Your Favorite Volleyball Golden Triangle/Holy Trinity?

• I am just wondering which is your favorite golden triangle or holy trinity in volleyball teams? golden triangle or holy trinity which i am referring to is the trio that simply carry the team whether it is on offensive skills or defensive skills. let's share our favorite, be it the women's or the men's.

my all time favorite golden triangle will be Mari-Paula-Sheila of the Brazilian Women NT. these players were the epitome of killing machines back in their glory days, especially during the Beijing Olympic Cycle. Paula Pequeno was dubbed the female version of Giba back then. Sheila brought a whole new level of being an Opposite with her great angles, her firepower, and most of all her clever tip. and Mari Steinbrecher is a meat-grinder. over the top of the block with power was her forte. and it is safe to say the Beijing Olympic gold medal that Brazil won has her name written all over it.

who are your favorite volleyball golden triangle/holy trinity? let's share!

• Giba/Dante/André. I only followed the female NT when I was a kid (the era with Leila, Virna, Érika, Elisângela etc) until I discovered the male Brazilian team back in early 00s and those three made it so easy to be a fan right away. I was already deep into male volleyball by Athens 2004 and I remember going crazy over their gold medal.

• Mari-Paula-Sheila was indeed an incredible triangle, but saying the 2008 gold was only thanks to them is unfair to the other players. Every single starting players of this team were absolute beasts, all of them in the top of their shape, way above the level of the competition. I cannot think of any weakness in this team (maybe Fofao's block height ?). Brazil would still have easily get the gold without one player of this triangle, maybe even two of them.

About the topic, I can quickly also think of :
    Gamova-Sokolova-Godina (WCH 06)
    Kim-Sokolova-Tom (Fener 2012)
    Ravva-Rasic-Centoni (Cannes)
    Piccinini-Gioli-Aguero (Italy)
    Ana Moser-Marcia Fu-Hilma (Brazil 90s)
    Ruiz-Calderon-Carillo (Cuba 08)

And I can't remember the golden times of italian league, but there must have been fantastic trios as well ^^

• Sheilla-Mari-Paula was just too much for everyone at that time lol. Those three basically covered everyone's weaknesses and boosted the team in a lot more ways than one. Too bad only Sheilla was the most consistent or less injury prone of the three or they could've won more titles.

In men's basically Giba-Dante-Andre was magical. No weakness spotted besides their drama and ofcourse Fathet Time and the inspirational run of USA during Beijing Olympics... lmao.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Carillo, Calderon, Ruiz. I miss cuban volleyball ;( Especially Carillo as MB :heart:

• Carillo, Calderon, Ruiz. I miss cuban volleyball ;( Especially Carillo as MB :heart:

the same with me, also that 6-2 style with both setters hitting ;( no other team will never be so athletic and hard spiking like the Cubans...

my other Golden best triangle is Artamonova-Sokolova-Godina

• the same with me, also that 6-2 style with both setters hitting ;( no other team will never be so athletic and hard spiking like the Cubans...

my other Golden best triangle is Artamonova-Sokolova-Godina

Did any club try this 6-2 system? Indeed GS can play with that system with Nursevil who is a setter who can play as Opp and Neslihan who is an Opp who can play as setter. I'm not saying that's what they should play while having Gamze but it could be just fun to watch this rotation :heart:

• 6-2 is kinda obsolete right now when you can just have a libero or a middle blocker do the setting chores for you when a setter is out of the play.

Honestly, the game has changed. It's not really about having physicality but more on having specialized players do better on their roles rather than be just good at it.

I mean as the new crop of taller setters are proving it... They can basically do a lot more by dumping balls, blocking etc. Having two setters might just get your team in disarray and lose rhythm imo.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• U18 or U20 Brazil NT tried this system a few years ago but obviously it did not work

My trio would be Mari/Sheilla/Paula in Beijing 2008. It was actually the only year that they were able to play together...in 2005 Mari was recovering from a shoulder injury during almost the entire year, in 2006 Paula got pregnant before the WCH, in 2007 Mari was firstly moved back to OPP and then cut from the NT before the World cup, in 2009 Paula was injuried, in 2010 both Mari and Paula were injuried before the WCH, in 2011 they were still recovering, in 2012 Mari was back to OPP and got cut before the OGs...

But I also like watching this trio in Cuba's old matches: Regla Bell/Regla Torres/Myreia Luis.

• Simon - Leal - Leon - Cuba WCH 2012.

Good call, eventhough Leon, for age reasons, wasn't yet at todays level. Still it depresses me, that we won't see them together again, at least on NT level. :wall:

Personally, i took high enjoyment of the triangle Bruno/Lucas/Ngapeth. Highly spectacular and they played stuff which you just don't see from other guys.