master

Favourite Team: Brazil NT, USA NT, Ned NT, Rexona, Minas, Fenerbahce, Pomi, Bergamo

Favourite Players: Mihajlovic, Natália, Stevanovic, Fabiana, Jucy, Piccinini, Ferretti, Larson

Saturday, March 11th 2017, 7:41pm

Gabriela Guimarães, OH, plays in Rexona and in the NT
Gabriella Guimarães, also OH, plays in Nestlé

Sunday, March 12th 2017, 2:32am

There are two Pauline Martin in France (one S and one MB), playing together a few years ago in French junior NT, and now playing again togther in Béziers :lol:

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Sunday, March 12th 2017, 1:14pm

There are two Pauline Martin in France (one S and one MB), playing together a few years ago in French junior NT, and now playing again togther in Béziers :lol:
And there is another Pauline Martin in Belgium, OH from 2002, playing for Dauphines Charleroi.

In Russia there are two Olga Efimova playing in Sakhalin. And there are two Irina Smirnova: one is the mother of Ksenia Ilchenko and Olympic champion 1988, the other plays for Linamar in Hungary and before that for Monza in Italy.

TimHH

Master

• "TimHH" is male

Favourite Players: LLoy Ball, Pavel Zagumny, Nikola Grbic, Robertlandy Simon, Dmitry Muserskiy. Murillo Endres, Nikolay Pavlov, Luciano De Cecco

Sunday, March 12th 2017, 1:49pm

György Grozer and his son György Grozer 8)

Junior is apparantly a bit more lucky with his hair :lol:

never mess with your setter......

YavorD

Setter

• "YavorD" is male

Favourite Team: Bulgarian NT, Neftochimik Burgas, Belogorie Belgorod, Sisley Treviso

Monday, March 13th 2017, 10:25am

There are a lot of common names in Bulgarian volleyball as well, especially when there is a number of very popular family names in the country. I won't bore you with old players or an exhaustive list of less known ones, but there is a curious case. The name Georgi Petrov could be found more than once in the team rosters in recent seasons. There are 3 people with that name, 2 of them are still active players. The veteran Georgi Petrov (OH), who is now a coach I don't know where, used to play for Levski until a few years ago. He then became coach of the team and assistant in the senior NT and some junior/youth NTs. There are 2 younger players with the name Georgi Petrov and they almost played for the same club. One of them (OPP) is a former player of Neftochimik 2010 and is now competing for Deya Volley Burgas in the second division. Neftochimik 2010 recruited a talented kid Georgi Petrov (OH) for the 2016-2017 campaign (I think he came from Slavia Sofia, not 100% sure), he is the youngest of all those mentioned.

tomen

Professional

• "tomen" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W/M) Russian NT (M/W) Italian NT (W/M) Polish NT (M/W)

Tuesday, April 4th 2017, 12:45pm

"High-jump" Gabi's full name is Gabriela Braga Guimarães.
"Strong" Gabi's full name is Gabriella Guimarães de Souza.
Their full names are not same in fact.
male NT:
L - Ren Qi

female NT:
S - Ding Xia, Yao Di
L - Lin Li

Sidney

Master

Favourite Team: Brazil NT, USA NT, Ned NT, Rexona, Minas, Fenerbahce, Pomi, Bergamo

Favourite Players: Mihajlovic, Natália, Stevanovic, Fabiana, Jucy, Piccinini, Ferretti, Larson

Tuesday, April 4th 2017, 1:30pm

"High-jump" Gabi's full name is Gabriela Braga Guimarães.
"Strong" Gabi's full name is Gabriella Guimarães de Souza.
Their full names are not same in fact.
But that's how they are known in volleyball world. Brazilians always take both their mother's and father's family name.

Ttom

Professional

• "Ttom" is male

Favourite Team: Polish NT,Cuba NT, Chemik Police, Budowlani Lodz 2010-12, Muszynianka 2005-2010, Scavolini Pesaro, RC Cannes, Uralochka

Favourite Players: 1 K.SKOWRONSKA, 2 M.Zenik, 4 I.Belcik, 5 M.Sliwa, 7 M.Glinka, 8.D.Swieniewicz, 9 A.Mroz, 10 J.MIREK, 11 S.Pycia, 13 M.Rosner, 14 M.Liktoras, 16 A.Przybysz...and many others

Tuesday, April 4th 2017, 2:11pm

in Poland dont forget Katarzyna Wysocka (MB, 1981) and (L, 1987)..also Marta Wojcik was some MB in Bialystok for one year..second one is Marta Wojcik-Pluta , setter

in Slovakia male NT you had 2 Martin Sopko - they are born on the same day (but one is 5 years senior), they are from the same town and lived on the same street and are not relatives

YavorD

Setter

• "YavorD" is male

Favourite Team: Bulgarian NT, Neftochimik Burgas, Belogorie Belgorod, Sisley Treviso

Tuesday, April 4th 2017, 7:27pm

in Slovakia male NT you had 2 Martin Sopko - they are born on the same day (but one is 5 years senior), they are from the same town and lived on the same street and are not relatives
Hahahaha, I know them both, but I didn't know their "common" story. What a cool story it is :D

tomen

Professional

• "tomen" is male

Monday, June 19th 2017, 2:32pm

Left: Li Rui (李睿, 睿 means intelligent), the middle-blocker of China men's national volleyball team and Team Henan Senior of Chinese League now
Right: Li Rui (李蕊, 蕊 means stamen or pistil), the outside hitter of China U21 men's national volleyball team and Team Sichuan Junior now
tomen has attached the following image:
  • QQ图片20170619202431.png
male NT:
L - Ren Qi

female NT:
S - Ding Xia, Yao Di
L - Lin Li

• "Gustavo Aguiar" is male

Favourite Players: Joycinha, Goncharova, Sheshenina, Mikaylov, Conte, Atanasijevic, Antonijevic, Ognjenovic, Grozer, Toniutti, Zhang CN, Gamova, Sokolova, Wolosz, Smarzek, Podrascanin

Monday, June 19th 2017, 7:02pm

Olga Efimova, 27 yo, setter of Sakhalin
Olga Efimova, 20 yo, outside-hitter of Sakhalin

This is very funny, I try to imagine how it's the narration :lol:
Everything starts with a dream. I believe! ^^

Social bookmarks