Is a 3rd Meter pipe possible?

• ive sen a lot of really good pipes over the years, but ive yet to see anyone get the ball infront of the 3 meter line. the closest might be someone like Grozer, Leon or even Dante back in the day. but none of those are even that close. so im wondering if any of you think that a 3rd meter pipe is even possible. Or what is the closes you have seen?

• The hardest part is where the spike is coming from in the distance from the net. If the ball is too close to the net, then it can be roofed easily. So that distance will prevent a ball landing inside the 3 meter line.

• my question is; is it even possible? i know that in real matches the set is often further back to give a better angle, and not get blocked as easily. but if someone tried it in practice, could they do it? or come close?

• The ball will travel 4 m in the air from 1 cm above the net (at the net, plus ball diameter 21cm) to 1 cm in side 3 meter line (the floor).
    Ball to be hit with a 48.45 degree angle or less to land at 41.55 degree angle.

This is or course hitting at 90 degrees on top of the net. But move the ball away from the net at the same angle to find a height that is possible.

25 cm away from net means ball is hit at 2.87 meters

50 cm away from net means ball is hit at 3.09 meters

100 cm away from net means ball is hit at 3.54 meters

• I am confused by the question... Do you mean hitting the pipe on top of the 3 meter line or before it?

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• If somebody does it they should get two points for it

• it's impossible to answer this question because there is no strict boundry between hitting a ball and a technical play, and it's obviously possible the second way

• im just wondering if anyone has seen anyone come close. or think that someone might be able to do it. it kind of like the 3 point dunk in basketball.it sounds far fetched, but how close can we get? :D

• It's not impossible especially against a team of midgets or confused giants but I feel the topic is just not interesting to me anymore.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney