Survey: best line-up ever among Men's club

• I was just thinking about it yesterday, while I was wondering if Kazan could be considered the strongest team ever. Because of I follow this sport since the 90s, I will propose only teams from that period onwards.

Ravenna 1990-91: Vullo - Timmons - Gardini - Masciarelli - Margutti - Kiraly

Parma 1991-92: Blangè - Carlao - Dal Zotto - Bracci - Giani - Gravina

Modena 1996-97: Vullo - Cuminetti - Giani - Van de Goor - Bracci - Cantagalli

Treviso 1997-98: Blangè - Fomin - Gravina - Gardini - Bernardi - Zwerver

Trento 2009-10: Raphael - Vissotto - Riad - Birarelli - Kazyski - Juantorena - Bari

Kazan today: Butko - Mikhaylov - Gutsalyuk - Volvich - Anderson - Leon - Verbov

Just add other teams if you want, and then I ask you Which would you choose among these?

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

Edited 2 times, last by Mamdani ().

• Ravenna 90-91 looks unreal :what:

Not as much as Parma, Treviso and Modena IMHO, because in Ravenna there are Margutti and Masciarelli (good players, but not top ones)

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Not as much as Parma, Treviso and Modena IMHO, because in Ravenna there are Margutti and Masciarelli (good players, but not top ones)

This is exactly the reason why I can't consider Zenit Kazan the best team ever. Their middles aren't spectacular, especially Gutsalyuk. A great list you have created, by the way! I would only add Sada Cruzeiro's line-up in the period 2015-2016.

William - Wallace - Simon (Eder) - Isac - Leal - Filipe - Sergio.

• Trento's glory years has a strong bench also. I think I have to go with that. Bari-Colaci, Stokr-Sokolov Raphael-Zygadlo etc. is insane.

If having the best players as titulars... I feel Zenit Kazan has that. The MBs may not be world class but no top team can't have it all without breaking the bank or having a good youth system.

For the one's from the older generation. So hard to compare with the evolution of the scoring system and the serve. I haven't really been exposed to that. lol but it's cool to see teams have high reception percentages back then and multiple players scoring in double digits because of the side-out scoring system. :win:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• This is exactly the reason why I can't consider Zenit Kazan the best team ever. Their middles aren't spectacular, especially Gutsalyuk. A great list you have created, by the way! I would only add Sada Cruzeiro's line-up in the period 2015-2016.

William - Wallace - Simon (Eder) - Isac - Leal - Filipe - Sergio.

Wasn't Simon playing in Korea at that time?